Mary’s children?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brothers and sisters of Jesus?

They are not the children of Mary!

Repeating yourself over and over OF HOW Mary disobey God, by not Multiplying, reproducing children with her husband, is rather disingenuous.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I, too, came to the conclusion of the apostle "James" in Gal. 1:19 and the "James" in Matt. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3 are the same, but not just because a "James" is identified as a brother of Jesus in each of those verses, nor did I assume any of the meanings of the word "brother" apply.
Refer back to post #9 for why Apostle James of Alphaeus is the "James" in the aforementioned verses, and why he could not have been Jesus's brother, as in "born of the same father and/or mother."

The Three James I mentioned, Scripture identifies their Parents.

Whereas the Topic is about Mary's Children...
Absolutely I believe Jesus was Supernaturally caused to be born of Mary, while she was a Virgin....and thereafter Mary was an obedient wife and did have Children with her husband Joseph;, one expressly named James, (that was not one of the 12 "Chosen Disciples" of Jesus).

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And no one is more fruitful than Mary
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In post #98 you acknowledged the word "brother" has a range of meanings. Why do none apply, except for "born of the same father and/or mother," beyond your assumption that meaning applies in Matt. 13:55, Mk. 6:3, and Gal. 1:19, etc?

I consider the Context, regarding the surrounding texts.

So what is your position?
Mary had children with her husband Joseph, or not?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does the context in each verse (Matt. 13:55, Mk. 6:3, and Gal. 1:19, etc) support the meaning "born of the same father and/or mother" applies to the word "brother" in them?

Biological children? No.

Did Someone instruct Mary to Deny her Husband right to lie with his wife?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is and how does the context in each verse (Matt. 13:55, Mk. 6:3, and Gal. 1:19, etc) support the meaning "born of the same father and/or mother" applies to the word "brother" in them?

I can not study for you.
If you are unaware Two sons with the same parents are Lawful brothers, I am not willing to delve into a lesson on legalities of a family structure.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already know the context, and if your understanding of the context was the same, I would not have asked you to say what you believe the context is in each verse (Matt. 13:55, Mk. 6:3, and Gal. 1:19, etc), and explain how it supports the meaning "born of the same father and/or mother" applies to the word "brother" in them.

What is confusing you?

Matt 13:
[55] Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Mark 6:
[3] Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

Gal 1:
[19] But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not mentioned in the Bible,

Thank you. Thus no way to verify you claim, and dismiss your claim.

...details surrounding their betrothal and marriage,

Sufficient information is in Scripture, to KNOW Mary was a virgin and Joseph were married, Mary was Joseph's wife, they traveled together, they slept under the same roof.

Are you open to reading what is known as "extrabiblical" texts?

No. according to Scripture, Scripture is sufficient reading material.

Or, are you not open, because you believe everything there is to know about the persons in the Bible is in the Bible?

Actually I find Earthly person's insignifant on the highlight of Scripture, Moreso the highlight being The Lord God Almighty.

If I never "heard" of Moses, Abraham, David, Mary, or knew their details, or the Umpteen other Characters Revealed in Scripture...but Heard, believed, and Surrendered my life to the Lord God ... All would be well with my eternal Life with God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not say I was confused about the context surrounding and in Matt. 13:55, Mk. 6:3, and Gal. 1:19. I asked you to say what you believe the context surrounding and in those verses is that supports the meaning "born of the same father and/or mother" applies to the word "brother" in them, beyond your assumption it does, but you just cited the verses themselves. That demonstrates to me an assumption is all you have.

You are going in a silly circle jerk.
The Scripture Does NOT require explaining.

The Lords brother James,
The Carpenters son,
The mother,
Mary....

I trust the Scriptures, but don't have to explain them to you.

Believe what you will, even without a Scriptural reference, as you have said that is what you do.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You acknowledged the word "brother" has a range of meanings (#98),

Already established, repeating over and over is irrelevant.

and to assume

You say assume, I didn't.
I said "study". You will have to do that for yourself.

The point is, the details surrounding their betrothal and marriage, regardless of whether one finds that sufficient or not to know, is not in the Bible, but we know that information exists, based on the information that is in the Bible that says they were betrothed and married.

The Topic is children of Mary and Joseph.
Every marriage detail of that couple is not necessary to know.

Ok, but that does not answer the question which is, again, do you believe everything there is to know about the persons in the Bible is in the Bible?

LOL- ofcourse not, nor necessary, and again not the Topic.