Love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi. I'm just wondering about something. Why people like to use the "love" thing a lot? I mean I know the principality is to love and that all prophecies and knowledge will cease but don't you think people should learn a bit of things about this world and whole religion thing? Before prophecies and knowledge do cease, wouldn't love be more genuine if we learned the real truth and meaning behind it. I bet people reject knowledge because they don't like the truth and don't care to hear it. It seems like all the same stuff. They just use the love message to get away with everything in between to get away with it and take advantage of the Lord and keep knowledge, oh my bad I'm sorry, keep the 'truth' out of it., but I think we should also keep a good head on our shoulders since most people can't be trusted and probably are not really genuine. I mean it's one thing to love something and know another not to know anything about it at all. We can't love others without loving the Lord first because to love someone genuinely we must know the Lord first, we must have knowledge of him and his character. Isn't Jesus the way, the truth and life? So how can we love others genuinely without the truth in us first? How can we love our neighbor before loving God and getting to know him first. That would not be true love because our hearts will not be built on Jesus heart and his love. Isnt the greatest commandment was to love God with all our hearts souls and mind and to do it with all our strength because while we aren't perfect and our love can fail , his love never fails and he will never forsake us. And that the second was like it to love and treat others how we want to be loved and treated yet when I look at this world I see how creation loves thier own creation more then the Lord. It seems they pay attention to the second commandment more then the first commandment. I mean I can't see through people hearts and I'm not God but I'm not that far off either. I think people use the "love" message a lot is because they want to have thier way and not be under anyone authority, like as long as we love we don't have to follow no rule or anything. And that love triumphs over obeying the Lord more. And I'm not trying to judge homosexuals or anyone now but it's like being a homosexual and saying as long as we are loving we can be homosexual or like as long as I'm doing this or that or whatever thing and as long as I'm loving people God will not care and still accept me and the things I do. Etc. I mean is that what's going on here? People using that against the Lord to soften so his heart so he overlook these matters? It's like that famous quote " kill em with kindness" , how people use that to make themselves appear macho and strong, I mean I'm not saying we should not love anyone and that it is not the true principle of God but what happens when that love is tested and half the world find themselves in guilt and that they never really knew the Lord? Or get hurt or something? Huh? Love does not contradict itself, I think love is a unity where no part of it is missing so we can't subtract from love and we most definitely can't leave the Lord out and not have him in all our thoughts and then go do some kind thing and love our neighbor because that's not genuine love. It just seems like people trying to earn the approval of men more then the approval of the Lord because if they really love the Lord they would love him and confess him in thier mouth. And I hardly here the name of Jesus or God in most of these people months..I don't here him being appreciated much or anything...you know? Like they confess kindness and love but leave Jesus name out. But when our neighbor forsake us and hurt us and all things fail they want to cry and complain for all life's answers. What happens to the Lord after that? Whats up with that cause I'm confused.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jenniferdiana3637

It would seem that Jesus agrees with you...

"For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matt 5:46-48

But before Jesus said those words, he said these:

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." Matt 5:4-45

Reactions: Jenniferdiana3637