Lunacy from the Left!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As late as the 1990s, some creationist Christians were still preaching that blacks were inferior intellectually and spiritually to white people, used faith arguments to support the denial of equal rights to blacks.

Lol! Which ones??

Henry Morris. John Tinkel. Two of the men who proslytized YE creationism from the Seventh-day Adventists to Christian evangelicals. Louis Agassiz, the last world-class biologist to disagree with Darwin. He thought black weren't even descended from Adam and Eve. And he thought they were innately inferior, unlike Darwin, who argued that if primitive people were brought to England, they'd be just like Englishmen in a few generations.
Louis Agassiz - Activities in the United States

Yet the prophecy again has its obverse side. Somehow they have only gone so far and no farther. The Japhethites and Semites have, sooner or later, taken over their territories, and their inventions, and then developed them and utilized them for their own enlargement. Often the Hamites, especially the Negroes, have become actual personal servants or even slaves to the others. Possessed of a genetic character concerned mainly with mundane matters, they have eventually been displaced by the intellectual and philosophical acumen of the Japhethites and the religious zeal of the Semites.
YE Creationist Henry Morris, The Beginning of the World, 1992

As David Berlinski recently noted, “the thesis that there is a connection between Darwin and Hitler is widely considered a profanation.” But striking an indignant pose — feathers in full ruffle — is not an answer to such a serious charge,

It's much more effective to torpedo that fallacy with some facts.

First off, Darwin, in The Descent of Man, declared eugenic ideas to be "an overwhelming evil" and deplored what he expected to be the extinction of many non-European peoples by the aggression of European countries.

Second, Darwinists, like Punnett (remember Punnet Squares?) showed that not only were Nazi racial theories evil, they were scientifically unsupportable. It just wouldn't be possible to do what the Nazis proposed to do. However, the Nazis cited a different inspiration. They revered Martin Luther, whose article, The Jews and Their Lies contains about 90 percent of Hitler's final solution. This was even offered up as a defense by some Nazis at the Nuremberg trials.

By the time Morris was penning his racial slander, evolutionary theory had made it clear that there are no biological human races. And the Human Genome Project (headed by evangelical Christian and evolutionist Francis Collins) showed that there is more genetic diversity within any "race" you might define, than there is between "races."

This is not to say that Berlinski is a racist. It doesn't mean that all creationists are racists. Indeed, a creationist like Samuel Wiberforce could be as determined a foe of slavery as Darwin was. But racism lives on among many creationists, when racism is hard to find among biologist for the reasons I mentioned.

Now for Adolf. I suspect that, just as a lot of folks haven’t read Darwin’s execrable Descent of Man, so also they feel free to enter the debate without having read Hitler’s Mein Kampf.

I haven't read all of Mein Kampf. But I've read Descent of Man, and you clearly have not, or you'd have known about Darwin's rejection of eugenic ideas.

This doesn't mean that creationism is wholly to blame for Hitler and his daffy racial ideas. But it must accept some blame because of racial and eugenic theories of some of its leaders.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Edit: I realize that my statement about Darwinism and Hitler is controversial, so I'm posting an article below that shows a connection using Darwin's and Hitler's own words.

You've been misled by whoever you chose to trust to tell you about Darwin's book. You wrote:

Darwin understood the eugenic implications of his own theory, and warned his readers against imminent evolutionary backsliding. “It is surprising how soon a want of care, or care wrongly directed, leads to the degeneration of a domestic race; but excepting in the case of man himself, hardly any one is so ignorant as to allow his worst animals to breed.” Insert a few terms like “Aryan” or “Jew” and that could be in any Nazi screed.

But you see, that statement was edited to make it look as though Darwin approved of culling humans. Whoever fed you that quote meant to deceive you about Darwin's opinion, which was precisely the opposite of what that edited quote seems to indicate:

"No one who has attended to the breeding of domestic animals will doubt that this must be highly injurious to the race of man. It is surprising how soon a want of care, or care wrongly directed, leads to the degeneration of a domestic race; but excepting in the case of man himself, hardly any one is so ignorant as to allow his worst animals to breed.

The aid which we feel impelled to give to the helpless is mainly an incidental result of the instinct of sympathy, which was originally acquired as part of the social instincts, but subsequently rendered, in the manner previously indicated, more tender and more widely diffused. Nor could we check our sympathy, if so urged by hard reason, without deterioration in the noblest part of our nature. The surgeon may harden himself whilst performing an operation, for he knows that he is acting for the good of his patient; but if we were intentionally to neglect the weak and helpless, it could only be for a contingent benefit, with a certain and great present evil."

