Man vs Kangaroo

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In the red corner we have the smartest animal on earth... Man
In the blue corner we have the kangaroo...
Its arms are strong. They have 5 digits with really sharp claws. They can lunge at you with them, grasp you anywhere or throw 3 or 4 punches in a second possibly clawing your eye out.
Their hind legs are even stronger. They stand on their tails and deliver heavy front kicks that can break legs. They have 3 toes, 2 small and one huge middle one with a big claw that is capable of disemboweling a human.
The bookmakers have kangaroo as the favorite but good luck man

Round one... Fight

Man comes out firing and wins the round 9 points to 8

Round 2... Fight

A 5 minute brawl. I give the old man 8 points for surviving such a fight but the roo wins the round with 9 points

Rounds 3-8... Fight

Rd 3 - Roo 9 points. Man 6 points
Rd 4 - Roo 9 points. Man 6 points
Rd 5 - Roo 9 points. Man 9 points
Rd 6 - Roo 9 points. Man 6 points
Rd 7 - Roo 9 points. Child 4 points
Rd 8 - Roo 9 points. Man 8 points

Rounds 9-13... Fight

Rd 9 - Roo 9 points. Man 8 points
Rd 10 - Roo 9 points. Man 8 points
Rd 11 - Roo 9 points. Man 9 points
Rd 12 - Roo 9 points. Man 7 points
Rd 13 - Roo 9 points. Man/woman 5 points

The kangaroo wins the fight in a unanimous decision

I have been lucky enough to play fight with a medium sized kangaroo as one would with a dog. It was good fun but i wouldn't face up to one of those big boys. No way, they can really hurt you

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You fought a kangaroo? Lol, it’s funny they bounce on their tails like that do.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You fought a kangaroo? Lol, it’s funny they bounce on their tails like that do.

It is funny how you can get your understanding so wrong from watching a "sound byte" of a kangaroo protecting itself from a man entering its territory/domain.

They use their tails to help keep their balance as they hop along on their two hind feet. The tail also helps them to bounce along as they travel quickly away from danger, but it does not touch the ground when they do so.

Two male kangaroos will fight each other so that they can protect "their" female herd that they breed with, from the other intruding kangaroo.

What you saw was probably a dominate male kangaroo protecting his herd of female kangaroos from this male "human" encroaching on his herd.

Ignorance is such bliss on your part.

You know, human males are not that much different in protecting their personal breeding stock.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never watched them, thank you for making it clear, I am ignorant in a lot of things @Jay Ross.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Decades ago, there was a circus that use to let people play fight against monkeys that came through town. The one rule was dont punch him in his twig and berries. Guy i worked with once told us about how he was drunk and got up there and straight punched this monkey in his nose hard as he could. Monkey got mad, and gave the guy time to punch the monkey in the land down under. That monkey almost killed the guy. :D:DHe used to tell us that monkey got him in a headlock, and wailed on him. He said that monkey was super strong and not to be messed with. That was the only time he got in the ring against an animal.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Decades ago, there was a circus that use to let people play fight against monkeys that came through town. The one rule was dont punch him in his twig and berries. Guy i worked with once told us about how he was drunk and got up there and straight punched this monkey in his nose hard as he could. Monkey got mad, and gave the guy time to punch the monkey in the land down under. That monkey almost killed the guy. :D:DHe used to tell us that monkey got him in a headlock, and wailed on him. He said that monkey was super strong and not to be messed with. That was the only time he got in the ring against an animal.

A chimp is several times stronger than man imagine a gorilla and they punch down like their using a hammer. Good luck trying to survive an attack by a gorilla

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's the Buck that you have to look out for, he is always fighting for dominance, he is King mongrel and as mad as they come out in the bush. always wanting to have a go !
I would warn my mum of that one and she would not listen as she liked to see him come about on the Ranch. she was on the phone to me once and said he was out front, and I said go get the gun and shoot it ! I will hole on the line, go and shoot it ! but no she would not.
Anther time she said this Roo stood in front of my car she was driving out down on the road, she stopped and it just stood their wanting to have a go, I said you should of just run into it, I would of ! That car had a bull bar, so I would not think twice. But I never lived at that Ranch.
I totally hate Roo's I have no time for them at all, the only good Roo is a dead one.
We had more Roo's than you could poke a stick at down on a clearing.
I had a road bike once and Bikes and Roo's just do not get on, that's more of a reason why I totally hate Roo's Zero time for them as I see them as overgrown Rats.

Just 2 weeks ago a bloke hit Roo on a road bike down past my brothers property and was killed by the Roo. The city people come out that way and come down his road at 200KM/H or more flat out past his place. I have seen them go by flat out and my brother just says there are Roo's down that way a lot of times and just shakes his head. plenty people been killed on that road and it's up and down side to side thing, that could through you out of a car at 100KM/H

Other Roo's are not like the King but they can get scared and then they go you. They will kill your dog easy as regardless what it is, I seen a mates dog cop it, went into the dam and stupid dog went in with it and it cut it's guts out with just one kick. Now a Dogs skin is tougher than a Mans.

