Magical Thinking

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bible Search: rapture
see that there is just as likely to be no Rapture capital r such as you now hold to be an Absolute Truth, which is the point, not whether there will ever actually be a physical rapture or not
If you cannot hold to the Bible as ABSOLUTE TRUTH you might as well believe the Quran, or the Vedas, or the Granth Sahib, or any New Age nonsense.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If you cannot hold to the Bible as ABSOLUTE TRUTH you might as well believe the Quran, or the Vedas, or the Granth Sahib, or any New Age nonsense.
i'm not quite clear why you are tagging me if you don't want to respond to the post Enoch, sorry
i mean don't get me wrong, interesting subject change and all that, but i am not trying to challenge any specific beliefs here at all, and the article is not either

unless you are saying that you now understand what rapture is according to the Bible, and you are now like confessing or something?

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But when Rapture--a future mass rapture i mean, not the real one that anyone might experience today--has become a must-happen event

Could be wrong but to “snatch” one from the fire sounds simalar to rapture? As
Zechariah 3:2-4 And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire? [3] Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel. [4] And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

To sieze suddenly, to snatch, to be caught up, removed:

Jude 1:23 Interlinear: and some in fear save ye, out of the fire snatching, hating even the coat from the flesh spotted.

Strong's Greek: 726. ἁρπάζω (harpazó) -- to seize, catch up, snatch away

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Could be wrong but to “snatch” one from the fire sounds simalar to rapture? As
Zechariah 3:2-4 And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire? [3] Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel. [4] And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

To sieze suddenly, to snatch, to be caught up, removed:

Jude 1:23 Interlinear: and some in fear save ye, out of the fire snatching, hating even the coat from the flesh spotted.

Strong's Greek: 726. ἁρπάζω (harpazó) -- to seize, catch up, snatch away
awesome, we can draw many contrasts to this v the standard model of mass rapture i guess
so while i have to stress once again that this is not about Rapture or any specific beliefs, your reliance on your specific ability to analyze the statistics you are presented with in personal situations such as this is, and that is what we are now doing imo

Simple Statistical Analysis | SkillsYouNeed
see, even though these are all given in the context of "business" we might reflect on the contrasts in the practices in this link v those of most believers, who might even be said to generally resist doing any of the things advised, for what they feel are "spiritual" reasons

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i mean don't get me wrong, interesting subject change and all that, but i am not trying to challenge any specific beliefs here at all, and the article is not either
Well that article you posted is from a Leftist publication which equates miracles with magic. Which means that it challenges the Scriptures as well as Christian beliefs. Not just challenges but attacks.

Glitches like these—and others—lay the foundation for seemingly supernatural and paranormal experiences. Our ancient ancestors may have seen magical beings in the world around them. Religious people may find miracles in recovery from cancer or empty parking spots.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well that article you posted is from a Leftist publication which equates miracles with magic. Which means that it challenges the Scriptures as well as Christian beliefs. Not just challenges but attacks.
Scripture does this also, Galileans, why do you stand there looking up into the sky? Return to Me, and I will return to you
plenty of cautioning about miracles too i guess huh, you wanna get into them we can, lots of ppl looking for miracles in the Bible right, bam let's go there and see what is said about them. My leftist pub is hardly the first to equate miracles and magic i don't think

leftist you have yet to demonstrate or even give an example, sorry
not saying it might not be true but i don't even know what you might be referring to
wadr my guess is that "leftist" = "anything you don't like," or at least that is how it is usually used, seems like

but since that will not serve you i'll say with confidence that you are not a leftist,
in fact i would bet my life that you do not identify as a leftist, right?
left/right is a pretty ambiguous paradigm i guess, which is why it is so useful

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Never heard that term before you brought it up. Don't know who coined that term or what they mean.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Never heard that term before you brought it up. Don't know who coined that term or what they mean.

God Bless,
Taken
then bam call it psychobabble and then do your best to explain why it is bad, i'm all ears ok
ps, statistical analysis is only one aspect we happen to be bad at, there are others too

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Scripture does this also, Galileans, why do you stand there looking up into the sky?
Had you carefully studied the context of these words, you would have discovered that this was NOT a challenge to the expectatation of the supernatural. Christ ascended to Heaven supernaturally, and the apostles were assured by an angel that they could also expect His supernatural descent from Heaven.
Return to Me, and I will return to you
plenty of cautioning about miracles too i guess huh
Now you take a statement from God and misapply it. God was addressing unbelieving and disobedient Israel and telling them -- His chosen people -- to return to Him and He would return to them. This has nothing to do with the rejection of the supernatural and the miraculous.

leftist you have yet to demonstrate or even give an example, sorry
not saying it might not be true but i don't even know what you might be referring to
Here is an example of the Leftist bias of this web site, the headline for one of their anti-Trump and anti-conservative rants: "'Outrageous' Voter Suppression by 'Cowardly Republicans' in Georgia Is Part of A Nationwide GOP Attack on Democracy"

This is total Leftist nonsense. And this candidate is blatantly proclaiming that illegal aliens are a part of the blue wave (Democrat voters). To stop illegals from voting -- those who have no right to vote, and which would be considered voter fraud-- is called "voter suppression" by this unhinged Democrat! These are the same people who are advocating open borders for the USA and the abolishing of ICE. Let them try this nonsense in Cuba or North Korea or China and see where they get.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then bam call it psychobabble and then do your best to explain why it is bad, i'm all ears ok
ps, statistical analysis is only one aspect we happen to be bad at, there are others too

Psycho - as a prefix relating to the Mind.
The Carnal Mind is Against God.