Charles Darwin (1871) The Descent of Man, 1st edition, pages 168 -169 (my emphasis)

Those quote-mining articles almost always put up things like this. They do immense damage to their cause, as sooner or later, one of the people who trust them, will put something up on a forum and be embarrassed by people who have actually read the articles.
This is why it's really important for you to actually read articles you cite. Creationists are notorious for this kind of dishonesty.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one who keeps bringing it up. I'm probably not the only one wondering why. I get the thing about black men and racist fears, but since rape hasn't been one of the issues here, it's odd that you keep coming back to it.

You should realize you're revealing a lot of um, unusual stuff about yourself, um?
You are the one who keeps bringing it up. I'm probably not the only one wondering why. I get the thing about black men and racist fears, but since rape hasn't been one of the issues here, it's odd that you keep coming back to it.

You seemed to be very opposed to people being punished for rape, pillage, and plunder as if that is their right. To the point that it appears that you are concerned about what might happen to you for doing these things.

You seem to be concerned that someone will find out about you.

I wonder if, it is a fantasy of yours or if you want to do these things. Your defense of their activities reveals your true character. People like you think you can hide this, but for me you are neon sign of evil.

No sympathy for the innocent or law abiding and clear allegiance to evil.

Reactions: historyb

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I'm repelled by those who try to justify thugs who hide in police forces, by pointing out that there are thugs elsewhere.

For one thing, it really happened. Which does matter. For another thing it was done under the color of law. Which is always worse and far more dangerous to the rest of us.

I don't. Murder is a crime regardless of who does it. It's just a much more serious thing when the power of the state is used to do it. Can you point out a protestor who murdered someone recently? If so, I will agree with you that he needs to be put away for a long time. Who is it?

I don't. I want that thug behind bars for a very long time. He should be treated the same as any other murderer.

Occasionally, they do.

Police Caught Looting in Seattle : Unexpected

More often it's just violence. Sexual assault by police is less common, but it shows up, every year.

You're mostly upset that I applied the same standard to police that I do to others. For some reason, you want to give police a pass on all this. Can you give us a reason why we should?
You're mostly upset that I applied the same standard to police that I do to others. For some reason, you want to give police a pass on all this. Can you give us a reason why we should?
That is totally wrong....
All murders should be imprisoned....I prefer the death penalty
All rapists should be imprisoned...
All arsonists should be imprisoned....
And I have never said any thing different. So lie all you want....your character is already revealed.

Last edited:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should realize you're revealing a lot of um, unusual stuff about yourself, um?

You are the one who keeps bringing it up.

Nope. Go back and look. It's you. I see the denial, and your projection, there you are. Rape seems to have some kind of meaning or fear for you that most of us wouldn't understand.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You seemed to be very opposed to people being punished for rape, pillage, and plunder as if that is their right.

I said that? (Barbarian checks) Nope. You made that up, too.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The classic case was in Ferguson, MO. The city had a policy of finding petty offenses to charge black citizens, with high fines, which tended to put them in debt to the city, insuring a constant revenue source. The police had become a profit center and the city government a parasite on the black population.

To understand some of the distrust of police that has fueled protests in Ferguson, Mo., consider this: In 2013, the municipal court in Ferguson — a city of 21,135 people — issued 32,975 arrest warrants for nonviolent offenses, mostly driving violations.

A new report released the week after 18-year old Michael Brown was shot and killed in Ferguson helps explain why. ArchCity Defenders, a St. Louis-area public defender group, says in its report that more than half the courts in St. Louis County engage in the "illegal and harmful practices" of charging high court fines and fees on nonviolent offenses like traffic violations — and then arresting people when they don't pay. The report singles out courts in three communities, including Ferguson.

Thomas Harvey, who started the organization to provide legal services to the poor in the St. Louis region and is the lead author of the report, says residents, especially in Ferguson, have come to see the use of fines and fees as a way for courts to collect money from residents who are often the least able to pay.
In Ferguson, Court Fines And Fees Fuel Anger

The number of cases increased greatly as the city lost other revenues and came to depend more and more on fines levied on the poorest citizens. It was only a matter of time before a spark ignited the situation.

A new report released the week after 18-year old Michael Brown was shot and killed in Ferguson helps explain why. ArchCity Defenders, a St. Louis-area public defender group, says in its report that more than half the courts in St. Louis County engage in the "illegal and harmful practices" of charging high court fines and fees on nonviolent offenses like traffic violations — and then arresting people when they don't pay. The report singles out courts in three communities, including Ferguson.

Michael Brown's criminal record
MICHAEL BROWN -6 FT, 4 INCH 295 POUND MICHAEL BROWN

You can look all this up yourself on Case.net Missouri. Do a search for St. Louis County in 2014; you’ll find him … It seems whenever Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Obama chime in, it winds up being another batch of lies!