Also Roo's can come into your car if you hit one on the road, they come in through the windscreen and then kick you to death.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's the Buck that you have to look out for, he is always fighting for dominance, he is King mongrel and as mad as they come out in the bush. always wanting to have a go !
I would warn my mum of that one and she would not listen as she liked to see him come about on the Ranch. she was on the phone to me once and said he was out front, and I said go get the gun and shoot it ! I will hole on the line, go and shoot it ! but no she would not.
Anther time she said this Roo stood in front of my car she was driving out down on the road, she stopped and it just stood their wanting to have a go, I said you should of just run into it, I would of ! That car had a bull bar, so I would not think twice. But I never lived at that Ranch.
I totally hate Roo's I have no time for them at all, the only good Roo is a dead one.
We had more Roo's than you could poke a stick at down on a clearing.
I had a road bike once and Bikes and Roo's just do not get on, that's more of a reason why I totally hate Roo's Zero time for them as I see them as overgrown Rats.

Just 2 weeks ago a bloke hit Roo on a road bike down past my brothers property and was killed by the Roo. The city people come out that way and come down his road at 200KM/H or more flat out past his place. I have seen them go by flat out and my brother just says there are Roo's down that way a lot of times and just shakes his head. plenty people been killed on that road and it's up and down side to side thing, that could through you out of a car at 100KM/H

Other Roo's are not like the King but they can get scared and then they go you. They will kill your dog easy as regardless what it is, I seen a mates dog cop it, went into the dam and stupid dog went in with it and it cut it's guts out with just one kick. Now a Dogs skin is tougher than a Mans.

Also Roo's can come into your car if you hit one on the road, they come in through the windscreen and then kick you to death.

Oh Reggie leave the poor roos alone. LoL.
Its their turf that your riding your bike through so its up to you to be careful.

Its also worth mentioning the various types of roos we have in Australia.
The red kangaroo is only found up north (not sure how far up north) they're much bigger than the species found down south.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh Reggie leave the poor roos alone. LoL.
Its their turf that your riding your bike through so its up to you to be careful.

Its also worth mentioning the various types of roos we have in Australia.
The red kangaroo is only found up north (not sure how far up north) they're much bigger than the species found down south.
People I know have hit Roo's and were killed, so I am not a fan of letting big numbers of them run loose.
I remember Driving in NZ I still could not get out of the habit of having be ready to hit the brakes for Roo's I had hired a VF Commodore.

I hit a Roo once on the highway on my ZX10 Ninja lucky I was flat out. I hit it as I was passing a bus and went up that high that I could see the legs of the people in the bus the lights were on inside the bus as it was night time.
Many near misses in the cars, a mate swerved one night and clipped a Roo it tore the rubber strip off the bumper of his VB Commodore.
The last I hit was a wallaby with it's joey, planted 2 teeth marks in the bonnet from the wallaby and 2 smaller teeth marks from the joey.

Echidna you have to look out for as well, you run over them and you have 2 tyres finished off for good.

The problem is with people who want Roo's to be in plague numbers everywhere. A mate just rang me now and said he is moving from his property soon sold out ! and they had wallaby's like 100 of them as I drove in and out, I went out with them in their car and said do you want me to come a shoot all them over grown rats for you, they said No ! they keep the grass down but Pee wee still has to slash it all. he was just saying how much that cost in fuel.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
People I know have hit Roo's and were killed, so I am not a fan of letting big numbers of them run loose.
I remember Driving in NZ I still could not get out of the habit of having be ready to hit the brakes for Roo's I had hired a VF Commodore.

I hit a Roo once on the highway on my ZX10 Ninja lucky I was flat out. I hit it as I was passing a bus and went up that high that I could see the legs of the people in the bus the lights were on inside the bus as it was night time.
Many near misses in the cars, a mate swerved one night and clipped a Roo it tore the rubber strip off the bumper of his VB Commodore.
The last I hit was a wallaby with it's joey, planted 2 teeth marks in the bonnet from the wallaby and 2 smaller teeth marks from the joey.

Echidna you have to look out for as well, you run over them and you have 2 tyres finished off for good.

The problem is with people who want Roo's to be in plague numbers everywhere. A mate just rang me now and said he is moving from his property soon sold out ! and they had wallaby's like 100 of them as I drove in and out, I went out with them in their car and said do you want me to come a shoot all them over grown rats for you, they said No ! they keep the grass down but Pee wee still has to slash it all. he was just saying how much that cost in fuel.

You would love Tasmania then... Every few kms you see road kill. And your asking for it if you drive at night. But the roos here are small and rare. It's mostly small wallabies and pademelons that would do little damage to a bullbar. I think wombats and echidnas would be worse to hit.

Actually the worse thing you could hit in the south eastern states is a stag deer.
Years ago as I was going to Mt Hotham in Vic St night I drove past a stag as it was grazing on the side of the road. I stopped to go back and have a better look. This stag was massive. It must of weight a ton literally 1,000kgs. And it's antlers were huge. I felt like if it wanted to it could of easily flipped the car onto its roof with its antlers

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just an idea, but maybe vehicles could be fitted with a device on the radiator grill that emits a high frequncy screeching sound that humans can't hear, but animals can?
That way the sound would set their teeth on edge and they'd get off the road quick.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just an idea, but maybe vehicles could be fitted with a device on the radiator grill that emits a high frequncy screeching sound that humans can't hear, but animals can?
That way the sound would set their teeth on edge and they'd get off the road quick.

I have one fitted. But it doesn't seem to work very well.
Hey @Reggie Belafonte have you heard of the shooroo? Are they any good? Mine doesn't seem to work well at all

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you saw was probably a dominate male kangaroo protecting his herd of female kangaroos from this male "human" encroaching on his herd.

Kangaroo looked like he was trying to befriend the dog in the first one, and the dog looked kinda cool with it.

The kangaroo also looked a little incredulous when he got popped, kinda like, "What the hell are you popping me for!" :p