Marriage Is Not For Everybody

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture says they should marry or burn. Just trying to reason with Grailhunter really. The point is that sex outside of marriage risks a person to hell. It's sexual immorality. I don't call myself saved until Jesus judges me and resurrects me. He'll decide that, not man. I don't let people tell me I'm saved. It's too naive for me.

Okay,.. but if somebody truly knows Christ then their past sins don't matter. Otherwise there would have been no need for the cross.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay,.. but if somebody truly knows Christ then their past sins don't matter. Otherwise there would have been no need for the cross.

That is a false teaching. Only two people can forgive sins, Jesus and Heavenly Father. And that is left to the judgment time unless they do it before hand. There are some clues though:

Matthew 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh okay,.. now I see what you're saying. I also wanted to point out that having children before the ceremony is not a good idea though. Like,.. at ALL. Use protection or wait. It's better for both you and the baby in the end.
I'd say that having sex before the ceremony at all is a bad idea- better for everyone that way.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a false teaching. Only two people can forgive sins, Jesus and Heavenly Father. And that is left to the judgment time unless they do it before hand. There are some clues though:

Matthew 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

Isn't that what I just said? Maybe in different words though.

Reactions: dev553344

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it is the *vow* that makes the marriage. It can take place on an island without a State Govt, or in a large country with a very bureaucratic State Govt.

We used to have Christian States, ie govts. that held to Christian values. Today the West has apostacized away from Christian exclusivity, tolerating other religions as legal "equals."

So here in my country, the U.S., there are laws to legally sanction and protect marriage, but no requirement that people forgo living together and consider themselves "married" before God. They simply may lack some govt. protections, which come with a legally-sanctioned marriage.

It is really a "conscience" issue. If you feel you need to have a legally-protected marriage and sanctioned by the State, have a legal ceremony. Visit your local county office and meet with a judge. Or, you can have a Christian wedding, presided over by someone the State recognizes.

But if you don't care what others think, you could, conceivably, just live together with a spouse connected by mutual vows before God. God will recognize it.

It's just a questionable thing to do in a society in which many would suspect this as "hanky panky." What kind of Christian "witness" would this be? But I'm not going to be the one to judge motives!

Well first of there is common law marriages...
But then again, you are pointing out all the reason for a weddings, of which I agree.
As long as you don't say that vows and weddings are required by the Bible.
Or that the wedding is what consummates the marriage, because that would mean that no one was married in the Bible.
You said....Yes, but without the promise, it's just sex!
Just sex! I love it. Welcome to the world of a preacher. A preacher can preach the warm and fussy. He can preach what the congregation expects to hear. The thing is he can get a round of applause for preaching a lie. If he preaches the truth, he may not have a job. One of the reasons I only speak at churches. I am going to tell the truth whether they like it or not.

We all know that there are things in reality that we do not like. The same is true of history and the Bible. But you cannot understand the Bible by just picking what you like. You cannot understand by inserting what you like. You cannot understand history by just picking what you like. The truth is always better than make believe, whether you like or not.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't that what I just said? Maybe in different words though.
Well, there is a lot of false teachings that go on on this forum and out in the world, so I wasn't sure what you believed in. The Holy Spirit purifies us and leads us to God while hoping for salvation. As long as we're following the Holy Spirit we can't go wrong as Galatians 5:22-25 points out there is no law against the the Holy Spirit and what he teaches.

Reactions: April_Rose

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we’re Adam and Eve married?

Yes and Yahweh explains how.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
This was how marriages were formed in the biblical era.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well first of there is common law marriages...
But then again, you are pointing out all the reason for a weddings, of which I agree.
As long as you don't say that vows and weddings are required by the Bible.
Or that the wedding is what consummates the marriage, because that would mean that no one was married in the Bible.
You said....Yes, but without the promise, it's just sex!
Just sex! I love it. Welcome to the world of a preacher. A preacher can preach the warm and fussy. He can preach what the congregation expects to hear. The thing is he can get a round of applause for preaching a lie. If he preaches the truth, he may not have a job. One of the reasons I only speak at churches. I am going to tell the truth whether they like it or not.

