Man has a part in his salvation=things to do, believe and say.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Works indeed follow faith; are a proof of faith. (Ephesians 2.10)

But works do not create faith. (Ephesians 2.9). We need the Holy Spirit for the faith.
Some here mistakenly think that our faith in Jesus is works. Ephesians 2:8-9 contradicts this by showing that faith and works are mutually exclusive.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I’m still trying to figure out why me? I guess the free Will promoters have all that figured out prior to their rebirth.
"What raised the wondrous thought?
Or who did it suggest,
That blood-bought saints to glory brought
Should with the Son be blessed?

Father, the thought was Thine,
And Thine alone could be,
Fruit of the wisdom, love Divine
Peculiar unto Thee.'

(G. V. Wigram.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
By Faith, can’t have faith without the in dwelling of the Holy Spirit. Can’t even confess Him as Lord without the in dwelling of the Holy Spirit. Mans carnal faith is vain Holy Spirit faith quickens(gives life, new birth) they walk in newness of life. This is undeniably what happened at Pentecost. The spirit abides. Whole altogether different group of men. Boldness displayed fear cast out power displayed fruit of the spirit realized.
1 Corinthians 12.16:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."

Reactions: Waiting on him