MARK 6:3 DID JESUS HAVE BROTHERS AND SISTERS ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. The Bible says that Jesus of Nazareth was the only sinless human being who ever lived
Would you please show WHERE the Bible makes this claim??

Chapter and Verse, please . . .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - that's NOT what the "Bible say".

Show me the chapter and verse that talks about Mary having other children.
CAN you do that?
once again, Matthew 1:25 and post #169.

and the last if you cannot get it naturally, let's learn Spiritually. Colossians 1:18 "And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence".

so is there any to come AFTER him?... :eek:

PICJAG

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Marymog You might think you are 'winning' this discussion Mary, but you know what, you really aren't. I just think you enjoy arguing for the sake of it and it just goes round in circles. How can we compete with someone who does not belief the simple words of scripture but prefers the spin put on it by the RCC to satisfy their twisted teachings.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
once again, Matthew 1:25 and post #169.

and the last if you cannot get it naturally, let's learn Spiritually. Colossians 1:18 "And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence".

so is there any to come AFTER him?... :eek:

PICJAG
Do you have ANY idea what this verse means - "Firstborn from the dead"??
It means that He ROSE from the dead. He is the first to be resurrected.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with His natural birth from Mary.

As for Matt. 1:25 - it says: ". . . but kept her a virgin until she gave birth to a Son; and he called His name Jesus."

Let’s see what the Scriptures say about the use of the word, “until”.

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child until the day of her death.
Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?

Let’s also examine Acts 2:34-35 (also see Psalm 110:1, Matt 22:44): For David did not go up into heaven, but he himself said: 'The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool."'

Are we to surmise that Jesus will cease to sit at the right hand of the Father after his enemies are made his footstool? The problem here is that you anti-Catholics attempts to apply 21st century English to Hebrew and Greek from a culture thousands of years ago.

In short - your ignorance is blinding you again . . .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a misdirection.

Scripture is silent on Mary having any other children than Jesus therefor "silence of Scripture" is valid in our discussion.

Mary
Scripture does not say Mary did not have other children. So she must have.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very impressive marks. I LOVE the way you made your point....:)

I will TRULY use Occam's Razor: The simple solution to the question "Did Mary have other children" comes from these two passages:

Is not this (Jesus) the carpenter, the son of Mary and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon, and are not his sisters here with us?”

They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.

Very simply put (Occam's Razor) only Jesus was called "the son of Mary" or "Mary the mother of Jesus" in these passages.

Mary

Well, Jesus was identified by His relationship to Mary, His mother, and to James et al, His brothers, and also having sisters.

The passage does not say whether James and Judas were were brothers, nor does it say that the sisters were Simon's sisters, but then . . .

what the passage is portraying is Jesus' relationship to each of these, not their relationship to each other. That is the structure of the passage.

So this continues an argument from silence, while my argument comes from the plain reading of the text.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. The Bible says that Jesus of Nazareth was the only sinless human being who ever lived, and even Mary acknowledged Christ as her Savior. But here are the lies of the RCC:

There is One Name under heaven by which men must be saved.

I guess Mary didn't need to be saved under Jesus' name . . . because she was a woman? Uh . . .

OK. Not.

Much love!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog You might think you are 'winning' this discussion Mary, but you know what, you really aren't. I just think you enjoy arguing for the sake of it and it just goes round in circles. How can we compete with someone who does not belief the simple words of scripture but prefers the spin put on it by the RCC to satisfy their twisted teachings.
If quoting scripture makes we a winner, then so be it.

I don't argue. I state facts by quoting Scripture.

I believe in the "simple words of Scripture". Scripture says that Jesus was the son of Mary. It does not say anyone else was the son of Mary. It's not a circular argument....It's just fact.

Mary

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That makes no sense....

Well . . . you had said that Scripture doesn't say Mary had other children, so she didn't.

I said, Scripture never says that Mary did not have other children, so she did.

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Both are equally arguments from . . . silence.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If quoting scripture makes we a winner, then so be it.
It does not say anyone else was the son of Mary. It's not a circular argument....It's just fact.

It does not say no one else was a son of Mary. . . and round and round we go, where it stops . . .

Much love!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have ANY idea what this verse means - "Firstborn from the dead"??
It means that He ROSE from the dead. He is the first to be resurrected.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with His natural birth from Mary.

