love is likeness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John stated God is love, but in what context did he say so, considering he was a undisputed “Beloved” of Christ Jesus?

Actually, love is likeness, and what John said supports that the essence of love is likeness. Which would include image, or even image of likeness.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, love is likeness, and what John said supports that the essence of love is likeness. Which would include image, or even image of likeness.

Could you explain this please.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
John stated God is love, but in what context did he say so, considering he was a undisputed “Beloved” of Christ Jesus?

Hi there. I will go with you on this one. Realized a long time ago, that when it says in Genesis that God created man in His own image, in His own likeness, He wasn't talking about ANY physical attributes. He created him to BE like Hi and to do things the same way , just the same as God did. It does reveal to us that God, now our Father, IS Love, NOT has love but IS. He is the very source of everything, and it was Love that started it all of to begin with.... So cool !

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi there. I will go with you on this one. Realized a long time ago, that when it says in Genesis that God created man in His own image, in His own likeness, He wasn't talking about ANY physical attributes. He created him to BE like Hi and to do things the same way , just the same as God did. It does reveal to us that God, now our Father, IS Love, NOT has love but IS. He is the very source of everything, and it was Love that started it all of to begin with.... So cool !

Amen...that I can understand...Like Job, I didn't quite understand the OP.

I agree, He created us to be a reflection of Himself. Only Jesus has done it perfectly, and has always been the 'out-raying' of God's glory. Which is what it says in Heb 1
3 "Who being the brightness- [ out-raying..expression of the glory of God out-raying or radiance of the Divine, the perfect imprint of The Father]
-of his glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high".

Yes...God IS Love...and we are called to be so..."Love God , Love neighbour." On this hangs everything ....

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could you explain this please.

well my friend, what does God do with that which is contrary to Himself? as not like Himself. He made Satan and Satan was removed from His Presence how did Jesus say it? like a bolt of lightening, I wouldn't call that love would you? but on the other hand, what does He do with that which is like unto Himself? doesn't He surround Himself with that which is like unto Himself in His sight? His Son like Him sits at His Right Hand, correct?

it is even in our own nature to love what is like unto ourselves, birds of a feather you know, people of like mind so on and so forth.

hence groups of people are deceived by the love that is based on likeness, or the image the public loves, politicians play that roll all the time.

even image of, all most all Americans love the world that is in their own image. and are angry when it is not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Armadillo

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well my friend, what does God do with that which is contrary to Himself? as not like Himself. He made Satan and Satan was removed from His Presence how did Jesus say it? like a bolt of lightening, I wouldn't call that love would you? but on the other hand, what does He do with that which is like unto Himself? doesn't He surround Himself with that which is like unto Himself in His sight? His Son like Him sits at His Right Hand, correct?

it is even in our own nature to love what is like unto ourselves, birds of a feather you know, people of like mind so on and so forth.

hence groups of people are deceived by the love that is based on likeness, or the image the public loves, politicians play that roll all the time.

even image of, all most all Americans love the world that is in their own image. and are angry when it is not.

Ok.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen...that I can understand...Like Job, I didn't quite understand the OP.

I agree, He created us to be a reflection of Himself. Only Jesus has done it perfectly, and has always been the 'out-raying' of God's glory. Which is what it says in Heb 1
3 "Who being the brightness- [ out-raying..expression of the glory of God out-raying or radiance of the Divine, the perfect imprint of The Father]
-of his glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high".

Yes...God IS Love...and we are called to be so..."Love God , Love neighbour." On this hangs everything ....
Hi ByGrace......Yes, yes, thank you ( when you added that Jesus being the only one to wholly reflect that Glory of God )... So good ! :) Everything you wrote here, wonderful....

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Job....May I ask you, did you really just say ok to what DPMartin said because you agreed, or because you couldn't see a way in there? He forgot to mention it was Lucifer and those of the angels, who made a pact and went into the human women, thus corrupting the human race, even more than it already had been. Then ( Enoch writes about this ) Then when they realized the extent of their mistake, they petitioned Enoch to go beg God for their forgiveness, to intercede on their behalf, to which God said, that they should be the ones petitioning on behalf of humans. It mentions also in the new Testament, that they were punished because they didn't remain in their appointed 'place' ( and position perhaps?). Gods love is for mankind, who is able (and hopefully willing ) to truly love Him back. The Angels are different. Those who came to the earth, did untold damage to parts of the human race, I suspect even in their DNA, and after they were totally banished, they just became wanton destroyers of humans and all things human, never wanting us to become in the likeness of our Father, and they are doing a 'MARVELLOUS' job of that aren't they, tricking most of us a lot of the time, to get in agreement with them instead of God. I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Do you mind?

Reactions: Armadillo

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, so let me guess? You're not up to sharing ?

No it's not that. I asked a question and got answered with questions. That pretty much turned me off to this topic. You guys have a good time. I'm outta here.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No it's not that. I asked a question and got answered with questions. That pretty much turned me off to this topic. You guys have a good time. I'm outta here.
Did you answer me with a question, sorry I didn't see that.. Ok I'll leave you be. I am actually interested in what you have to say, which is why I have persisted. But it's ok......

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you answer me with a question, sorry I didn't see that.. Ok I'll leave you be. I am actually interested in what you have to say, which is why I have persisted. But it's ok......

You have nothing to be sorry for, it had nothing to do with you. I have the attention span of gnat and I simply lost interest in the topic.

My bad, not yours.

Reactions: pia