Man vs Kangaroo

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Kangaroo looked like he was trying to befriend the dog in the first one, and the dog looked kinda cool with it.

The kangaroo also looked a little incredulous when he got popped, kinda like, "What the hell are you popping me for!" :p

It looked like a friendly embrace but watch when the Roo let's go of the dog he tries to kick him.

I read the explanation given in that piece you linked but i think I have a better one...

The roos try grab the opponents head and neck with its claws so that it can't escape the incoming front kick. While it was doing that it found itself having the dog in a headlock. Both of them stooped fighting and froze when the guy arrived making it look like they were playing. But they weren't.
I agree that the roo would of only attacked cos it found itself within striking range of the dog, otherwise it would of fled

Ever had a kangaroo steak. Hmmm beautiful

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the red corner we have the smartest animal on earth... Man
In the blue corner we have the kangaroo...
Its arms are strong. They have 5 digits with really sharp claws. They can lunge at you with them, grasp you anywhere or throw 3 or 4 punches in a second possibly clawing your eye out.
Their hind legs are even stronger. They stand on their tails and deliver heavy front kicks that can break legs. They have 3 toes, 2 small and one huge middle one with a big claw that is capable of disemboweling a human.
The bookmakers have kangaroo as the favorite but good luck man

Round one... Fight

Man comes out firing and wins the round 9 points to 8

Round 2... Fight

A 5 minute brawl. I give the old man 8 points for surviving such a fight but the roo wins the round with 9 points

Rounds 3-8... Fight

Rd 3 - Roo 9 points. Man 6 points
Rd 4 - Roo 9 points. Man 6 points
Rd 5 - Roo 9 points. Man 9 points
Rd 6 - Roo 9 points. Man 6 points
Rd 7 - Roo 9 points. Child 4 points
Rd 8 - Roo 9 points. Man 8 points

Rounds 9-13... Fight

Rd 9 - Roo 9 points. Man 8 points
Rd 10 - Roo 9 points. Man 8 points
Rd 11 - Roo 9 points. Man 9 points
Rd 12 - Roo 9 points. Man 7 points
Rd 13 - Roo 9 points. Man/woman 5 points

The kangaroo wins the fight in a unanimous decision

I have been lucky enough to play fight with a medium sized kangaroo as one would with a dog. It was good fun but i wouldn't face up to one of those big boys. No way, they can really hurt you
There are some funny clips there lol

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just an idea, but maybe vehicles could be fitted with a device on the radiator grill that emits a high frequncy screeching sound that humans can't hear, but animals can?
That way the sound would set their teeth on edge and they'd get off the road quick.

I have one fitted. But it doesn't seem to work very well.
Hey @Reggie Belafonte have you heard of the shooroo? Are they any good? Mine doesn't seem to work well at all

Okay here's another idea- the loudspeaker could emit a very loud button-operated roo "alarm call" to make them hop off the road.
The only downside is that in a populated area people wouldn't like the noise, and also the driver would have to actually see the roo first in order to press the button, almost impossible at night.
The device might therefore be best suited to open roads in the outback, and at night it could be set to automatically go off at say 5-second intervals so that invisible roos on the road ahead would hear it.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay here's another idea- the loudspeaker could emit a very loud button-operated roo "alarm call" to make them hop off the road.
The only downside is that in a populated area people wouldn't like the noise, and also the driver would have to actually see the roo first in order to press the button, almost impossible at night.
The device might therefore be best suited to open roads in the outback, and at night it could be set to automatically go off at say 5-second intervals so that invisible roos on the road ahead would hear it.

Ok but there is no guarantee it will work and the driver has to hear that awful sound. I'd rather take my chances.
They can be curious creatures and will often come in to have a look first anyway

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A friend of mine, 55 years ago, killed three kangaroos in one go with his Cooper S mini. He had one roo dead on the bonnet of the car with the other two impaled on the door handles on each side of the car. With a visit to the panelling shop the Cooper S was back on the road quickly.

In those days it was nothing to be travelling well above the speed limits on roads with a thin bitumen strip and gravel on the sides to pass cars going the other way. Actually, the roads were much safer back then too.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Kangaroo looked like he was trying to befriend the dog in the first one, and the dog looked kinda cool with it.

The kangaroo also looked a little incredulous when he got popped, kinda like, "What the hell are you popping me for!" :p

Another American expert who is prepared to comment on anything based on his sound bite education videos.

Cause he did not take it in what was said in the link he provided.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL... Serious stuff for some people...:rolleyes:

Always gotta keep your eyes pealed. Never know when you're gonna get broadsided by an angry kangaroo. :eek:

04-The-21-kangaroos.gif

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have one fitted. But it doesn't seem to work very well.
Hey @Reggie Belafonte have you heard of the shooroo? Are they any good? Mine doesn't seem to work well at all
Yes I seen them when they first came out, never had one tho.
I think they work more in the way of when you have cattle all over the road and you are trying to cut through them all, like a few weeks ago I had come across a mob of cows being lead on the road for miles and I had to go through them or I would be an hour or 2 plodding along behind them. some times the buggers will kick your car as they run along, but being carful all was good.

Back in 1984 say Had a cop who pointed out that my mates car with the exhaust pointing to the ground Chev style scared the cows ? Mate who had a Bull said his Bull that is penned right next to their drive way that has no problems with such at all, Cop said to him were do you work and box head pointed out that he worked at Coppers treatment plant, the cop said I should of kept my mouth shut and walked away.

