Luke 21:36 is Not a Rapture Passage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the animals only took one day to enter, did they all just stand outside for 6 days and then entered on the 7th?

The point being made is they entered in on the first day, and then waited in the ark for 5 days and then on the 7th it started to rain.

The type is not about how literal one can get. Nothing happened during the intervening 5 days. Nothing zilch nada.

Either they were in the ark those 5 days, or just waiting outside for 5 days procrastinating in disobedience to God who told them to enter 7 days before the rain started.

For Amil who preach that Revelation is a series of repetitive angles of the same event, that point seems lost when interpreting Genesis 7. It seems God repeats this 7 day period at least 3 times in that chapter.

Should we point out God likes the number 3 as much as 7? There does not seem to be a single verse that indicates it took 6 days to enter the ark.

It also took about a hundred years to build the ark. God never said the Flood would happen in 100 years. God waited until the ark was finished and then gave a time frame of 7 days.

Why would the animals not have already been gathering and being prepared during those 100 years? Still not seeing any verses saying all the animals showed up at the last minute.

The 7 day countdown did not mean it took that long to enter. We don't even know when the ark was totally finished or if some animals were already on the Ark which would be as plausible as showing up at the last minute. Remember that in chapter 6, a hundred years prior, God already told Noah to prepare both an ark and the animals.

There was no separate command to build the ark and then after the ark was done to prepare the animals. It was a total 100% package, the ark and the animals. The point of chapter 7 was just getting into the ark 7 days before the rain started. Seems some claim it is a type, why argue against types placed in the Bible?

Post trib people may have been able to procraste and get on the Ark seconds before the door was shut.

But they won't be able to procrastinate at the Second Coming. Either they will leave with the church, or remain on the earth with Jesus and the angels during the final harvest. Some even claiming they can procrastinate all the way up until the 7 vials and the battle of Armageddon.

Now I don't see a 7 year nor a 7 day warning mentioned about the Second Coming in Scripture. I do see there is a 42 month warning that judgment comes at the end of those 42 months. But in Noah's day it was 8 people in a sea of billions. They had over 100 years to change their ways.

The ratio is different today. I don't see a 7 year period unless there were only 8 righteous people on the earth, and perhaps a hundred year warning. So not 7 days nor 7 years after the church is "on the ark" or in Paradise. But most miss the point that Jesus is on the earth with His angels during that period beteen getting on the Ark and the final judgment. We are not saving animals. We are saving souls. Jesus is still gathering His firstfruits for the Millennium. Those not destroyed at the end. But also not in the ark. Something we miss when we see people could have walked up during those 5 days. The loading of the animals would not have prevented that. The animals and those 8 souls were already on that first Day. The other 5 days were for lost souls about to die.
LOL! Fine, fine, all good. :) I believe the exact timing to be unimportant; frankly, I'm quite puzzled why it's such an issue to you (and others), unless you think there's some larger point to be made, some larger significance to this. The point is really that Noah did what the Lord commanded him to do, and then God did what He said He was going to do. Although we never see it in the text, I think we can say Noah was like Abram after him in that he believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness. Yes, Noah and his family and all the animals went into the ark before the rain started, as God commanded them to do.

There are some statements here that I'm curious about:

1. "Seems some claim it is a type, why argue against types placed in the Bible?" Is the "it" you're referring to here the ark? If so, I agree; I'm not sure who you mean "argues against types placed in the Bible." Noah's ark is a type/shadow of Jesus, our Savior.

2. "For Amil who preach that Revelation is a series of repetitive angles of the same event, that point seems lost when interpreting Genesis 7. It seems God repeats this 7 day period at least 3 times in that chapter." A curious statement. Uh... What??? :) What do you understand the "event" in Revelation being repeated from different angles? And how do you think that should be acknowledged rather than lost with regard to Genesis 7? You're statement here seems very non sequitur. We can leave it at this, but explain what you mean... if you like.

