Love in Action.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God commands that we love others as He loves us.

-Gods unconditional love. How many times do we sin against God and He forgives us our transgressions against Him? Psalm 103:12- He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. Isaiah 43:25- I, yes I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake and remembers your sins no more.

2- Love is the #1-character trait of a believer. The fruit of the spirit is Love from which all the fruit of the spirit flows. 1 Corinthians 13:2-7 describes love in action.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

3- Husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her. Ephesians 5:25.There are no conditions Jesus places on His bride. Jesus doesn’t hold her sins and unfaithfulness against her. He covers her sin, forgives and protects her.

4- Loving those who love you is not Gods love that is human love. Jesus said in Luke 6:32-33 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. And indeed, if you do good to those doing good to you, what credit is it to you? For even sinners do the same. Luke 6:35- But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

1 John 4:20- If anyone says, "I love God," but hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

miseó: to hate

Original Word: μισέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: miseó
Phonetic Spelling: (mis-eh'-o)
Definition: to hate
Usage: I hate, detest, love less, esteem less. properly, to detest (on a comparative basis); hence, denounce; to love someone or something less than someone (something) else, i.e. to renounce one choice in favor of another.

5- Love covers a multitude of sins, it doesn’t expose sin.

1 Peter 4:8- Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.

Proverbs 10:12- Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers all transgressions.

Proverbs 16:28- A perverse man spreads dissension, and a gossip divides close friends.

Proverbs 17:9- Whoever would foster love covers over an offense, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends.

I posted this in another forum but there was no interest. Is anyone here interested in discussion the one thing Jesus said all men will know you by is your love ?

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good bro,
I do like the how you explained how all of the fruit of The Spirit will follow "love". Kind of reminds me of:
Matthew 22:38-40
"This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Simple, really :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I
I just listened to this song...love it.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was sharing with a friend today that when we can love unconditionally we can help heal a multitude of hurting souls. Anger is a product of hurt and when someone is out there hurting and there is no one to turn to for comfort and encouragement they become lost angry souls....that's my perspective anyway.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was sharing with a friend today that when we can love unconditionally we can help heal a multitude of hurting souls. Anger is a product of hurt and when someone is out there hurting and there is no one to turn to for comfort and encouragement they become lost angry souls....that's my perspective anyway.

Agreed,
As has been said "hurt people, hurt people".

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God commands that we love others as He loves us.

-Gods unconditional love. How many times do we sin against God and He forgives us our transgressions against Him? Psalm 103:12- He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. Isaiah 43:25- I, yes I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake and remembers your sins no more.

God's love is not unconditional, any relationship God has with man is in an agreement. a covenant is an agreement hence condition or conditions. also you should know commandments are a covenant in God's eyes.

Exo_34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

and Jesus Christ is the everlasting covenant between God and man that fulfilled all previous covenants. agreements are conditions so its miss leading and detrimental and contrary to the Truth of God to say God's love is unconditional.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's love is not unconditional, any relationship God has with man is in an agreement. a covenant is an agreement hence condition or conditions. also you should know commandments are a covenant in God's eyes.

Exo_34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

and Jesus Christ is the everlasting covenant between God and man that fulfilled all previous covenants. agreements are conditions so its miss leading and detrimental and contrary to the Truth of God to say God's love is unconditional.
Prove that from Jesus or the Apostles from the New Testament.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prove that from Jesus or the Apostles from the New Testament.
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love." - Jhn 15:10

"you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments." - Exo. 20:5-6

The OT and NT are consistent on the fact that receiving God's love is conditional on a person upholding their end of the covenant by keeping His commandments. God's love being unmerited and something that can't be earned doesn't mean He is obligated to show that love to people who refuse to keep His commandments. A lot of people erroneously believe they receive God's forgiveness because of the idea that God is obligated to love them no matter how contrary their lifestyles or beliefs are to the Bible, and it simply doesn't work that way.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love." - Jhn 15:10

"you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments." - Exo. 20:5-6

The OT and NT are consistent on the fact that receiving God's love is conditional on a person upholding their end of the covenant by keeping His commandments. God's love being unmerited and something that can't be earned doesn't mean He is obligated to show that love to people who refuse to keep His commandments. A lot of people erroneously believe they receive God's forgiveness because of the idea that God is obligated to love them no matter how contrary their lifestyles or beliefs are to the Bible, and it simply doesn't work that way.
Did you obey all the commands at the time you were saved ?

Did you experience and know the love of God at salvation ?