Lovest Thou Me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. - John 21:15.

Temptation and the pulls of the flesh, body pulls are all part of the love affair. Could God take away all the pulls of the flesh a individual has? I suppose he could. He could have fixed you up in soul as he did in spirit, but where would the love come in. If you think about it - unless you just live by law that says I shouldn't do this or shouldn't do that because God said in the law if you do this then this is what I will do - good or bad.

Think about it..that is not love. That is obeying the law or trying to. In grace a believer keeps himself because they love God more than himself. That is where love comes in - do you love me more than you love yourself, not just because you feel like you can get away with something. That is not love - to take your mind and do whatever you think you want. You don't get away with that in grace anyway. The only reason people label grace as believers living however they want is; because they do not understand grace.

The grace of God is beyond measure. The grace of God is placing a believing sinner in Christ and give them time to learn something about it. Grace is the father birthing human beings that have known nothing but sin, and allowing them to learn their salvation, and work out their salvation with fear and trembling. That is grace in a nut shell - not believers that would see what sin they can get away with - that is called 'lack of love' for our father and Christ in us!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lovest Thou Me
hmmm, yeahhhh....I reckon you've got salvageable qualities.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 21:15
---
You can have better understanding/insight..
- in the context/passage of 'John 21:15-17'.
It is about Peter's love for Jesus and the service/task Peter would do
for Jesus...'because of that love'.
---
This lesson is also for..
- Those who are called to ministry task/assignment.

Reactions: soul man