Mary is all powerful!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
truth is immutable and cannot be reformed nor the church founded by Christ on Peter

only heretics deny the perpetual virginity of Mary as Calvin says

Martin Luther

It is an article of faith that Mary is Mother of the Lord and still a virgin. … Christ, we believe, came forth from a womb left perfectly intact. (Weimer’s The Works of Luther, English translation by Pelikan, Concordia, St. Louis, v. 11, pp. 319-320; v. 6. p. 510.)

John Calvin

(On the Heretic Helvidius) Helvidius displayed excessive ignorance in concluding that Mary must have had many sons, because Christ’s “brothers” are sometimes mentioned. (Harmony of Matthew, Mark and Luke, sec. 39 [Geneva, 1562], vol. 2 / From Calvin’s Commentaries, translated by William Pringle, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Eerdmans, 1949, p.215; on Matthew 13:55)

[On Matt 1:25:] The inference he [Helvidius] drew from it was, that Mary remained a virgin no longer than till her first birth, and that afterwards she had other children by her husband . . . No just and well-grounded inference can be drawn from these words . . . as to what took place after the birth of Christ. He is called “first-born”; but it is for the sole purpose of informing us that he was born of a virgin . . . What took place afterwards the historian does not inform us . . . No man will obstinately keep up the argument, except from an extreme fondness for disputation. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 107)

Under the word “brethren” the Hebrews include all cousins and other relations, whatever may be the degree of affinity. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 283 / Commentary on John, [7:3])

John Wesley

‘I believe that He [Jesus] was made man, joining the human nature with the divine in one person; being conceived by the singular operation of the Holy Ghost, and born of the blessed Virgin Mary, who, as well after as before she brought Him forth, continued a pure and unspotted virgin’ (‘Letter to a Roman Catholic’, The Works of Rev. John Wesley, vol 10, p. 81).

St Augustine, Sermons 186.1 (early 5th century):

“In being born of a Virgin who chose to remain a Virgin even before she knew who was to be born of her, Christ wanted to approve virginity rather than to impose it. And he wanted virginity to be of free choice even in that woman in whom he took upon himself the form of a slave” (Holy Virginity 4:4 [A.D. 401]).

“It was not the visible sun, but its invisible Creator who consecrated this day for us, when the Virgin Mother, fertile of womb and integral in her virginity, brought him forth, made visible for us, by whom, when he was invisible, she too was created. A Virgin conceiving, a Virgin bearing, a Virgin pregnant, a Virgin bringing forth, a Virgin perpetual. Why do you wonder at this, O man?” (Sermons 186:1 [A.D. 411]).

“Heretics called Antidicomarites are those who contradict the perpetual virginity of Mary and affirm that after Christ was born she was joined as one with her husband” (Heresies 56 [A.D. 428]).

St Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica, III.28.3 (13th century):

"Without any hesitation we must abhor the error of Helvidius, who dared to assert that Christ's Mother, after His Birth, was carnally known by Joseph, and bore other children.

For, in the first place, this is derogatory to Christ's perfection: for as He is in His Godhead the Only-Begotten of the Father, being thus His Son in every respect perfect, so it was becoming that He should be the Only-begotten son of His Mother, as being her perfect offspring.

“Secondly, this error is an insult to the Holy Ghost, whose "shrine" was the virginal womb, wherein He had formed the flesh of Christ: wherefore it was unbecoming that it should be desecrated by intercourse with man.

“Thirdly, this is derogatory to the dignity and holiness of God's Mother: for thus she would seem to be most ungrateful, were she not content with such a Son; and were she, of her own accord, by carnal intercourse to forfeit that virginity which had been miraculously preserved in her.

“Fourthly, it would be tantamount to an imputation of extreme presumption in Joseph, to assume that he attempted to violate her whom by the angel's revelation he knew to have conceived by the Holy Ghost.

“We must therefore simply assert that the Mother of God, as she was a virgin in conceiving Him and a virgin in giving Him birth, did she remain a virgin ever afterwards."

Only a fundamentalist would reject a dogma revealed by Christ and taught by holy mother church!

Jude 1:3 Matt 28:19
Don't care what the RCC or any other man teaches. My article showed proof from SCRIPTURE Mary did not remain a virgin. End of discussion. To say otherwise is to deny Scripture. Mary A Perpetual Virgin? – Reformed Truths

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If only thee faith had a tenth of the zeal for CHRIST and the gospel.
But that is the one thing i notice in many , they preach their church and spend all their time
trying to convert souls to believe as their tradtion teaches . I say preach Christ and Him crucified
and HIS teachings , His sayings , and the apostels in that bible as well .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If only thee faith had a tenth of the zeal for CHRIST and the gospel.
But that is the one thing i notice in many , they preach their church and spend all their time
trying to convert souls to believe as their tradtion teaches . I say preach Christ and Him crucified
and HIS teachings , His sayings , and the apostels in that bible as well .
Exactly, tell me what the Bible says, not what some pope says in their popery.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For there is none that has not sinned . All have fallen short of the Glory of GOD .
Even mary NEEDED CHRIST . They preach another mary , another peter , another jesus and so on and so forth .
Its very dangerous within those RCC chambers .
Exactly, if Mary was sinless, which she was not, why would she need a savior? She wouldn't.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep telling Ya the CC aint His church . JW make the same claim too , They aint either .
So do others . YA GOTTA learn thy bible my friend . Pray to GOD in JESUS name
Stop hollering to saints and mary and angels . And just learn the truth .

