Mans Inability to come to Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW- I'm sorry for making things personal with you today about healing, that was not nice and I ask you to forgive me for offending you. I will just opt out of those kinds of discussions with you because I know we see things differently with the gifts. So once again I'm sorry.

Refreshing post @Christophany ,
CL and I disagree on several things yet...we still have unity and friendship in The Lord.
There is a take away from every single post, IMHO...either it is something to think on or it is something (with discernment) we just filter out...I've learned from some of the most offensive, from those I do not agree with on all things God and scripture, as well as those who post regularly...in agreement with me or not!
His blessings abundant!

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. All of us have human bodies that possess a sinful nature, and we are all subject to that sinful nature. If we are born again, we possess that sinful nature still, but we also have a Christ-like nature within us.
Yes we are born again with God Spirit dwelling our carnal/sinful nature or body of sin. But Christ has given us the victory and ability to overcome that nature and live in obedience to Him through submitting our will to His will as our Lord. Greater is He that is in you that he that is in the world. By the power of the Resurrrected Christ who conquered sin, death and the devil we can live a victorious life. Are we sinless- no but in our lives we should find ourselves sinning less and less.

Romans 6:1-7
What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. All of us have human bodies that possess a sinful nature, and we are all subject to that sinful nature. If we are born again, we possess that sinful nature still, but we also have a Christ-like nature within us.

and @Christophany

Isn't it our sin nature that produces sin? If we are dead to sin, isn't it because our sin nature was crucified with Christ? I believe that is why if we have the Holy Spirit in us we are not in that old nature, but in the born again nature that partakes of the divine nature of God. I also do not believe we go in and out of the new nature.

However, that being said, I do believe we can willfully go against our new nature and quench the Spirit, which is why Paul commanded to never do that. It is dangerous to find yourself in the hands of an angry God!

Last edited:
Reactions: MattMooradian