Magical Thinking

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
my guess is the part about the illusion of control might be more pertinent for most believers, as a starting point anyway.

troubled people turn to Christianity for help, and most believers genuinely want to be able to help others heal when asked.
The gap between what should be and that disappointment most would-be faith healers experience after their prayer falls flat is Magical Thinking, not lack of faith.

My people perish for lack of knowledge

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Here, the Leftist nonsense in unbelief.
you're kinda hung up on this left/right thing i guess huh?
but i make assumptions, and forget to qualify things like this for the easily offended i guess
yes, the author is not a big fan of Christianity, but sometimes listening to a critic can pay dividends
you don't have to accept their premises
imo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you're kinda hung up on this left/right thing i guess huh?
but i make assumptions, and forget to qualify things like this for the easily offended i guess
yes, the author is not a big fan of Christianity, but sometimes listening to a critic can pay dividends
you don't have to accept their premises
imo

Not so much a "hangup" of left/right.....as it is revealed there IS a political and spiritual divide within (in context) Ie the US, of those called the left and those called the right.

Scriptural says take care of your own household.

The left routinely says, create laws to allow for the government to take wealth from some, and give it to others who did not earn the wealth. IOW, that is in direct contrast to Scripture and a direct political platform of the left.

Just sayin, the left routinely....pursues spiritual avenues in direct contrast to Gods precepts and pursues making Unconstitutional laws to effect their political agenda of getting "their hands" on the wealth of the people.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
those called the left and those called the right.
well, political at least, and most likely last too imo
Scriptural says take care of your own household.
you are allowed to identify with whatever nation you like Taken, and i notice the household you have chosen to ID with likes to position itself as "one nation" when we are in fact officially 11 nations, and i guess several internal groups would object to being left out if they cared. So which nation are you in?
The left routinely says, create laws to allow for the government to take wealth from some, and give it to others who did not earn the wealth. IOW, that is in direct contrast to Scripture
lol, are you sure here Taken? bc i'm pretty sure i could Quote some Scripture right up that alley ok
making Unconstitutional laws to effect their political agenda of getting "their hands" on the wealth of the people.
you are really trying to blame some "left" for this? The "left" caused the .1%?
ok

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, political at least, and most likely last too imo

you are allowed to identify with whatever nation you like Taken, and i notice the household you have chosen to ID with likes to position itself as "one nation"

"ONE NATION" as spoken in "allegience to a FLAG" that represents "FIFTY" individual nations (called states), collectively called AMERICA, that collectively are United under "ONE FEDERATION", called the UNITED States "OF" America.

when we are in fact officially 11 nations,

No clue what "11 nations" you are speaking of.

and i guess several internal groups would object to being left out if they cared. So which nation are you in?

Which nation AM I IN? Since I travel around frequently.....It Depends on where I happen to be on any given day......a few days ago, I was IN, Neither a Federal or an American state, but visiting an Indian Nation.

lol, are you sure here Taken?

LOL, yes.

bc i'm pretty sure i could Quote some Scripture right up that alley ok

That's your call, not mine.

you are really trying to blame some "left" for this?

BLAME them? Huh? No. I am recognizing what they say, promote and give them the CREDIT for what they say and promote.

The "left" caused the .1%?
ok

Incomplete thought...
Caused the .1% of what?

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
troubled people turn to Christianity for help, and most believers genuinely want to be able to help others heal when asked.
The gap between what should be and that disappointment most would-be faith healers experience after their prayer falls flat is Magical Thinking, not lack of faith.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my guess is the part about the illusion of control might be more pertinent for most believers, as a starting point anyway.

The solution to people's problems is not where people, even Christian believers, too often go or try to go to encounter it.

Reactions: bbyrd009
B

brakelite

Its late at night and I should be asleep, so didn't read the article, but would simply like to state that I have experienced miracles in my life, two remarkable ones in particular which were unexpected...and completely unlikely to happen without divine influence/intervention....the latest just a couple of weeks ago....where man's laws were overridden by God. Although some may put it down to human error, but yeah, nah.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Its late at night and I should be asleep, so didn't read the article, but would simply like to state that I have experienced miracles in my life, two remarkable ones in particular which were unexpected...and completely unlikely to happen without divine influence/intervention....the latest just a couple of weeks ago....where man's laws were overridden by God. Although some may put it down to human error, but yeah, nah.
i agree, even if the author would not, but idc about the author's perspective so much as her info @ a human's ability to reason incorrectly with astounding regularity, which there are even little tests on YT and wherever that will make this very plain to anyone who seeks; ah, not the best example but here's one Time-Traveling Illusion Tricks the Brain

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The quick fix Jesus. The genie in the bible.

But in the end it is a lack of faith. Faith and belief aren't the same. Faith moves mountains.