Luke 1:43

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office… - Romans 11:13

If the Apostle Paul was declared the Apostle of the Gentiles why did he not refer the first time to a queen in heaven or a Virgin Mary?
Also it is written in scripture that God is married to Israel....and Christ will be married to the church.
Mary is not God's wife.
“Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:”
— Jeremiah 3:14 (KJV)

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite a few of Rome's doctrines are built upon what's called allusions;
defined by Websters as a statement that refers to something without
mentioning it directly

An allusion is not quite the same as an illusion; which is something that is
false or not real but that seems to be true or real, viz: a trick of the mind
and/or eye, i.e. intellectually deceptive or misleading. (cf. Eph 4:11-14)

For example, the doctrine of purgatory is based upon passages in the Bible
that don't really speak of it clearly, conclusively, and without ambiguity so
Rome has gathered together passages that-- while they don't actually speak
of a purgatory --they suggest the existence of a purgatory.

The passages that theefaith quotes to support the Church's claim of Mary's
immaculate conception fall into the allusion category; in other words: they
can be utilized to suggest the possibility that Mary was conceived
immaculately while not actually stating it so.

In the long run, allusions are damaging because they deceive unsuspecting
souls into believing misinformation that's not easily corrected; for example
theefaith's undying trust in the Douay Rheims/Confraternity version of Luke
1:28 which has been obsolete for nigh unto 51 years, replaced by
Catholicism's new translation which stopped saying that Mary was full of
grace.

A number of senior Catholics are stubbornly reluctant to let go the Church's
old translation but they pretty much have to because the new one is the
result of better scholarship, fully approved by nihil obstat and imprimatur,
and in common use for the Mass.
_

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The LORD YEHOVAH is my SAVIOR and i am HIS witness unto all HE leads me to, even unto the ends of the earth.

If, the FATHER draws you, you will know YEHOVAH the SAVIOR who died and rose again.

Jehovah did not die and raise again sir, it was His son Jesus who did (Yeshua)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does this verse refer to GOD?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

Yes it does Faith, although it was not personally delivered by Jehovah Himself. In context it referred to the angel Jehovah sent to speak to Mary, who represented Jehovah.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t even like to mention his name

Interestingly sir, his name is unknown to us, he is always referred to us by descriptive terms. I used to think satan was his name as well, and the devil was what he was, but with his sin he was called satan from that point on as it means resister

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholicism sometimes attempts to validate itself by claiming it dates all the
way back to Christ. But antiquity is no guarantee that a particular belief
system is valid; because even while the apostles were still alive, even in
their very own day, people professing to follow Christ were already starting
deviant sects, i.e. spin-offs. (e.g. Gal 1:6-9, 2Tim 2:15-18, 1John 2:18-19,
and Jud 1:17-19)
_

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One can choose what to believe and what not to believe in Gods' Word. One can believe 'embellishments' to His Word as well, if they choose.

Let's look at the word 'rock' as used in the Bible. It's used in a total of 119 times in 106 verses in the KJV. In every occurrence, except ONE (according to the Roman Catholic Church) the word 'rock' is used to denote, in the physical sense, a very large stone, mountain, etc; or, spiritually, it refers to God (aka Lord in the OT) or Jesus in the NT. Here's a few of the 106 verses -

Old Testament -
Exodus 17:6 Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel.
Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
2 Samuel 22:2 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
2 Samuel 22:3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
Psalms 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalms 31:3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
Psalms 62:2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

New Testament
Matthew 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Matthew 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. (all quotes from the KJV, underlining mine)

That one exception? Matthew 16:18, of course...

Mathew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (KJV)

One has to ask: why would God deviate from the 105 other verses that use Rock to describe a physical rock or God? The Roman Catholic Church claims that 'the church' referenced here is the RCC and Peter was its beginning. If that were true, what about the rest of the verse? and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Funny, it would seem that Satan got a 'piece' of Peter not long thereafter -

Matthew 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
Mark 8:33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.
Luke 4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. (KJV)

Read Matthew 25:1-13
Now tell me that Jesus was somehow equating Peter to Himself or God the Father!

Concerning idolatry -

Galatians 5:19-21 (KJV)
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

It's easy to zip right past the word 'adultery' as fornication is a part of adjutery. Some Bible translations water down verse 19 by removing the reference to adultery. But consider this: not only is the use of adultery referring to marital adultery, but also spiritual adultery as well! Wouldn't the 'deification' of Mary by the RCC constitute spiritual adultery? What about the 2nd commandment?

Exodus 20:4-5 (KJV)
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Mary is in heaven, right? Why ISN'T all the statues and 'shrines' of Mary NOT spiritual adultery?

Now throw in Pope Francis' actively 'joining' with Muslims to form a 'new' religion? What about his pointing Catholics to worship 'Mother Earth' in recent years as well?

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. (KJV) (underlining mine)

To paraphrase Joshua: but as for me and my house, we will believe Gods' Word!

I rejoice in your estimation of connecting idolatry to committing adultery against the LORD since His Body is His Bride and we who know Him would be committing adultery if we were to worship any other person or thing, on earth or in heaven.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah did not die and raise again sir, it was His son Jesus who did (Yeshua)

Your estimation is based upon the heresies of the Watchtower group and not upon the Scripture.

Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?”
So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interestingly sir, his name is unknown to us, he is always referred to us by descriptive terms. I used to think satan was his name as well, and the devil was what he was, but with his sin he was called satan from that point on as it means resister

Your statement: "Interestingly sir, his name is unknown to us,"

This is a lie that comes from the spirit of error which you have embraced.

The Scripture cannot lie = Elohim gave to us His Name and commanded us to obediently address HIM by HIS Name.

