Love Other's Through The Love of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Leviman

Aug 14, 2012
Sometimes we may find it hard to love others when man can be so violent and evil to each other. I myself have questioned do I really love my neighbour just as Jesus told us to do. But remember before Jesus told us to love our neighbour He told us to love God.

Through the love for God does one come to love their neighbours, strangers and enemies more easier. The love of God acts as a solid foundation when it comes to the love of others because you do not love to please yourself or the person you are loving, but only to please and show love to God and Jesus.

For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I seeking to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I should not be a servant of Christ. -- Gal 10

God Bless :)

rand

Sep 10, 2012
We love Him because He first loved us. The more we realize the love He has for us, the more we will fall in love with Him. The more we are in love with Him, the more we care about what matters to Him.

A new-born baby will never love us the way we love them, this will never really happen until they reach full maturity. But that doesn't make us love them any less.

One time I flat out told God that I did love Him, but it wasn't with this overwhelming love that I just had to have more of Him. I wasn't truly in love with Him, but that I wanted to be. I asked Him to show me how. OVer the next year, you know what He gave me? Grace. It changed everything. I no longer am Simon sitting across the table from Jesus, but I'm the woman (in real life, I'm a man) there who knew there was no good thing in her except for Jesus Himself. Focus more on His love for you than you focus on your love for Him. That way your love won't be rehearsed and works-based. It will be true.

Leviman

Aug 14, 2012
I agree with you Rand, realizing the love God has for us and the graces He grants to all his creatures every single day of our existence helps to build up the love of God within our heart where is it true.