Many Are Called But Few Chosen = Matthew 22;1-10

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 22;1-10

And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come. Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage. But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

Matthew 20:16
So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Mark 13:19-20
For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which GOD created unto this time, neither shall be. And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom He hath chosen, He hath shortened the days.

John 15:16
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, He may give it you.

John 15:19
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the Children of God.

Acts 11:25-26
Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul: And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

I John 3:1-3
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is. And every man that hath this hope in Him purifieth himself, even as He is pure.

AMEN

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a effectual call restricted to the chosen/elect of God in Salvation, connected with Gods Eternal Purpose of Election 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

AMEN
Dear Miz JKV Only,

Do you understand what Christ does to "call" the many out from the world?

And from the many who are called out, do you understand what Christ does to give the free gift of salvation to only the 'few" who have been chosen for salvation in this age?

To accomplish the salvation of only the Elect, Christ created a Pathway to Salvation the Elect will travel.

The Nation of Israel "typed" this pathway.

The Nation of Israel, as an entire nation, was called out from the world. Their Red Sea baptism was a "type" for the Early Rain. The nation then fell away and became children of the Devil. This was the nation's spiritual condition when Christ came in the flesh to them.

At this time when Christ began His ministry, John the Baptist was sent to the Nation of Israel to make the call of repentance from "works" so that the pathway for Christ's Elect would be made "straight".

Note: The straight way is by faith and the crooked way is by man's works. The crooked way is what Satan's "another gospel" teaches and that is why Satan is called the "crooked" serpent.

The Jews who responded to Elijah's call of repentance and who never turned back, were those who had been "chosen" from the foundation of the world. They numbered 120 and were the individuals who waited for the Lord to "come again" in the upper room. Then on the Day of Pentecost, the Lord came a second time and poured out the Latter Rain. Peter described their experience in Acts chapter 2.

For the Gentiles under the New Covenant, the pathway is the same.

Here is what scripture reveals about the Gentile Elect:

A Gentile unbeliever is called out from the world when they receive the Early Rain. This is the Holy Spirit of Promise and is only an earnest amount.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of Promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

After a person receives the Early Rain, they will receive a measure of faith and will enter the church. However, because the Spirit is only a down payment of the full amount which is given with the Latter Rain, the new believer will remain carnally minded and spiritually blind (Mark 8:21-25).

Because the new believer remains unconverted, Satan will take advantage of this situation:

Mat 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself SEVEN other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

The spiritual symbol of an unclean spirit represents a spirit which teaches Satan's false truth through lies and deceptions.

Since a new believer remains spiritually blind (Mark 8:21-25) after receiving the Early Rain of the Spirit (the Holy Spirit of Promise, Eph 1:13-14), they cannot replace their worldly false beliefs with the truth of Christ. ONE unclean spirit leaves but comes back with SEVEN more. The number "seven" represents perfection. In this case, the number seven represents the perfection of Satan's lies/deceptions which come to a believer by the indwelling of the spirit of anti-Christ. Now, instead of ONE unclean spirit within the believer, they now have EIGHT. The number eight is a spiritual symbol which represents a new spiritual condition. In this case, the new spiritual condition is worse than the first.

This "worse than the first" spiritual condition causes the believer to become a False Prophet, a Man of Sin, a Minister of Satan and a Seven Headed Beast with Ten Horns & Crowns.

This is what caused the apostasy of the church shortly after the deaths of the Apostles. Paul said this:

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. 31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

Though not a lot of scripture teaches about the coming apostasy, Paul verbally told his churches about it for three years. It was a very distressing time for Paul and it caused him to shed a lot of tears. We should not take Paul's warning lightly.

The apostate church as replaced all the churches the Apostles started. Even to this day, the church remains carnally minded, spiritually blind and under the deceptions of Satan via the spirit of anti-Christ. For this reason, the churches all teach "another gospel" and they follow "another Jesus". The false gospel of Satan teaches a doctrine of works. When a new believer accepts this false gospel, it will cause them to fall away and be broken (lose their salvation). This is the sin that leads to death which Paul and John both mentioned.

This apostate spiritual condition is where today's church finds itself (all 2,000 different denominations/sects). Everyone in the church is at the mercy of Christ to come to them a second time to restore their salvation with the Latter Rain.