As for Matt. 1:25 - it says: ". . . but kept her a virgin until she gave birth to a Son; and he called His name Jesus."

Let’s see what the Scriptures say about the use of the word, “until”.

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child until the day of her death.
Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?

Let’s also examine Acts 2:34-35 (also see Psalm 110:1, Matt 22:44): For David did not go up into heaven, but he himself said: 'The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool."'

Are we to surmise that Jesus will cease to sit at the right hand of the Father after his enemies are made his footstool? The problem here is that you anti-Catholics attempts to apply 21st century English to Hebrew and Greek from a culture thousands of years ago.

In short - your ignorance is blinding you again . . .
it do, it shows that after the "FIRSTBORN" come more after, and mary had more children after she birthed the Body of the Lord Jesus. now if you cannot graps the understanding then stay in darkness. I'm not about to argue about something the bible is clear on.

PICJAG.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Jesus was identified by His relationship to Mary, His mother, and to James et al, His brothers, and also having sisters.

The passage does not say whether James and Judas were were brothers, nor does it say that the sisters were Simon's sisters, but then . . .

what the passage is portraying is Jesus' relationship to each of these, not their relationship to each other. That is the structure of the passage.

So this continues an argument from silence, while my argument comes from the plain reading of the text.

Much love!
Hey Marks,

The James theory was debunked by my use of Scripture in my post #73 and BOL's post......We should move on.

The plain reading of the text DOES NOT call the children of Mary sooooooo stop pretending it does. You are not plainly reading text when you add to it. ;)

Thank you....Mary

PS....I know you are the type of person that has to have the last word soooooo have at it....:rolleyes:

Reactions: BreadOfLife

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it do, it shows that after the "FIRSTBORN" come more after, and mary had more children after she birthed the Body of the Lord Jesus. now if you cannot graps the understanding then stay in darkness. I'm not about to argue about something the bible is clear on.

PICJAG.
Then, show me the chapter and verse where it talks about Mary's other children.

STILL waiting . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not say no one else was a son of Mary. . . and round and round we go, where it stops . . .

Much love!
It started 500 years ago during the revolution when the seeds of confusion were planted into the Christian Churches by men who couldn't even agree with each other but they all just knew they were right because the Holy Spirit told them they were right.....It will never stop now....:(

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well . . . you had said that Scripture doesn't say Mary had other children, so she didn't.

I said, Scripture never says that Mary did not have other children, so she did.

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Both are equally arguments from . . . silence.

Much love!
Actually - they're not from "silence".
The "named adelphoi" of Jesus have been shown to be the children of another woman.

Until you can show that they are from Mary, mother of Jesus - you LOSE this argument . . .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then, show me the chapter and verse where it talks about Mary's other children.

STILL waiting . . .
you have them, and just keep on waiting you'll catch up to them sonner or later.

you can take a horse to the water, but you cain't make it drink..... see ya.

PICJAG.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is One Name under heaven by which men must be saved.

I guess Mary didn't need to be saved under Jesus' name . . . because she was a woman? Uh . . .

OK. Not.

Much love!
Mary DID have a Savior (Luke 1:47). He simply applied saving grace to her BEFORE she was born.
What?? YOU don't think God is capable of this??

MY Bible says that with God - ALL things are possible (Matt. 19:26).
MY Bible says that God is OUTSIDE of time and is NOT bound by time constraints like WE are (2 Pet. 3:8).
MY Bible also says that Christ's sacrifice is ETERNAL and that He was slain "before the foundations of the world" (Rev. 13:8) so He could apply this ANY time He wants.
How do you think the Thief on the cross got to be in Paradise BEFORE the Resurrection happened in OUR time??

The little god YOU'VE invented for yourself is pretty pathetic compared to the God of Scripture . . .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It started 500 years ago during the revolution when the seeds of confusion were planted into the Christian Churches by men who couldn't even agree with each other but they all just knew they were right because the Holy Spirit told them they were right.....It will never stop now....:(

Um . . . I think it started 2000 years ago when the Apostles told us about Jesus' family, then someone came along and wanted to make it into more. Someone who introduces doubt about the Scriptures. Someone who isn't as concerned about matching what the Bible says.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you have them, and just keep on waiting you'll catch up to them sonner or later.

you can take a horse to the water, but you cain't make it drink..... see ya.

PICJAG.
And you can lead a man to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.

Reactions: Pearl