Luke 1:43

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully agree that Jesus is good, in fact the greatest man who ever lived. That is why I explained the seeming contradiction you have pointed to, there was a reason why Jesus said that.

YES, there was. Until you know that reason and what it means in Spirit and Truth = you will never know Him.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One can choose what to believe and what not to believe in Gods' Word. One can believe 'embellishments' to His Word as well, if they choose.

Let's look at the word 'rock' as used in the Bible. It's used in a total of 119 times in 106 verses in the KJV. In every occurrence, except ONE (according to the Roman Catholic Church) the word 'rock' is used to denote, in the physical sense, a very large stone, mountain, etc; or, spiritually, it refers to God (aka Lord in the OT) or Jesus in the NT. Here's a few of the 106 verses -

Old Testament -
Exodus 17:6 Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel.
Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
2 Samuel 22:2 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
2 Samuel 22:3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
Psalms 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalms 31:3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
Psalms 62:2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

New Testament
Matthew 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Matthew 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. (all quotes from the KJV, underlining mine)

That one exception? Matthew 16:18, of course...

Mathew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (KJV)

One has to ask: why would God deviate from the 105 other verses that use Rock to describe a physical rock or God? The Roman Catholic Church claims that 'the church' referenced here is the RCC and Peter was its beginning. If that were true, what about the rest of the verse? and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Funny, it would seem that Satan got a 'piece' of Peter not long thereafter -

Matthew 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
Mark 8:33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.
Luke 4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. (KJV)

Now tell me that Jesus was somehow equating Peter to Himself or God the Father!

Concerning idolatry -

Galatians 5:19-21 (KJV)
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

It's easy to zip right past the word 'adultery' as fornication is a part of adjutery. Some Bible translations water down verse 19 by removing the reference to adultery. But consider this: not only is the use of adultery referring to marital adultery, but also spiritual adultery as well! Wouldn't the 'deification' of Mary by the RCC constitute spiritual adultery? What about the 2nd commandment?

Exodus 20:4-5 (KJV)
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Mary is in heaven, right? Why ISN'T all the statues and 'shrines' of Mary NOT spiritual adultery?

Now throw in Pope Francis' actively 'joining' with Muslims to form a 'new' religion? What about his pointing Catholics to worship 'Mother Earth' in recent years as well?

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. (KJV) (underlining mine)

To paraphrase Joshua: but as for me and my house, we will believe Gods' Word!

Jesus does equate peter to himself

Peter is already administering the kingdom

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as mediator

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

Why is the name of peter even mentioned?

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom?

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office… - Romans 11:13

If the Apostle Paul was declared the Apostle of the Gentiles why did he not refer the first time to a queen in heaven or a Virgin Mary?

Christ must be taught first

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus does equate peter to himself

Peter is already administering the kingdom

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as mediator

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

Why is the name of peter even mentioned?

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom?

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

You said: "Peter is already administering the kingdom- Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as mediator-It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!"

More roman catholic heresy and idolatry.

His Seed identifies with HIM and not vice versa.

The Administrator of His Church is CHRIST and CHRIST ALone.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
And JESUS is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
For in CHRIST dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

the roman catholic church is a den of vipers and deceit = flee from her and run to CHRIST.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it does Faith, although it was not personally delivered by Jehovah Himself. In context it referred to the angel Jehovah sent to speak to Mary, who represented Jehovah.

Then the Lord is God do Jesus is the Lord and Jesus is God

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is God, and Mary is the mother of the human flesh Jesus incarnated into, but is not the mother of God.

God has no mommy. God was not created in Mary’s womb. God the word already existed eternally before He was made flesh and dwelt among us.

Thus to keep foolish mortals from committing idolatry, and confusing being the mother of Jesus with being the mother of God, the Bible only refers to Mary as the mother of Jesus.

I prefer to avoid Maryolatry.

And Gods not in favor of it, either.

Shalom
Did I say mother of the divinity?
No
But if you admit Jesus is God Mary must be mother of God, cos she’s the mother of the person of Christ

and if Jesus is king Mary is queen
If Jesus is our salvation Lk 2:30 Mary is the mother of our salvation
Mother of our savior
Mother of the word
Mother of all Christians
Mary help of Christians pray for us is an ancient prayer

you say mother of Jesus but that make her mother of our salvation cos Jesus means salvation

Matt 1:21

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Nation on earth gave birth to the Promised Seed?
The same woman as gen 3:15 Mary the mother of God
Can’t be israel
Notice the woman is the adversary of Satan
Gen 3:15 adversary enmity total war none of his works are in Mary
But israel and the high priest and Sanhedrin were in union with Satan in killing Christ
Crucify him crucify
Etc.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said: "Peter is already administering the kingdom- Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as mediator-It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!"

