Magistrate Orders Man To Leave House in 2 Weeks

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shocking phone call received at 4:20 PM Friday from a friend, going through a divorce. Despite the fact that his wife assaulted him and has a restraining order, the Magistrate ruled that he has to leave the house he's lived in for 23 years so she can move back in. And he has to be out by December 1st!

This means, he barely has 2 weeks, including Thanksgiving holiday, to avoid being homeless.

What rationale justifies putting this guy in such a state of exigency? None whatsoever! Please pray for him and those involved in the case.

Last edited:

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shocking phone call received at 4:20 PM Friday from a friend, going through a divorce. Despite the fact that his wife assaulted him and has a restraining order, the Magistrate ruled that he has to leave the house he's lived in for 23 years so she can move back in. And he has to be out by December 1st!

This means, he barely has 2 weeks, including Thanksgiving holiday, to avoid being homeless.

What rationale justifies putting this guy in such a state of exigency? None whatsoever! Please pray for him and those involved in the case.

So the wife assaults him and she has the restraining order?
What bunk, I will pray for him.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is unfortunate, may God by the spirit guide him to where He needs to go and lead him what is the right thing to do.

Reactions: dev553344 and Nancy

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Justice has stumbled in the streets once again. Why is the Lord allowing this?
"When the foundations are being destroyed, what can the righteous do?” - Psalm 11:3

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And yet somehow he gets treated like he's the bad guy. Sheesh! Oh well.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God knows the whole story. Hopefully that man will make the right decisions to get what is situated... and hopefully for the woman to.

There is always a cause that ends in some type of result not matter who you are. There is only one whom can be trusted and that is God himself. Choices is something we all have to continue to make each and every single day. The right choice is to deny our own will and give thankfulness to God for the free gift of life that is given when a person believes and turns to the Lord Jesus Christ... living by faith and connection with the living God, in and through the Lord.

Reactions: marks

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He said that neither he nor his lawyer were allowed to speak before the magistrate placed the order. (She was not the normal judge handling the divorce trial.) He did not even know his wife petitioned the court until his lawyer informed him of the magistrate's order. It was a complete and total shock.

He recently told me that he was suicidal in April. Getting the call from his lawyer Friday afternoon about the order, facing homelessness after doing more than his share to pay off the house, could not have been good for his mental health.

When you hear that a man lost it, it's not true. He had it taken from him. No one should be surprised when one is dehumanized, they react uncivilized - even when that someone is male. He is the guy, of course he is the bad guy. Our language does not even allow for bad girl. If my friend survives this and he stops himself from killing his wife and children, he'll still be deemed as failing. He's called himself a loser over this many, many times. He'll be asked, "What did you do wrong?" (I know I get immediately mocked that way whenever I share that my wife and I has a fuss). People will tilt their head and sympathetically ask, 'Did you try counseling?' (AS IF it is the end all, be all).

She'll get sympathy and support, slandering him all the way along with the backing of the courts. I know why people kill people. Pray people. Pray.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He said that neither he nor his lawyer were allowed to speak before the magistrate placed the order. (She was not the normal judge handling the divorce trial.) He did not even know his wife petitioned the court until his lawyer informed him of the magistrate's order. It was a complete and total shock.

He recently told me that he was suicidal in April. Getting the call from his lawyer Friday afternoon about the order, facing homelessness after doing more than his share to pay off the house, could not have been good for his mental health.

When you hear that a man lost it, it's not true. He had it taken from him. No one should be surprised when one is dehumanized, they react uncivilized - even when that someone is male. He is the guy, of course he is the bad guy. Our language does not even allow for bad girl. If my friend survives this and he stops himself from killing his wife and children, he'll still be deemed as failing. He's called himself a loser over this many, many times. He'll be asked, "What did you do wrong?" (I know I get immediately mocked that way whenever I share that my wife and I has a fuss). People will tilt their head and sympathetically ask, 'Did you try counseling?' (AS IF it is the end all, be all).

She'll get sympathy and support, slandering him all the way along with the backing of the courts. I know why people kill people. Pray people. Pray.
I'm obviously using hyperbole here, but, "There's a silver lining to every mushroom cloud!"

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just talked to a male coworker ...

In response to hearing my friend was assaulted and got a restraining order against his wife, he immediately and solemnly asked, "I wonder what he did to deserve that?"

I replied that we don't ask such questions when a woman is assaulted and I don't think we should suppose there is reason or justification when it is a man who is victimized.

... the lack of compassion for the plight of men is stunning - even by other men.

Reactions: Truman

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could let him stay at your house @Wrangler.

I did.

Had him over for dinner Saturday. Another brother from the church also offered him to stay at his house. My friend's state of mind Saturday was much improved over Friday night. In 24 hours, he has 2 options.

The point is not what options he might have to get out of this predicament. The point is that he has been put in this exigent predicament.

Reactions: Truman

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's unfortunate. Hope the best for him, and even for the woman whom he was wedded to.

Will try to remember in my prayers for him, and check in again later, @Wrangler.

Take care,
Matthew G.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How dare he bruise her fist with his face. Not only should he lose his home, he should be castrated.
That's terrible what he did...I know 'case I did it too! Someone, like the church, should've said to him, "Suck it up, buttercup!"
How dare he?!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He may not rightfully be in the house, even though on another legal matter there is an assault and subsequent restraining order. I'd expect the TRO to remain in place even after giving her occupancy. The matters are separate, I would think.

Much love!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there children involved? That may be why she gets the house

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there children involved? That may be why she gets the house

She does not "get" the house. It is a marital asset that must be divided upon divorce.

She gets to live in the marital residence in the mean time because of the children.

Where are the children living now? Not on the street. When the mother was in jail for assaulting her husband, she begin to make plans to rent a town house. The children are safe and secure now and they will remain so when they return to the only home they've ever known.

The point is not about why she gets to move back in. The point is why did the judge graciously allow the husband 2 weeks? Normally people are required to vacate a residence in 1-3 months. Why the exigency? It is purely punitive.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for him. I went thru a similar situation and the law for me sided with the wife. She got everything in the divorce just so I could see my kids. And then she cut that off too. Not fair. You're friend sounds like he's in a bad place with the law. He needs to figure out how to survive now. The law is probably not going to help.

Reactions: Wrangler and marks