We all know that there are things in reality that we do not like. The same is true of history and the Bible. But you cannot understand the Bible by just picking what you like. You cannot understand by inserting what you like. You cannot understand history by just picking what you like. The truth is always better than make believe, whether you like or not.

Yes, but I'm not sure where you're disagreeing with what I said? What is it I said that is making you so defensive? That I said sex without a promise is not a marriage? That's just a fact. If people engage in sexual intercourse without making marriage vows to one another, it is just indulging the flesh--nothing else.

But I said nothing against common law marriages. In fact, my argument would acknowledge them. So I'm not sure where you're coming from. Please don't make yourself into the lonely prophet who speaks the truth and no one listens. I'm perfectly willing to listen to you!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and Yahweh explains how.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
This was how marriages were formed in the biblical era.

good job

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well considering the fact that fornication isn't the unforgiveable sin, I assume that you meant that if they never come to Christ they will burn in Hell if they have pre-marital sex.
If sex forms a union then why do they burn in hell when they don't get married before having sex?

This whole conversation is wrong...fornication is a post biblical concoction. God did not make a process for going to hell.
Unless you are whore mongering or doing Pagan rituals there is no sin. The normal course where couple get together and stay together is not sinning...it is what happened all through the Bible.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. - Psalm 127:1
What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. - Mark 10:9

If God is not in a relationship I would not worry too much about it.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say the cake made a person married. Rather, stating the importance of visual stated commitment between the adults involved.

If sex made a person married, then every rape victim even today is then married their attacked. I don't remotely to believe that to be God's will.
Rape victims...people that have one night stands...The marriage is about coupling up and staying together.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, there is a lot of false teachings that go on on this forum and out in the world,

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! That isn't directed at you btw, but I'm sick and tired of people making things up and putting words into Jesus' mouth that He didn't say. I'm going to make a new topic about this in a few moments.

If sex forms a union then why do they burn in hell when they don't get married before having sex?

Sorry,.. I'm afraid that you missed my point. As my point wasn't about sex before marriage, it was about there only being ONE unforgiveable sin.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture says they should marry or burn. Just trying to reason with Grailhunter really. The point is that sex outside of marriage risks a person to hell. It's sexual immorality. I don't call myself saved until Jesus judges me and resurrects me. He'll decide that, not man. I don't let people tell me I'm saved. It's too naive for me.

Just no. All the people in the Bible did not go to hell because they were married without a wedding. There is no way of not having sex outside of marriage. Sex joins the couple in marriage. Weddings are a wonderful custom and celebration...but it is not Biblical.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! That isn't directed at you btw, but I'm sick and tired of people making things up and putting words into Jesus' mouth that He didn't say. I'm going to make a new topic about this in a few moments.

Sorry,.. I'm afraid that you missed my point. As my point wasn't about sex before marriage, it was about there only being ONE unforgiveable sin.
No no no I got your point...the topic itself.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bulletor.gif
Christians are free to break many Church and Western traditions.

I agree with the rest, but I don't know what you mean here????

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just no. All the people in the Bible did not go to hell because they were married without a wedding. There is no way of not having sex outside of marriage. Sex joins the couple in marriage. Weddings are a wonderful custom and celebration...but it is not Biblical.

So then with your reasoning Grailhunter, a man can have sex with 7 women, and be married to all of them at once, or did he switch his one flesh? And man can join his own flesh with a woman. How does this miracle of joining flesh happen in your belief if God is not performing this miracle? Because sex clearly has no physical effect on two bodies other than a child.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For so many life consists of....

Being born ----> A life of fleshly pleasure ----> Dying having done it all

A true Christian does not worry about missing out in the pleasures of this world...

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. - 1 John 2:16-17

If God puts someone Spirit filled in your life I would say go for it. If you have intentions for the carnal life I would caution you that you may die having done it all, but what eternal things await you?

Reactions: Azim and dev553344