More roman catholic heresy and idolatry.

His Seed identifies with HIM and not vice versa.

The Administrator of His Church is CHRIST and CHRIST ALone.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
And JESUS is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
For in CHRIST dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

the roman catholic church is a den of vipers and deceit = flee from her and run to CHRIST.

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:

explain Isa 22:21-22 and Matt 16:18-19 please

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same woman as gen 3:15 Mary the mother of God
Can’t be israel
Notice the woman is the adversary of Satan
Gen 3:15 adversary enmity total war none of his works are in Mary
But israel and the high priest and Sanhedrin were in union with Satan in killing Christ
Crucify him crucify
Etc.

It can't be Mary - that is certain.

It is Israel - that is certain = only Israel contains the Twelve Tribes (stars) and clothed in the sun = Christ's Covering.
Moon under her feet = Old Testament Law

This is who She is = Romans ch9

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:

explain Isa 22:21-22 and Matt 16:18-19 please

Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

#1 - The Rock is Christ - not Peter
#2 - The keys to bind and loose are given to those in Christ who are filled with His Holy Spirit, while on earth - only while on earth. These keys are for spiritual warfare against evil, here on earth, in this realm.

After a Believer in Christ dies and goes to Heaven, they are no longer involved in the affairs on earth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It can't be Mary - that is certain.

It is Israel - that is certain = only Israel contains the Twelve Tribes (stars) and clothed in the sun = Christ's Covering.
Moon under her feet = Old Testament Law

This is who She is = Romans ch9

since when did the children of israel ever keep the commandments or have the testimony of Jesus
No it’s Mary and these are her spiritual children rev 12:7

the child says Mary
The adversary say Mary
The offspring say Mary

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
since when did the children of israel ever keep the commandments or have the testimony of Jesus
No it’s Mary and these are her spiritual children rev 12:7

the child says Mary
The adversary say Mary
The offspring say Mary

Neither did Mary keep the commandments of God - ALL have sinned.

You need to be born-again by the Spirit. You are bound in sin under the roman catholic false church.

You must make a choice to save your soul for all eternity.

Christ and nothing else or your religion = God will never accept you with religion as your faith.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither did Mary keep the commandments of God - ALL have sinned.

You need to be born-again by the Spirit. You are bound in sin under the roman catholic false church.

You must make a choice to save your soul for all eternity.

Christ and nothing else or your religion = God will never accept you with religion as your faith.

I was born again at 16
16 days old TbTG

all have sinned
Is that absolute with no exceptions?
Or a generalization

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was born again at 16
16 days old TbTG

all have sinned
Is that absolute with no exceptions?
Or a generalization

ALL, absolute with only ONE Exception - CHRIST.

Now, you will say what about Mary...............................

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FAQ: I'm considering the Catholic religion. What do you think?

A: Before taking the plunge, I suggest taking time to think about a number
of liabilities associated with the Church.

Once someone is fully committed by completing First Holy Communion and
Confirmation and undergone Christian baptism --God will be holding them
accountable to comply with everything Rome teaches and stands for: the
Commandments, the Canon Law, the dogma, the rituals, the Traditions, the
Councils, the Bulls, the Encyclicals, the rites, the holy days of obligation, and
the entire Catechism; plus everything that Jesus and the apostles taught in
the New Testament, i.e. all four gospels and all twenty-one epistles, plus
Acts and Revelation.

That's a lot to remember, let alone put into practice.

And then there's the matter of mortal sin. When Catholics leave this life with
just one mortal sin on the books awaiting absolution, just one, they go
straight to Hell. It's a direct flight; no stopover in a Purgatory. Even if a
Catholic managed to be a top performer in faith and practice for fifty years,
none of that will be taken into consideration. They will leave this life as if
they'd been a pagan the whole time. Mortal sins are that lethal.

In addition; the Almighty isn't a political appointee like members of the
US Supreme Court, viz; He isn't biased towards the left or to the right, i.e.
the justice of God is fair across the board regardless of age, race, gender
and/or religious preference, so that joining the Church grants no one a
certain amount of special consideration. (Rom 2:6-11, and 1Pet 1:17)
_

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
good, but no crucifix in youre so called churches?

I had bought the black pacific pearls from a vendor in Nuka Hiva, French Polynesia for around $20. The pearls were great but the necklace rope itself was of poor quality and eventually broke. I bought a Catholic, "Gunmetal Military Rosary - WWI Service Combat Rosary" on EBay and had a local jeweler recreate the necklace. Turned out real nice! I am real pleased!

311209_2f0f7018575281c6f0c2abafb80f0214.jpg