A new Term Given for all the things men can dream up ( to me sounds like babbling ).

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had you carefully studied the context of these words, you would have discovered that this was NOT a challenge to the expectatation of the supernatural. Christ ascended to Heaven supernaturally, and the apostles were assured by an angel that they could also expect His supernatural descent from Heaven.

Now you take a statement from God and misapply it. God was addressing unbelieving and disobedient Israel and telling them -- His chosen people -- to return to Him and He would return to them. This has nothing to do with the rejection of the supernatural and the miraculous.

Here is an example of the Leftist bias of this web site, the headline for one of their anti-Trump and anti-conservative rants: "'Outrageous' Voter Suppression by 'Cowardly Republicans' in Georgia Is Part of A Nationwide GOP Attack on Democracy"

This is total Leftist nonsense. And this candidate is blatantly proclaiming that illegal aliens are a part of the blue wave (Democrat voters). To stop illegals from voting -- those who have no right to vote, and which would be considered voter fraud-- is called "voter suppression" by this unhinged Democrat! These are the same people who are advocating open borders for the USA and the abolishing of ICE. Let them try this nonsense in Cuba or North Korea or China and see where they get.

Point on!

Reactions: Enoch111

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
lol, ya, i'm fam with the drill ok, hence
"you will see Him come down in the same way you saw Him go up" is a lie, and the correct interpretation is actually
"you will see Him come down in the same way they saw Him go up," if only Scripture had got it right dang.
Maybe they didn't have a term for "your posterity" yet?
but the truth is really right there, right in front of us;
they saw Him come down the same way they saw Him go up,
just like the Bible says
look, your opinions are fine and all ok, but i am not interested in challenging them here so much as examining how we come to have them in the first place. i am not trying to challenge any beliefs that anyone holds, you are entitled to your own beliefs just like everyone else, and you can even hold them to be Absolute Truths if you like, i mean diff subject but i guess you even hold some truths to be self-evident right, even if the people that was written in mind of are snickering. behind their hands of course
This is total Leftist nonsense.
ok awesome, ty for the heads up but idc about articles like that anyway, now if you would ID the leftist nonsense inherent in "people tend to be much worse at statistical analysis than they believe, and we now have a reliable gauge for this," the article at hand, that would be great

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
now if you would ID the leftist nonsense inherent in "people tend to be much worse at statistical analysis than they believe, and we now have a reliable gauge for this," the article at hand, that would be great
Here, the Leftist nonsense in unbelief.

Statistical analysis is based upon Probability.

Probability = The chance that something will happen. How likely it is that some event will occur.

Sometimes we can measure a probability with a number like "10% chance", or we can use words such as impossible, unlikely, possible, even chance, likely and certain.

As a number, probability is from 0 (impossible) to 1 (certain).

The probability of unbelievers calling miracles and the supernatural *magic* = 1

The probablity of genuine Christians calling miracles and the supernatural *magic* = 0.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Here, the Leftist nonsense in unbelief.

Statistical analysis is based upon Probability.

Probability = The chance that something will happen. How likely it is that some event will occur.

Sometimes we can measure a probability with a number like "10% chance", or we can use words such as impossible, unlikely, possible, even chance, likely and certain.

As a number, probability is from 0 (impossible) to 1 (certain).

The probability of unbelievers calling miracles and the supernatural *magic* = 1

The probablity of genuine Christians calling miracles and the supernatural *magic* = 0.
so then don't apply it to whether miracles exist or not, i don't deny that miracles happen or that the fervent prayer of the righteous does not avail much. The point here is to not be deceiving yourself about them, not denying that miracles happen all of the time ok, every day

would it surprise you to learn that the title is an experiment also, and that ppl in your part of the bell curve respond completely differently to the same information under a different title?

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
all are deceived, Naomi,

For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. -Matt 24:24

Believers particularly tend to hold their beliefs as Absolute Truths, and this will kill you spiritually.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.” -John 4:24

So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” -John 8:31–32

while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. -2 Timothy 3:13–17

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
NO! With the situation we are in now, we always hope for a miraculous HEALING, But we also understand that the will of God is unsearchable.
So what ever happen's is out of our control! I see many Soul suffering, even on this Forum, But to lose Faith, NO! Here is the problem with the Belief System of today--- RELIGION ----- The very thing Our Savior was confronted with during His Ministry!

Amen. Agree, the test of our faith is on...Satan knows he only has a short time... so he is throwing everything he can at God's people..he whispers in our ears " Hath God said"?...and " If you be a son of God then...?"

With our eye upon Him and the power and grace of God, our faith will be unshakable.
We press on toward the end of this race...to hear by His grace..the
"Well done thou good and faithful servant.." ✟