A mate who owns a dairy farm was with us and I had the same exhaust on my Van and never had seen any problems with the cows ever driving around the cattle. not to mention box heads car had a big cam that made it really thump away at idle and he was not allowed to drive up the driveway to a mates place at night, because his dad did not like hearing such at all, so when box head dropped him off he would get out and run in the dark about 70m to the house.

I have come across the big buck late at night standing on the road, I think they are up all night and the rest just sleep.
As to noise I do not think they care at all, I have hit the horn at them and no response to the big buck they just want to fight 24/7.
Had some of the locals were I once lived who were like that, must of imitated the Roo in their culture but some of the white idiots were just the same type of total morons 24/7.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is not the big Buck, he is only a little one just a submissive boy one. the big ones are like 7ft and they go for it full on, they do not stand around. they do not bight they can but that's not what they do, they have huge strength in their arms and that dude that punched would of been kicked and killed for sure if it was the king of all of the bucks, as they are much more aggressive. You would not get to see a top King of Roo's in a Zoo from out in the wild as all they do is want to fight for dominance. but lucky they are stupid ! and anyone is stupid if you try to have a go at one.

That one with the gloves on is a pet.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not the big Buck, he is only a little one just a submissive boy one. the big ones are like 7ft and they go for it full on, they do not stand around. they do not bight they can but that's not what they do, they have huge strength in their arms and that dude that punched would of been kicked and killed for sure if it was the king of all of the bucks, as they are much more aggressive. You would not get to see a top King of Roo's in a Zoo from out in the wild as all they do is want to fight for dominance. but lucky they are stupid ! and anyone is stupid if you try to have a go at one.

That one with the gloves on is a pet.

Ok, thanks for the heads up. :) I knew there was likely more to it when I was posting on this thread, I was just sort of making conversation to have a little fun. I don't plan on hugging any kangaroos anytime soon, not even if they make the trip all the way to Southern Louisiana just to pay me a visit.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A friend of mine, 55 years ago, killed three kangaroos in one go with his Cooper S mini. He had one roo dead on the bonnet of the car with the other two impaled on the door handles on each side of the car. With a visit to the panelling shop the Cooper S was back on the road quickly.

In those days it was nothing to be travelling well above the speed limits on roads with a thin bitumen strip and gravel on the sides to pass cars going the other way. Actually, the roads were much safer back then too.
Much safer roads back in 1967 yes as their were less cars and payed more attention to the road as you had to.

A few years ago my brother said out on patrol the idiot driving hit a Roo and it was kicking in pain and he was going to just shoot it, but she being green insisted they what for Vet, well the Vet came just as it died. How cruel and stupid my brother said she was, but she was a gringo knowing no better, or ignorant. A roo with busted legs can not be repaired and who knows what else is damaged broken ribs ? It's best to shoot such directly and put it out of pain. They on patrol were hitting Roo's one a month on average out their.

People do not understand the area of Land they are in, is or could be a whole different story in reality, just as with History of the past must be understood clearly, as people are not aware of the full reality's that was at hand at the time.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ok, thanks for the heads up. :) I knew there was likely more to it when I was posting on this thread, I was just sort of making conversation to have a little fun. I don't plan on hugging any kangaroos anytime soon, not even if they make the trip all the way to Southern Louisiana just to pay me a visit.
The Roo is a nice animal over all and will not hurt you at all. it's just knowing what is what, I do not fear Roo's but as with any animal one is best educated with what one is truly dealing with.
Some people play with snakes, I don't ! Some with Spiders, well I don't. I prefer to keep away from such dangers.

I was always out in the bush from a young age walking around and then got a motor bike and set off in the scrub all day long for miles, loved nothing better. ran over snakes, even jumped up with my boots on the seat at times in fear if they came up on to the bike, seen them rear up and watch you go by, road around them and even kicked one in the head as I went by, best I strike than him I thought at the time.
Road through that many spiders like you would not believe as I am the squadron leader mainly, been bitten many a time on the back of the neck even tho I punch at them on me or grab if I can squash them as soon as they hit you in the face.
I got a Paddymelon once caught in the forks and wheel.
Had Roo's out in the bush nearly run into me side on, had them run beside me a few feet away in full flight and I was like look at him go so cool to see how fast they can go.
I have tried to catch a Koala on the ground, good luck with that, they are fast and dodge about quick as and up a tree so fast, so impressive.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Had Roo's out in the bush nearly run into me side on, had them run beside me a few feet away in full flight and I was like look at him go so cool to see how fast they can go.

Haha I've had roos almost run into me as well instead of me running into them.

I saw a roo jump a 1m high farm fence once. It approached the wire and from a standing start he leaped over the top wire with ease. It was a small grey 5 footer

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Anyway, nobody needs organised religion to do their thinking for them..:)-

Jesus said:-"You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)

They got it right-
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith" (Heb 12:2)
"There is one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ" (1 Tim 2:5)
"There is no other name under heaven that can save us" (Acts 4:12)

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Haha I've had roos almost run into me as well instead of me running into them.

I saw a roo jump a 1m high farm fence once. It approached the wire and from a standing start he leaped over the top wire with ease. It was a small grey 5 footer
I seen Steve Austin jump directly up a couple of floors high maybe 6 ? just the other day and then he put a kid on his back and jumped back down from say 6 floors.
The 6 million dollar man back when ? was that show created. what would it be now $ but jumping from that high down would brake a mans back in reality. If it's on TV it's true !
That reminds me Joe Biden running up them stairs to the Air force one. not to mention all the other times I seen the idiot running about like a running fool that he is. 80yo and running about like a brat kid, what is he on ! ICE ? HAHA.