This is the same spiritual condition that Christ found the Nation of Israel in when He came to them in the flesh.

And just as Christ did with the Nation of Israel, Christ will send a servant in the spirit of Elijah to His fallen away Elect in the church. Christ does this by sending a converted Elect believer to them individually with the same call of repentance from works. This event has been happening over and over again to all the Elect since the time the apostasy came to the church.

James teaches this truth here:

James 5:17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit. 19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

Note:
The "3 1/2 years" of drought is a symbol for the time a believer will spend between receiving the Early and the Latter Rain. It is a time of drought when the believer will fall away (as I have explained above). This time period also represents the last 3 1/2 years remaining of Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy. This last 3 1/2 years is spiritually and individually fulfilled under the New Covenant.

After a fallen away Elect believer responds to Elijah's call and the pathway has been made straight, Christ will "come again" and pour out the Latter Rain - just like He did for the 120 Jewish Elect. Their days as a Man of Sin in the apostate church will be "shortened" (Mat 24:22) so that the "ends of the ages" (1Cor 10:11) come upon them before they die.

What I have explained above is what Christ does to build His true church. And just as James says, it takes both the Early and Latter Rains to build it:

Jam 5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receives the EARLY and LATTER RAIN. 8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

Joe

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
There is a effectual call restricted to the chosen/elect of God in Salvation, connected with Gods Eternal Purpose of Election 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
This is true. Good observation. All men everywhere are called by God to repentance by the gospel (Acts 17), but only those repenting of sinning are then called in Christ to live holy as He is holy. (1 Peter 1)

God cannot call unrepented sinners to live holy, because they haven't repented of sinning. He can only command and call them to repentance.

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Repent first and believe His gospel, then He calls us to be saints in Christ Jesus. (Romans 1)

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is true. Good observation. All men everywhere are called by God to repentance by the gospel (Acts 17), but only those repenting of sinning are then called in Christ to live holy as He is holy. (1 Peter 1)

God cannot call unrepented sinners to live holy, because they haven't repented of sinning. He can only command and call them to repentance.

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Repent first and believe His gospel, then He calls us to be saints in Christ Jesus. (Romans 1)
Sorry, only Gods elect everywhere are called to repentance, in fact given repentance which causes them to repent.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Sorry, only Gods elect everywhere are called to repentance, in fact given repentance which causes them to repent.
Sorry, not all men everywhere are God's elect.

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

You need to go by the Bible, if you want to correct my teaching, as I do you.

Reactions: Cassandra

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
There is a effectual call restricted to the chosen/elect of God in Salvation,

That is John Calvinism nonsense.

Listen,

The Cross is doing the Calling as the word goes out.

Jesus said...>"if i be LIFTED UP (on the Cross) I will Draw ALL People to me'.

Not just the Elect.

"ALL"..

Just like John 3:16 says....>"God gave His Son to the WORLD".... not just to the Elect, as the Cross denying Heretic John Calvin teaches.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, not all men everywhere are God's elect.

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

You need to go by the Bible, if you want to correct my teaching, as I do you.
God has a elect people everywhere friend.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Listen,

Not just the Elect.

"ALL"..

Just like John 3:16 says....>"God gave His Son to the WORLD".... not just to the Elect, as the Cross denying Heretic John Calvin teaches.
That there is a effectual call restricted to Gods elect is truth you just dont believe.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Listen,

Not just the Elect.

"ALL"..

Jesus chooses, His elect.

John 15:16 - You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

2 Thessalonians 2:12-14 - But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

John 17:8-10 - “I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. 10 And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them.

Reactions: dev553344

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus chooses, His elect.

Faith Elects

That is how God chooses.

What Calvin could not understand is that God knowing everything, before it happens, is not the same as God CAUSING It all to happen.

Calvin re-defined GOD's "Fore-Knowledge" as 'Pre-Destined', and that is the "doctrine of Devil's" = simplified version of John Calvinism.

So, because Calvin was unable to comprehend that distinction.. he twisted this verse...>"Predestined to be conformed".... ... He totally changed it into John Calvinism's "pre-destined Elect", = God chooses you to be saved, or NOT.