3. "Now I don't see a 7 year nor a 7 day warning mentioned about the Second Coming in Scripture." Neither do I, except that seven is a number signifying completion and completeness in the Bible, And 1,000, actually, and 10, and 12, and 3, all in various contexts. Three is a special one, obviously, because that's the number of Persons in the Godhead... and the number of days Jesus was in the tomb.

4. "...most miss the point that Jesus is on the earth with His angels during that period between getting on the Ark and the final judgment." This one is very, very interesting. Seems a very amillennialistic statement to me... :) Yes, God's Israel... Christ's Church... the elect... the body of Christ... all synonyms... are being gathered and built together (on the foundation of the prophets and apostles, with Christ as the cornerstone) into the temple over the course of the present age, the millennium of Revelation 20. And, this concept is applicable to Genesis 7, too; I still maintain (though, as I said, not really important) that over the course of the seven days between God's final command to Noah and the day the rains came, all the animals were loaded onto the ark, and finally Noah and his family entered, and the door was shut behind them. It's all very Biblically consistent, from Genesis to Revelation, and everywhere in between.

Grace and peace to you.

Reactions: David in NJ

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EXACTLY, 'pre-trib' rapture never came out of the Mouth of God = therefore you will never find one in the Bible!!!

Everytime someone says 'pre-trib' rapture is in the Bible they fail = whether intentional or thru ignorance it remains a error/lie.
Then how do you know it is from Satan? Just making stuff up?

According to Revelation 6, the Second Coming happens before the Great Tribulation.

So unless you have separated the rapture from the Second Coming, you are making stuff up either way.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you think John was?
I don't.

That is what they asked John.

You should pay attention to context.

"And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?"

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i only post what is "written" of the words of Truth = you guys add/project pre-trib to God's words what HE never said

If pre-trib rapture were True you would be able to find God saying it = but you can't AND no one ever has..............

To you, O men, I call,
And my voice is to the sons of men.
O you simple ones, understand prudence,
And you fools, be of an understanding heart.
Listen, for I will speak of excellent things,
And from the opening of my lips will come right things;
For my mouth will speak truth;
Wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
All the words of my mouth are with righteousness;
Nothing crooked or perverse is in them.
They are all plain to him who understands,
And right to those who find knowledge.

John told us in Revelation 6.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're statement here seems very non sequitur. We can leave it at this, but explain what you mean... if you like.
Three different angles of the same event:

"And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation. Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth. For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth. And Noah did according unto all that the Lord commanded him. And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth."

"And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood. Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah. And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth. In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights."

"In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark; They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort. And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life. And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the Lord shut him in. And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth. And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters. And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered. Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered. And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died. And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark. And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days."

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Meh. Genesis is quite different in style and genre than Revelation.

Grace and peace to you.
You do seem to allow more writing styles than dispensations.

God's Word is the same yesterday today and forever. It never changes. Writing styles are contrived departmentalization of God's Word, worse than dispensational doctrine. One can just overlook the style that is not the topic and assume it has no relevance nor meaning to the style being discussed.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do seem to allow more writing styles than dispensations.
LOL! There are different genres contained in God's Word. Poetry, wisdom literature, apocalyptic literature, history, biography, personal letters, prophecies... God's Word is quite amazing.

"Dispensations..." LOL! That one not so much. :)

God's Word is the same yesterday today and forever. It never changes.
You're echoing what I said recently here. :) Inadvertently, I guess... :)

Writing styles are contrived departmentalization of God's Word...
Not so. To say that one book is the same in style as another may be correct in many instances (and is), but other cases not so much (the two may be quite different in style), and in those cases really just plain ignorance. God communicated His truth in different ways through different men at different times. But it is His Word, and it's all true, and what is really being said ~ regardless of different styles ~ is unchanging.

One can just overlook the style that is not the topic and assume it has no relevance nor meaning to the style being discussed.
I... don't even understand what this means... LOL!

Grace and peace to you.