You are breaking the First and Second Commandments:

Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him, “Which is the first commandment of all?”

Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment.
And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
Mark 12:29-31

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary is the mother of God!

Lk 1:43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Lk 1:26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

so the Lord is the Lord God almighty!

Proving the divinity of Jesus Christ!

Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the glory of God and Christ, co Mary and the saints are what God made them, it is His handiwork (Lk 1:49 Lk 1:28) and the graces they have come from the merits of Christ’s passion and death

Likewise an Attack on Mary and the saints, or the authority of the apostles or the church or rejection of such doctrines is and attack on God and on Christ!
Acts 9:4 Eph 5:32
Jesus is God, and Mary is the mother of the human flesh Jesus incarnated into, but is not the mother of God.

God has no mommy. God was not created in Mary’s womb. God the word already existed eternally before He was made flesh and dwelt among us.

Thus to keep foolish mortals from committing idolatry, and confusing being the mother of Jesus with being the mother of God, the Bible only refers to Mary as the mother of Jesus.

I prefer to avoid Maryolatry.

And Gods not in favor of it, either.

Shalom

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mary was never a sinner, but has her son as her savior

prayer is not forbidden or idolatry

Prayer and worship to anything or anyone other then the Lord Jesus Christ is forbidden, and is idolatry.

In Luke 1:45 we find these Three Eternal Truths.

#1 The LORD spoke.
#2 The LORD is the ONE who performed the Work = see Hebrews 10:1-7
#3 Mary, like Rahab the harlot, both believed the Word of God and were both blessed the SAME = with Salvation.

***** Rahab and Mary are recorded in the lineage of Christ *****

Rahab, the harlot, is mentioned in the Hall of Faith = Hebrews 11

Do you know who is not mentioned in the Hall of Faith??? - Mary

Mary was blessed just as much as everyone whom God calls and Christ Redeems by His Blood and fills with His Holy Spirit.
If you worship or pray to Mary, you disqualify yourself from the Household of God.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer and worship to anything or anyone other then the Lord Jesus Christ is forbidden, and is idolatry.

In Luke 1:45 we find these Three Eternal Truths.

#1 The LORD spoke.
#2 The LORD is the ONE who performed the Work = see Hebrews 10:1-7
#3 Mary, like Rahab the harlot, both believed the Word of God and were both blessed the SAME = with Salvation.

***** Rahab and Mary are recorded in the lineage of Christ *****

Rahab, the harlot, is mentioned in the Hall of Faith = Hebrews 11

Do you know who is not mentioned in the Hall of Faith??? - Mary

Mary was blessed just as much as everyone whom God calls and Christ Redeems by His Blood and fills with His Holy Spirit.
If you worship or pray to Mary, you disqualify yourself from the Household of God.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your estimation is based upon the heresies of the Watchtower group and not upon the Scripture.

Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?”
So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.

You got it Dave, Jesus pointed to his God being the one that is good, not himself. But of course Jesus was good, he was the greatest man who ever lived, but he really was relaying that all good comes from the originator of good, his God Jehovah.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your statement: "Interestingly sir, his name is unknown to us,"

This is a lie that comes from the spirit of error which you have embraced.

The Scripture cannot lie = Elohim gave to us His Name and commanded us to obediently address HIM by HIS Name.

You are breaking the First and Second Commandments:

Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him, “Which is the first commandment of all?”

Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment.
And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
Mark 12:29-31

Were you not referring to satan sir? I apologize if I misunderstood. Jehovah's name is well known, and has been made known throughout the earth Ex 9:16 Jn 17:26

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got it Dave, Jesus pointed to his God being the one that is good, not himself. But of course Jesus was good, he was the greatest man who ever lived, but he really was relaying that all good comes from the originator of good, his God Jehovah.
And Jesus calls Himself good in other scripture.

Mat 20:15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

The reason Jesus said that was because they called him only a good teacher, when He is divinity, and he wanted them to realize that he’s much more than a good teacher.

Jesus says only God is good - Jesus says He is good.

Do the math.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If Yeshua is Good then HE is God for only One is Good = GOD.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were you not referring to satan sir? I apologize if I misunderstood. Jehovah's name is well known, and has been made known throughout the earth Ex 9:16 Jn 17:26

Yes, you do misunderstand and reject the Truth.

You break the First and Second Commandments by following a false god.

You reject Yehovah and falsely claim to know Him.

Elohim gave a commandment to us concerning His Name.

Repent and submit unto God and the devil will flee from you.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you do misunderstand and reject the Truth.

You break the First and Second Commandments by following a false god.

You reject Yehovah and falsely claim to know Him.

Elohim gave a commandment to us concerning His Name.

Repent and submit unto God and the devil will flee from you.
So you refer to God ONLY by the name of I AM?

Exo 3:13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Exo 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you refer to God ONLY by the name of I AM?

Exo 3:13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Exo 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Exo 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is My Name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.[/QUOTE]

HIS Name is Elohim Abraham Elohim Isaac Elohim Jacob = this is My Name forever,

ELOHIM has THREE Names for HE is ELOHIM FATHER ELOHIM SON and ELOHIM HOLY SPIRIT

And these THREE are ETERNAL and from Genesis to Revelation

Read and study the Gospel of John and pray for the Holy Spirit

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jesus calls Himself good in other scripture.

Mat 20:15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

The reason Jesus said that was because they called him only a good teacher, when He is divinity, and he wanted them to realize that he’s much more than a good teacher.

Jesus says only God is good - Jesus says He is good.

Do the math.

I fully agree that Jesus is good, in fact the greatest man who ever lived. That is why I explained the seeming contradiction you have pointed to, there was a reason why Jesus said that.