He then applied that demonic twisting of the verse to deny the Cross of Christ by creating.....>"Limited Atonement" .

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith Elects

That is how God chooses.

What Calvin could not understand is that God knowing everything, before it happens, is not the same as God CAUSING It all to happen.

Calvin re-defined GOD's "Fore-Knowledge" as 'Pre-Destined', and that is the "doctrine of Devil's" = simplified version of John Calvinism.

So, because Calvin was unable to comprehend that distinction.. he twisted this verse...>"Predestined to be conformed".... ... He totally changed it into John Calvinism's "pre-destined Elect", = God chooses you to be saved, or NOT.

He then applied that demonic twisting of the verse to deny the Cross of Christ by creating.....>"Limited Atonement" .
Erase Calvin from your brain. Just use the word of God. Don't bring up Calvinism or Arminianism. Just the word of God.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvinism would demonstrate that God only wants certain people. I think that is blasphemous. Jesus was not willing that any should perish, but that all come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

And if everyone is not called, why even bother with repentance and salvation? Who saves the others?

God is no respecter of persons. Romans 2:11

34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. 36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all" Acts 10:34-36

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvinism would demonstrate that God only wants certain people. I think that is blasphemous. Jesus was not willing that any should perish, but that all come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

And if everyone is not called, why even bother with repentance and salvation? Who saves the others?

God is no respecter of persons. Romans 2:11

34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. 36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all" Acts 10:34-36
I think there needs to be made a distinction between called and chosen to serve God and simply God saving everyone he desires, which is the many people not called or chosen. God calls and chooses a few to proclaim his word to people like the apostles in the bible. There are many that think they hold this calling and don't. They often preach false doctrine. It's a problem these days that was predicted in the bible.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I think there needs to be made a distinction between called and chosen to serve God and simply God saving everyone he desires, which is the many people not called or chosen. God calls and chooses a few to proclaim his word to people like the apostles in the bible. There are many that think they hold this calling and don't. They often preach false doctrine. It's a problem these days that was predicted in the bible.

The Cross of Christ is the John 3:16.... Call to come and receive Jesus and be born again...... This Call is to the "world".

Think of it as the Gospel Lighthouse, always shining SALVATION = to lost humanity who are in the sea of darkness.

And of those who come to the Cross, ... and are born again.... some are "chosen" to be a part of the Ministry.

Apostles
Prophets
Pastor
Evangelist
Teacher
Minstrel (minister of Music)

And these can overlap... somewhat., and this call is an anointing that is a GIFT...Just like Salvation is a Gift.

"and the GIFTS and CALLINGS of GOD are without Repentance" = He will never take it back. Its a forever Gift., not earned, and not kept.

Its SUPPLIED...Its IMPUTED< its CAUSED TO HAPPEN< by God Himself.

All we can do is RECEIVE The Gift.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are teaching John Calvinism.

That's your brain, not my theology.

Wake up
You are always saying the C word. I was called to teach over 40 years ago. I talk to Jesus, not mr. C. The word of God is all I use. But not you, you blame others for the Word of God, that you think is Mr. C'ism.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith Elects

That is how God chooses.

Thats a false teaching

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are always saying the C word. I was called to teach over 40 years ago. I talk to Jesus, not mr. C. The word of God is all I use. But not you, you blame others for the Word of God, that you think is Mr. C'ism.

Thank you for your resume'.

Am i to respond also, in like carnal manner and compare mine with yours?

I'll pass....thx, unless you need me to share it with you.

So, just understand this...

God is not a Calvinist.
Jesus is not a Calvinist
The Holy Spirit is Not a Calvinist.
Paul the Apostle is not a Calvinist
John Calvinism is not the truth.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Thats a false teaching

Denying the Cross, and trodding underfoot the blood of Jesus is to teach that the Cross, and Jesus dying on the Cross, is limited to John Calvinism's = pre-destined bible twisting heresy.

Do do that.
Stop doing that, @brightfame52

God is not a Calvinist
Jesus is not a Calvinist
The Holy Spirit is not a Calvinst
The Apostle Paul is not a Calvinist.
The NT rejects John Calvinism's Limited Atonement, as that is Cross Rejecting Satanic Theology.

• Love