Description: Burglary 1st Degree [Felony B RSMo: 569.160]

Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1401000
OCN: AJ006207 Arresting Agency: ST ANN PD

Next Charge/Judgment

Description: Armed Criminal Action [Felony Unclassified RSMo: 571.015]
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 3101000

Next Charge/Judgment

Description: Assault 1st Degree Serious Physical Injury [Felony A RSMo:
565.050]
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1301100

Next Charge/Judgment

Description: Armed Criminal Action [Felony Unclassified RSMo: 571.015]
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 3101000
OCN: AJ006207 Arresting Agency: ST. ANN PD

On August 9, 2014, Michael Brown Jr., an 18-year-old black man, was fatally shot by 28-year-old white Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson in the city of Ferguson, Mo. a suburb of St. Louis Brown was accompanied by his 22-year-old friend Dorian Johnson. Wilson said that an altercation ensued when Brown attacked Wilson in his police vehicle for control of Wilson's gun until it was fired. Johnson claimed that Wilson initiated a confrontation by grabbing Brown by the neck through his car window, threatening him and then shooting at him. At this point, both Wilson and Johnson state that Brown and Johnson fled, with Wilson pursuing Brown shortly thereafter. Wilson stated that Brown stopped and charged him after a short pursuit. Johnson contradicted this account, stating that Brown turned around with his hands raised after Wilson shot at his back. According to Johnson, Wilson then shot Brown multiple times until Brown fell to the ground. In the entire altercation, Wilson fired a total of twelve bullets, including twice during the struggle in the car; the last was probably the fatal shot. Brown was struck six times, all in the front of his body.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I said that? (Barbarian checks) Nope. You made that up, too.
You know people can see what you have said so it does not work to back peddle. Everything you have done here is to be pro-disrespect for authority, against law and order, and never take the side or show sympathy for those that have been raped and killed. For those that have been assaulted, no sympathy for those that have had their property destroyed. Too late so save your character.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've been misled by whoever you chose to trust to tell you about Darwin's book. You wrote:

But you see, that statement was edited to make it look as though Darwin approved of culling humans. Whoever fed you that quote meant to deceive you about Darwin's opinion, which was precisely the opposite of what that edited quote seems to indicate:

"No one who has attended to the breeding of domestic animals will doubt that this must be highly injurious to the race of man. It is surprising how soon a want of care, or care wrongly directed, leads to the degeneration of a domestic race; but excepting in the case of man himself, hardly any one is so ignorant as to allow his worst animals to breed.

The aid which we feel impelled to give to the helpless is mainly an incidental result of the instinct of sympathy, which was originally acquired as part of the social instincts, but subsequently rendered, in the manner previously indicated, more tender and more widely diffused. Nor could we check our sympathy, if so urged by hard reason, without deterioration in the noblest part of our nature. The surgeon may harden himself whilst performing an operation, for he knows that he is acting for the good of his patient; but if we were intentionally to neglect the weak and helpless, it could only be for a contingent benefit, with a certain and great present evil."

Charles Darwin (1871) The Descent of Man, 1st edition, pages 168 -169 (my emphasis)

Those quote-mining articles almost always put up things like this. They do immense damage to their cause, as sooner or later, one of the people who trust them, will put something up on a forum and be embarrassed by people who have actually read the articles.
This is why it's really important for you to actually read articles you cite. Creationists are notorious for this kind of dishonesty.

You seem to count yourself an expert on all things Darwin. I take it you have a college degree in biology or some other field of science.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As late as the 1990s, some creationist Christians were still preaching that blacks were inferior intellectually and spiritually to white people, used faith arguments to support the denial of equal rights to blacks.

Henry Morris. John Tinkel. Two of the men who proslytized YE creationism from the Seventh-day Adventists to Christian evangelicals. Louis Agassiz, the last world-class biologist to disagree with Darwin. He thought black weren't even descended from Adam and Eve. And he thought they were innately inferior, unlike Darwin, who argued that if primitive people were brought to England, they'd be just like Englishmen in a few generations.

Those quote-mining articles almost always put up things like this. They do immense damage to their cause, as sooner or later, one of the people who trust them, will put something up on a forum and be embarrassed by people who have actually read the articles. This is why it's really important for you to actually read articles you cite. Creationists are notorious for this kind of dishonesty.

I will certainly check out these claims you're making against creationists. IF I find out that any creationist is/was actually racist, I will denounce their racism, but I know for a fact that many of them have been misrepresented by evolutionists who are notorious for twisting the truth.

At the same time, I seriously doubt your claim that creationists are "notorious for this kind of dishonesty" because as Christians, creationists believe in God and know they will stand before God and give an account of all that they say and do. On the other hand, many evolutionists tend toward atheism and don't believe that they will be judged and held accountable for their actions....