Ark of the New Covenant!

Mary, ever virgin, mother of God!

Ex 40:34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle.

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

2 Sam 6:2 And David arose, and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the Lord of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.

Lk 1:39 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;

2 Sam 6:3 And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drave the new cart.

4 And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab which was at Gibeah, accompanying the ark of God: and Ahio went before the ark.

5 And David and all the house of Israel played before the Lord on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.

2 Sam 6:16 And as the ark of the Lord came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the Lord;

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

2 Sam 6:9 And David was afraid of the Lord that day, and said, How shall the ark of the Lord come to me?

Lk 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

2 Sam 6:11 And the ark of the Lord continued in the house of Obededom the Gittite three months: and the Lord blessed Obededom, and all his household.

Lk 1:56 And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house.

2 Sam 6:12 And it was told king David, saying, The Lord hath blessed the house of Obededom, and all that pertaineth unto him, because of the ark of God. So David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obededom into the city of David with gladness.

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1: 67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying…

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ark of the New Covenant!

Ex 40:34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle.

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

2 Sam 6:2 And David arose, and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the Lord of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.

Lk 1:39 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;

2 Sam 6:3 And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drave the new cart.

4 And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab which was at Gibeah, accompanying the ark of God: and Ahio went before the ark.

5 And David and all the house of Israel played before the Lord on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.

2 Sam 6:16 And as the ark of the Lord came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the Lord;

2 Sam 6:9 And David was afraid of the Lord that day, and said, How shall the ark of the Lord come to me?

Lk 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

2 Sam 6:11 And the ark of the Lord continued in the house of Obededom the Gittite three months: and the Lord blessed Obededom, and all his household.

Lk 1:56 And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house.

2 Sam 6:12 And it was told king David, saying, The Lord hath blessed the house of Obededom, and all that pertaineth unto him, because of the ark of God. So David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obededom into the city of David with gladness.

Lk 1: 67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying…
This is about the most absurd bit of exegesis I have seen yet. No, Mary is not the ark of the coveneant.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't care what the RCC or any other man teaches. My article showed proof from SCRIPTURE Mary did not remain a virgin. End of discussion. To say otherwise is to deny Scripture. Mary A Perpetual Virgin? – Reformed Truths

really don’t care what man says?
Lk 10:16
You don’t care what Christ says then!
Acts 1:8 are these men?
Don’t care about their witness?
Paul was only a man, care what he says?
also don’t care what Nathaniel and Andrew taught? Cos they have no scripture

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
really don’t care what man says?
Lk 10:16
You don’t care what Christ says then!
Acts 1:8 are these men?
Don’t care about their witness?
Paul was only a man, care what he says?
also don’t care what Nathaniel and Andrew taught? Cos they have no scripture
How do I not care what Christ says based on what I said? In case you didn't notice, Christ is God as well as man. Big difference.

Acts 1:8 this did not give them authority to go outside of Scripture and the divine inspiration of the Holy Ghost. Paul, divine inspiration, again, God's words, not man.

Why are you bringing up Nathaniel and Andrew?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is about the most absurd bit of exegesis I have seen yet. No, Mary is not the ark of the coveneant.

Oh yes!

David the king carried the ark to the earthly Jerusalem.
2 Sam 6:15-16

Jesus the new king carried His ark to the heavenly Jerusalem! Rev 12:1

Inaugurating the kingdom

Ark of the new covenant!
The dwelling place of God!
God dwelt in Mary’s womb for 9 months, remember the ark was incorruptible wood covered with pure gold signifying Mary’s immaculate purity!
read exodus or any place in the Old Testament where something came into contact with God or was consecrated to the service of God it had to be pure and Holy!
And cannot be used for any common purpose!
In the ark was the word of God!
In Mary the new ark is the living Word!
In the ark was the mana!
In Mary was the bread come down from heaven! Jn 6
Bethlehem means house of bread!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mother of God
Ever virgin
Immaculate conception
Queen of heaven and earth
Mother of all Christians

Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done!
John 2

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

NOTHING whatsoever have you identified Mary doing or that she be presumptively given a title of all powerful.

