Love who?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read it for yourself, the Lord Jesus says to love your enemies, nothing about God’s enemies here.

Mt:5:43: Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44: But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45: That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46: For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47: And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48: Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

The Lord God has allowed countless generations of countless men and women that had no thought toward Him succeed, be rich and powerful in the things of the world, make their own gods, so on and so forth, how is it that He treats them as though they should die and suffer?

Besides it can’t be our job to hate the sinner in the Ministry of Grace, because Jesus came to deliver the sinner from his soul’s demise because of sin just as He has done for us.

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
So does God love those He is torturing in hell? Is that a "tough love" kinda thing? We are told to forgive 70 x 7, whether or not they ask for it. But with God He demands we ask for it or else He doesn't forgive. Isn't this a double-standard? Sounds like God demands from us more than He is willing to do Himself?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
lukethreesix are you a Christian??? Are you really trying [by your own efforts I may add] to get everyone out of hell by assuming that God has double standards if he does not give those who are in hell a chance to be redeemed even though they may have had many chances while on earth but chose to ignore God knocking at their door because they would rather have the luxuries of this life [although fleeting] rather than eternal life which was purchased for them on the cross??? :huh:

Sounds like God demands from us more than He is willing to do Himself?
Would you sacrifice your only son for a bunch of people who do not even like you???

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Angelina said:
lukethreesix are you a Christian??? Are you really trying [by your own efforts I may add] to get everyone out of hell by assuming that God has double standards if he does not give those who are in hell a chance to be redeemed even though they may have had many chances while on earth but chose to ignore God knocking at their door because they would rather have the luxuries of this life [although fleeting] rather than eternal life which was purchased for them on the cross??? :huh:

Would you sacrifice your only son for a bunch of people who do not even like you???
I don't think it's right to question whether Lukethreesix is a Christian. Although we haven't spoken, from what I have gathered from the posts here she or he is a Christian. I don't know if this has happened to you personally, but from my experience it does hurt when someone accuses you of not being a Christian. He or she is simply asking a question that she or he had, and since this is a Christian forum where we should be able to discuss these things without judgement, it's not polite.

And she/he does raise a good question, why would He allow people who He loves to be tortured?

It's a question I have had, but just haven't asked yet. I'm trying to space my posts out a bit.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you are not a Christian then you are in the wrong forum area. There is actually a forum area specifically designed for non believers and those of other faiths. If lukethreesix has an issue with me asking such a question [as a forum mod] then please let him step up to the plate and answer for himself. :)

Bless ya!

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Angelina said:
If you are not a Christian then you are in the wrong forum area. There is actually a forum area specifically designed for non believers and those of other faiths.

Based on this it shows that you didn't read what I had typed. If I was not a Christian, it would not hurt me for someone to tell me that I am not one. I see that you have recently been promoted, so you've probably gotten a lot more responsibility on this site, which may cause you to not fully read what is being said. I know that we all have lives outside of this forum so we may rush things, but just for the record, I am a Christian.

If lukethreesix has an issue with me asking such a question [as a forum mod] then please let him step up to the plate and answer for himself. :)

Sorry, it's just feels wrong whenever I feel like somone is being rude to another. I usually don't get involved, but since you are one of the people who are supposed to be monitoring this site I feel like you should be more considerate towards others. I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job, I just felt like you were being rude and I would feel bad afterwords if I hadn't said anything. I'm sure that was not your intent, but that's how I read it on my end. Maybe Lukethreesix wasn't at all upset about this, but I personally would not have felt right if I hadn't tried to help him or her out. I still wonder if I should help out others on this site when people become rude during a debate. I just know that from personal experience, it hurts when people say this, so I was trying to be a good person and stick up for someone else who was in the same situation I have been it.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
...and you have not been following the posts so far. You have a right to your opinion but that is all it is, an opinion. You do not know me or why I ask some members this question. I am a member of the forum but I am also a mod and as such I am doing what I have been called to do. I am sorry that you have had bad personal experiences with others calling you out about your position as a believer but this is nowhere in the vicinity of where we are heading on this thread. Thanks for the heads up though! ;)

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
I am a follower of Jesus/Yahweh, the God of the Bible. I am a "he", not that it matters and yes, I am ready to step up to the plate and answer any questions...

I do not fear questions, nor do I fear asking questions. My faith in God is based on asking questions and finding answers. And one BIG question I have is, Why would God ask us to do something He is not willing to do? My God leads me by example and would not tell me to do something He wouldn't. If I am to endlessly forgive and love people who wrong me and hate me, then God to will also endlessly forgive those who have wronged Him.
...and if He does give people "a chance" then toss them in the garbage, then I too should only give people a chance then toss them in to the garbage.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
James 4:11-17
(NIV)

[SIZE=.75em]11 [/SIZE]Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

Psalm 11:5
The Lord tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence.

Psalm 5:5
The boastful shall not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
People please don't jump on the bandwagon of something that began on other threads. You have no idea what is really being discussed...

snr5557 - I have not just recently being promoted. Please check the thread date of the O/P. Thank you

lukethreesix, you are welcome to put forth your opinions on any subject however, you are promoting UR which is not a doctrine that is strongly upheld here. I only hope that is this not going to become a circular debate. ;)

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Angelina said:
People please don't jump on the bandwagon of something that began on other threads. You have no idea what is really being discussed...
who me?
I thought I was answering the question.

lukethreesix

Jan 11, 2014
I'm sure you will put an end to this thread too Angelina, but before you do, can you answer this question...Why would God ask us to do something He is not willing to do?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Oh sorry Madad21,
I'm a little tired out from work...but promise to try and concentrate ;)

Why would God ask us to do something He is not willing to do?
God requires us to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us. This is what Jesus said... The same Jesus that went to the cross for those who were still sinners. Not those residing in hell/hades but in the flesh.

Those who are in hades God will judge. How do you know that those who are in hades right now, did not have the gospel preached to them before their life was required of them? Does God know everything? even the thoughts of man? Do you think that he gave these souls no way of escaping hell while living in the flesh? That does not sound like the God I know.

Bless you!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Its cool I think i see where you got me wrong

James 4:11-17
(NIV)

[SIZE=.75em]11 [/SIZE]Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

Referring in answer to Likethreesix's question "If God hates His enemies, why should we love them? "
Being that, only God can judge.

I should have explained that better.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
lukethreesix said:
Jesus said, Judge for yourselves what is right.
whats your context for this?
this scripture is about settling differences between each other before it goes to court.
In the same way a sinner needs to get right with God or they will perish if they wait to Judgement day.

Read the text carefully you will see what I mean.

Luke 12:57-59
New International Version (NIV)

[SIZE=.75em]57 [/SIZE]“Why don’t you judge for yourselves what is right? [SIZE=.75em]58 [/SIZE]As you are going with your adversary to the magistrate, try hard to be reconciled on the way, or your adversary may drag you off to the judge, and the judge turn you over to the officer, and the officer throw you into prison. [SIZE=.75em]59 [/SIZE]I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.”