MARK 6:3 DID JESUS HAVE BROTHERS AND SISTERS ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRUE, as for believers, but Not biological brothers and sisters.

PICJAG.

No. Jesus had biological mother and brothers. Jesus was surrounded by his believers already when his biological mother and brothers came looking for him...
Luke 8:19
"And His mother and brothers came to Him, and they were unable to get to Him because of the crowd. And it was reported to Him, “Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, wishing to see You"

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We're just playing 'ping-pong' now. It's pointless and getting nowhere. Nobody will change their views.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Jesus had biological mother and brothers. Jesus was surrounded by his believers already when his biological mother and brothers came looking for him...
Luke 8:19
"And His mother and brothers came to Him, and they were unable to get to Him because of the crowd. And it was reported to Him, “Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, wishing to see You"
ok, who was the Lord Jesus biological father?

don't misunderstand me, by sheer birth of the flesh.

PICJAG

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmm I don't think I said that "Jesus didn't have siblings".

In effect I am saying that Mary had only one child; Jesus.
NOPE. Mary had other children.

Luke 18:19-20
And His mother and brothers came to Him, and they were unable to get to Him because of the crowd. And it was reported to Him, “Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, wishing to see You".

"His mother and his brothers" were OUTSIDE the crowd of the believers. His biological mother and brothers wanted to pull Jesus aside but He said "Whoever does the will of my Father is my mother and my brother". Eventually, Jesus' biological mother and brother ALSO became His spiritual brother (James, the pastor of the Jerusalem church).

Luke 18:19-20 is talking about his BIOLOGICAL mother and brothers, not his spiritual ones.

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PICJAG

Jesus had no biological Father. His mother was Mary who was a Virgin when He was conceived by the Holy Spirit in her womb. Joseph was betrothed to Mary but they never had sex before Jesus Christ was conceived. The Body of Jesus Christ was created by God in Mary's womb. Jesus' mother was Mary, and by her Seed He is the Son of David. But Jesus had no earthly father. His Father is God.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PICJAG

You really should then ask, who was Adam's biological father?

Jesus was conceived by The Holy Spirit, as written. Mary was not impregnated by man.

Reactions: Jon Mathews

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus was conceived by The Holy Spirit, as written. Mary was not impregnated by man.

Yes. You've spoken the Truth. Jesus Christ is the "second Adam" because He is only the 2nd man who was created by God Himself, without using the seed of any man. Adam's mother was the Earth. His Father was God. Jesus' mother was the Virgin Mary. His Father is God. Both Adam and Jesus were born without sin. They were both Created perfect and free of iniquity, by the will of God, not the will of human flesh.

Reactions: Pearl

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

first thanks for the reply, second, bingo, the Holy Spirit is the conciever of that .... "CHILD" that Mary birthed. she did not birth a Spirit.

now knowing that, let's answer your question, who is Adam's biological father?. God the Spirit. here's why, Adam cam from the Ground, "earth" and God made the earth. must we go any futher?. for he took him from the EARTH, which he is the creator, or father of.

PICJAG.

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're just playing 'ping-pong' now. It's pointless and getting nowhere. Nobody will change their views.

You don't know that. I will continue to Preach the Truth of God's Word because I have hope that some people will see what is clearly written and will turn from Lies to the Truth of God. I know not everyone will. But even if not 1 person turns from Lies, I can't help but preach the Truth of God's Word. It's what I was born to do, and I'll do it whether anyone listens or not.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. You've spoken the Truth. Jesus Christ is the "second Adam" because He is only the 2nd man who was created by God Himself, without using the seed of any man. Adam's mother was the Earth. His Father was God. Jesus' mother was the Virgin Mary. His Father is God. Both Adam and Jesus were born without sin. They were both Created perfect and free of iniquity, by the will of God, not the will of human flesh.
first thanks for the post, second, let look at what you said, "Jesus Christ is the "second Adam" because He is only the 2nd man who was created by God Himself". when you said created by God, you mean that felsh that he dwelt in yes or no?.

PICJAG.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You don't know that. I will continue to Preach the Truth of God's Word because I have hope that some people will see what is clearly written and will turn from Lies to the Truth of God. I know not everyone will. But even if not 1 person turns from Lies, I can't help but preach the Truth of God's Word. It's what I was born to do, and I'll do it whether anyone listens or not.
Preaching is one thing. Preaching is good. But I think there comes a time when we have to stop casting our pearls before swine. i.e. People who don't appreciate the truth.

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens: . . .
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, bingo, the Holy Spirit is the conciever of that .... "CHILD" that Mary birthed. she did not birth a Spirit.

now knowing that, let's answer your question, who is Adam's biological father?. God the Spirit. here's why, Adam cam from the Ground, "earth" and God made the earth. must we go any futher?. for he took him from the EARTH, which he is the creator, or father of.

PICJAG.

I never asked who Adam's father was....I already said Adam's father was God and his mother was the Earth. On this point you are correct, but you've left the original topic of the OP. The topic at hand is Jesus had brothers.