Here are several EXPRESS and SPECIFIC scriptural canon and Apocrypha renderings of WHO has ALL POWER....
Jdt 9
[14] And make every nation and tribe to acknowledge that thou art the God of all power and might, and that there is none other that protecteth the people of Israel but thou.
Jdt.13
[4] So all went forth and none was left in the bedchamber, neither little nor great. Then Judith, standing by his bed, said in her heart, O Lord God of all power, look at this present upon the works of mine hands for the exaltation of Jerusalem.
AddEsth.5
[12] Remember, O Lord, make thyself known in time of our affliction, and give me boldness, O King of the nations, and Lord of all power.
Wis.7
[23] Kind to man, steadfast, sure, free from care, having all power, overseeing all things, and going through all understanding, pure, and most subtil, spirits.
2Mac.3
[24] Now as he was there present himself with his guard about the treasury, the Lord of spirits, and the Prince of all power, caused a great apparition, so that all that presumed to come in with him were astonished at the power of God, and fainted, and were sore afraid.
Matt.28
[18] And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
2Thes.2
[9] Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders...

Very peculiar someone named MARY is not included in Gods Word, as having ALL POWER...
And all you have IS renderings of mens words, NOT verifiable IN Scripture.
Simply more of you advocating mens words, over and above Gods Word.

Pitiful.

Reactions: reformed1689

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do I not care what Christ says based on what I said? In case you didn't notice, Christ is God as well as man. Big difference.

Acts 1:8 this did not give them authority to go outside of Scripture and the divine inspiration of the Holy Ghost. Paul, divine inspiration, again, God's words, not man.

they did taught but did not write any scripture! Should they be beloved?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOTHING whatsoever have you identified Mary doing or that she be presumptively given a title of all powerful.

Here are several EXPRESS and SPECIFIC scriptural canon and Apocrypha renderings of WHO has ALL POWER....
Jdt 9
[14] And make every nation and tribe to acknowledge that thou art the God of all power and might, and that there is none other that protecteth the people of Israel but thou.
Jdt.13
[4] So all went forth and none was left in the bedchamber, neither little nor great. Then Judith, standing by his bed, said in her heart, O Lord God of all power, look at this present upon the works of mine hands for the exaltation of Jerusalem.
AddEsth.5
[12] Remember, O Lord, make thyself known in time of our affliction, and give me boldness, O King of the nations, and Lord of all power.
Wis.7
[23] Kind to man, steadfast, sure, free from care, having all power, overseeing all things, and going through all understanding, pure, and most subtil, spirits.
2Mac.3
[24] Now as he was there present himself with his guard about the treasury, the Lord of spirits, and the Prince of all power, caused a great apparition, so that all that presumed to come in with him were astonished at the power of God, and fainted, and were sore afraid.
Matt.28
[18] And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
2Thes.2
[9] Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders...

Very peculiar someone named MARY is not included in Gods Word, as having ALL POWER...

Pitiful.

her son is God so her prayers are all powerful

the queen interceded with the king!
Esther
1 kings 2 15-18
Jn 2

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ark is a type of Mary

David the king carried the ark to the earthly Jerusalem.
2 Sam 6:15-16

Jesus the new king carried His ark to the heavenly Jerusalem! Rev 12:1

Inaugurating the kingdom!

Ark of the New Covenant!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

christ said to his apostles
Lk 10:16 he who hears you hears me
Rejection of the apostles or their teaching or the church is rejection of Christ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jdt 9
Jdt.13
AddEsth.5
Wis.7
2Mac.3
Matt.28
2Thes.2

Pitiful.

How is Paul all powerful?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excuse me, what does Esther have to do with Mary? Nothing. Mary's prayers are all-powerful? Scripture does not state that ANYWHERE.

her son is God!

Queen Esther & Queen Mary!

Old Testament type or example provided by God for our instruction!

Queen Esther

Queen Esther fair: est 2:7
Mary all fair: gen 3:15 Song of Solomon 4:12 Lk 1:28 rev 12:1

And the king loved Esther above all the women, and she obtained grace and favour in his sight more than all the virgins; est 2:17
Song of S. 4:2 love of God for Mary!
And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
Lk 1:28 also Lk 1:30 1:42 1:45 1:48
Mary obtained grace and favor: Lk 1:28
Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Esther merits the graces of the king for the people. Est
Mary merits the graces we need but don’t deserve. Lk 1:30
Mother is the mother of our savior and our salvation! Lk 2:30 matt 1:21

They prayed to Esther to intercede for them before the king. As Mary intercedes for Christians before God.

Queen Esther found favor with the king: est 2:17
Mary found favor with God: Lk 1:30

Queen Esther saves her people interceding with the king: est 8:17
Mary provides the savior of the world!
Lk 2:10-11

Queen Esther receives half the kingdom!
Mary receives half the kingdom, Christ retains the kingdom of justice as just judge and Mary is the queen of grace & mercy! Hence the throne of grace is Mary’s throne! Heb 4:16
Depicted in genesis as the greater light that rules the day (those living in God’s will) and the lesser light that governs the night (those living in sin) Mary the mother of mercy and refuge of sinners!
Notice the sun is the source of all good and moon only reflects this goodness!
She directs all to Her divine son! Jn 2:5