Mainstream Music VS Christian Music

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I have started to notice that some mainstream songs could apply to the relationship between Christ and his Church. I wounder if successful artists are taking advantage of the subconscious longing for God in people that don't know him.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It would be neat if an artist would become successful making hit songs, then reveal later that all of them are about God. When you hear a love song I think most would assume it is between a man and woman.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A while ago, a local alternative radio station played a song by what they called a "new band". Someone called them and told them the band had been around for years on the Christian radio stations. After that, they stopped playing them.... The band was Switchfoot. They are a Christian rock band. It seemed then that mainstream world would not allow that.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
I am a fan of electronic music. So it allows me to bridge the secular world and the Christian one.

Ambient music is fab for bedtime.
Trance comes in all sorts of flavours, but I prefer the vocal stuff.
I also quite like classical, Baroque most of all and Jazz, Django Reinhardt most of all.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like some dubstep. I just cant do R&B because it is generally about what they want to do to eachother.... I try to aim for music that has a good positive message. I should not have to change my music if my children walk into a room.... I used to have to do this. I listened to a lot of death metal and things like that before Christ put me through tribulation and got me straightened out. He pretty much told me that I was too self serving and not thinking about my kids and what is best for them. Among other things that were just flat wrong in my life that He guided me away from. I am more content now then I ever was before, regardless of the tribulation. He has brought beauty from Ashes.

Jem8990

Dec 31, 2014
Spotify is a great music place or pandora, you can find similar songs to your liking :)

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
I abandoned Pandora about five years ago when I would set a station and they started to add things not remotely related to the genre.

Also I grew weary of having to email them because they had the wrong artist to the song. Their database to pull info is dreadful.

kbrenton

Dec 13, 2014
Delaware
Hi,

I love the song "My Jesus" by Todd Agnew. I feel like everyone should listen to it; and really hear the words. You know, is myJesus your Jesus and does that song reflect Him? It is a strong song.

Unfortunetly , I am not as computer swuavvy asI would like to be so I do not yet know how to download a song into my reply. You can see it on youtube for sure.

God Bless, Kim