Was James the biological brother of Jesus Christ, having the same biological mother Mary? Yes or No?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 1:15 "Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
Philippians 1:16 "The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
Philippians 1:17 "But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
Philippians 1:18 "What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

some knowledge will come, one way or another.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never asked who Adam's father was....I already said Adam's father was God and his mother was the Earth. Now you're talking right, but you've left the topic of the OP. The topic was Jesus had brothers. Was James the biological brother of Jesus Christ, having the same biological mother Mary? Yes or No?
No, not the same biologial Mother, but the same "birth" mother.

PICJAG.

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not the same biologial Mother, but the same "birth" mother.

PICJAG.

And that's where you're wrong. James faith did not come from Mary. It came from God, and that is why James came to believe his biological brother Jesus was the Christ, the only Begotten of the Father. And believing this, James became both a biological brother AND a spiritual Brother of Jesus Christ.

You are still denying the Truth of God's Word, as written in Luke 8:19-20:
"And His mother and brothers came to Him, and they were unable to get to Him because of the crowd. And it was reported to Him, “Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, wishing to see You.”

If Jesus "mother" here is biological, so are his "brothers" in this passage. You are trying to pervert the Word of God if you're trying to say Jesus' "mother" was biological, but his "brothers" were not. That is a lie against the Word of God.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you don't see anybody, for we walk by faith and not by sight. hence your problem. Romans 8:5 "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; (Who is "We"?? Do you ave a mouse in your pocket?? Because I don't see ANYBODY), fleshly minded. lol.

and "Vain babbling". they was not in the same place, a great gulf fix was between them, how hard is it to understand?. see, you told an untruth and now you're stuck with it. your incomprehension of the scriptures needs to be arrested and locked for a long time. and ........ trow away the key........ o_O

you said, "they could SEE and communicate with each other". so?, that's nothing new, our brother Stephen saw the Lord, and spoke with him, but they was not in the same place. ..... :D ... (smile).

just like we have told others, if you just want to run your mouth, that's what facebook and tweeter are for. good day.

PICJAG
News flash, Einstein:
Comparing St. Stephen and the Rich man is Apples and Oranges.

Stephen was filled with the Holy Spirit when he saw Jesus in Heaven, which gave him tht ability.
The Rich Man was condemned - yet he was STILL able to communicate with Abraham and Lazarus.

WHY?? Because they were ALL in the SAME place that was divided by a great chasm.
Heaven had not yet been opened - nor was Hell.

Ummmm, if you're going to keep saying "We" - make sure there are others here that buy into your perverted gospel message . . .

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the post, second, let look at what you said, "Jesus Christ is the "second Adam" because He is only the 2nd man who was created by God Himself". when you said created by God, you mean that felsh that he dwelt in yes or no?.

PICJAG.

Yes. The flesh that Christ dwelt in (the body of Jesus of Nazareth) was created by God and not by any man's seed. God took the seed of the Virgin Mary, added a "Y" chromosome, and formed the body of Jesus in the womb of Mary. Then Christ ENTERED that body of Jesus while it was still in the womb. Christ has come in the flesh of Jesus of Nazareth and God Himself created that flesh and blood body using only the seed of the Virgin Mary.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PICJAG
Why would a person continue to argue with someone who is basically saying the same thing & try to split hairs with him? He is saying that Mary was not a perpetual virgin as the RCC claims , and that Jesus had siblings --i.e. half brothers & sisters but in the biological sense, for lack of better word, none the less. Some people just must love to argue. Obviously they did not share the same father with Jesus, they were however birthed through the same womb as He was.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's where you're wrong. James faith did not come from Mary. It came from God, and that is why James came to believe his biological brother Jesus was the Christ, the only Begotten of the Father. And believing this, James became both a biological brother AND a spiritual Brother of Jesus Christ.

You are still denying the Truth of God's Word, as written in Luke 8:19-20:
"And His mother and brothers came to Him, and they were unable to get to Him because of the crowd. And it was reported to Him, “Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, wishing to see You.”

If Jesus "mother" was biological, so were his "brothers" in this passage. You are trying to pervert the Word of God if you're trying to say Jesus' "mother" was biological, but his "brothers" were not.
first thanks for the reply, second, incorrect on your part. May was only a surrogate mother to the Lord Jesus. even adoptive children, (which have no biologial attachment to the guarding parent), will call them "mother". just as the Lord Jesus sid when dying, John 19:26 "When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!". so was Mary, the disciple whom he love, his biologial mother? no. so just because someone call a woman mother, don't mean biologial mother. my god how hard is it to understand. so your Luke 8:19-20 is reproved.

now, knowing this, it is you who is denying the word of God. only by BIRTH not by biology are they kin.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would a person continue to argue with someone who is basically saying the same thing & try to split hairs with him? He is saying that Mary was not a perpetual virgin as the RCC claims , and that Jesus had siblings --i.e. half brothers & sisters but biological none the less. Obviously they did not share the same father with Jesus.
first thanks for the reply, second, I;m not arguing. for there is nothing to argue about. and we're not basically saying the same thing. splitting hairs, no reasoning yes.
#1. Mary is not a perpetual virgin. when here husband Joseph knew here that was the end of any viriginity for mary.
#2. the Lord Jesus the Christ had brothers and sister according to the birth of the same Mother, but not biologically connected.
#3. "Obviously they did not share the same father with Jesus". biologically no, nor biologically with Mary, who is only a surrogate mother to the Christ.

PICJAG.