Last edited:

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wasn't it the democrats that used the black people as slaves in the south???

Yep and the dems are the ones who created the KKK, Skin heads, neo nazi's, etc. The dems are very anti Semitic as can be seen from New York's mayor.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the same time, I seriously doubt your claim that creationists are "notorious for this kind of dishonesty" because as Christians, creationists believe in God and know they will stand before God and give an account of all that they say and do. On the other hand, many evolutionists tend toward atheism and don't believe that they will be judged and held accountable for their actions....

Exactly.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm saying that segregation is no longer a nationwide policy and hasn't been for many years; therefore, it's not a good example of nationwide systemic racism today.

Exactly, there is no systemic racism in America. Well I take that back liberals and the like are systemic racist against Christians and the truth

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will certainly check out these claims you're making against creationists. IF I find out that any creationist is/was actually racist, I will denounce their racism, but I know for a fact that many of them have been misrepresented by evolutionists who are notorious for twisting the truth.

It's in his book. No point in denial.

At the same time, I seriously doubt your claim that creationists are "notorious for this kind of dishonesty" because as Christians, creationists believe in God and know they will stand before God and give an account of all that they say and do.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? And yet, as you see above, they doctored one of Darwin's statements to make it appear he meant the opposite of what he actually said. Would you like me to show you some more?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to count yourself an expert on all things Darwin.

Only to the extent that I've read several of his books. As I mentioned, it's wise to have actually read things that you quote from. It can save one a lot of embarrassment.

I take it you have a college degree in biology or some other field of science.

Hmm... one isn't usually required to read Darwin to get a degree in biology. But I have some knowledge of biology, yes.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's in his book. No point in denial.
Oh, I won't take your word for it. Sorry. But I have been doing some reading on my own, and Morris's ideas about racism are NOT as simple as that one quote you posted.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? And yet, as you see above, they doctored one of Darwin's statements to make it appear he meant the opposite of what he actually said. Would you like me to show you some more?
I know so. They didn't doctor Darwin's statement. Just as you have done with Morris, they didn't quote enough. Your double standards are astounding.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only to the extent that I've read several of his books. As I mentioned, it's wise to have actually read things that you quote from. It can save one a lot of embarrassment.

Hmm... one isn't usually required to read Darwin to get a degree in biology. But I have some knowledge of biology, yes.

Oh, that's funny. You said in a different thread that you're a biologist. I assumed you meant that you have a degree in biology.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know people can see what you have said so it does not work to back peddle.

I can see you're embarrassed at what you've done. So I won't embarrass you further by showing where you, and you only kept bringing up the topic. Unless you're interested enough to respond. And it's "back-pedal."
back•ped•al băk′pĕd″l

• intransitive verb
    To move the pedals of a bicycle or similar vehicle backward, especially to apply a brake.
  • intransitive verb
    To move backward by taking short quick steps, as in boxing or football.

• intransitive verb

To retreat or withdraw from a position or attitude.

Everything you have done here is to be pro-disrespect for authority,

Americans tend to be suspicious of "authority", yes. We like to think of the "authorities" as our servants, as they are, under the law. Goes back a long way, to the people who first came here from Europe.

against law and order,

and never take the side or show sympathy for those that have been raped

You're really obsessed with that, aren't you? Do you see cops raping people in these protests? Do you see demonstrators raping people in these demonstrations? By all means show us the details and how you know it was cops or demonstrators. If not, what's with the obsession?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see you're embarrassed at what you've done. So I won't embarrass you further by showing where you, and you only kept bringing up the topic. Unless you're interested enough to respond. And it's "back-pedal."
back•ped•al băk′pĕd″l

• intransitive verb
    To move the pedals of a bicycle or similar vehicle backward, especially to apply a brake.
  • intransitive verb
    To move backward by taking short quick steps, as in boxing or football.

• intransitive verb

To retreat or withdraw from a position or attitude.

Americans tend to be suspicious of "authority", yes. We like to think of the "authorities" as our servants, as they are, under the law. Goes back a long way, to the people who first came here from Europe.

You're really obsessed with that, aren't you? Do you see cops raping people in these protests? Do you see demonstrators raping people in these demonstrations? By all means show us the details and how you know it was cops or demonstrators. If not, what's with the obsession?

You seem to dismiss the rapes, the murders, assaults, the arsons. Hate police....
Inline with the criminal element, sympathetic with the criminal element, excuse the criminal element, and defend the criminal element. While you do all that you define your character for all to see....funny to me that people like you think they can hide it. You think you are fooling some one but your not.
I have seen the type many times.