Mary is all powerful!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he should have rebuked her for calling men father

like he did the Pharisees in matt

Are you really that confused? She said, "Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you people say that the place where people must worship is in Jerusalem.” Do you think that anyone, Samaritans included, didn't have fathers? She is using the term in the collective sense, referring to her ancestors. Do you really not understand that? It's only your twisted logic that thinks He should have rebuked her. It's just Catholic legalistic nonsense to think that somebody should be punished for using a single word.

The word "father" is used 1142 times in the Bible. Clearly they're not all referring to God. Your doctrine is driving you mad!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And he was only condemning the Pharisees for their pride and not condemning calling men father or spiritual fatherhood

How did the "spiritual fatherhood" get tacked on? It is contrary to God's instructions to call a priest "father", as in "spiritual father", never mind asking him to forgive your sins. Just say x number of Hail Marys and you'll be fine? It's insanity.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Novelty? New doctrine? You're joking. The RCC has been inventing new and false doctrine since its origin. For starters, show me anywhere in the Bible that the word "Catholic" appears in Scripture.

what does the word “catholic” mean?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you really that confused? She said, "Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you people say that the place where people must worship is in Jerusalem.” Do you think that anyone, Samaritans included, didn't have fathers? She is using the term in the collective sense, referring to her ancestors. Do you really not understand that? It's only your twisted logic that thinks He should have rebuked her. It's just Catholic legalistic nonsense to think that somebody should be punished for using a single word.

The word "father" is used 1142 times in the Bible. Clearly they're not all referring to God. Your doctrine is driving you mad!

That is what
Matthew 23:9 says!

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

call no man father!!!!

that is absolute according to fundamentalists!

do herevis an example where someone calls men father and Christ does not rebuke her, so matt 23:9 refers to pride and not calling men father!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did the "spiritual fatherhood" get tacked on? It is contrary to God's instructions to call a priest "father", as in "spiritual father", never mind asking him to forgive your sins. Just say x number of Hail Marys and you'll be fine? It's insanity.

it is what we are accused of anyway!

the apostles have authority from Christ to forgive sin! Jn 20:23

same mission power and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission!

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well until Christ returns in glory!

apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!

Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:2

Spiritual fatherhood!

the seed fell on good ground! A father spreads the seed of the gospel or word of God!

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

obedience to proper authority is biblical!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:48 …for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed!

Why is Mary blessed?

cos she brought forth our
savior? Matt 1:21

cos she consented to our salvation? Lk 1:38

Cos she believed? Lk 1:45

cos God created Her soul immaculate? Gen 3:15 Lk 1:28 Lk 1:49 rev 12:1

all the above?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what does the word “catholic” mean?

"catholic" (uncapitalized): including a wide variety of things; all-embracing
"Catholic" (capitalized): The word in English can mean either "of the Catholic faith" or "relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church". The term has been incorporated into the name of the largest Christian communion, the Roman Catholic Church. Source :wikipedia.

Do you really not know this? I thought that, being a Catholic, you would know the meaning of the word.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what
Matthew 23:9 says!

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

call no man father!!!!

that is absolute according to fundamentalists!

do herevis an example where someone calls men father and Christ does not rebuke her, so matt 23:9 refers to pride and not calling men father!

Nonsense. Twisted logic!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is what we are accused of anyway!

the apostles have authority from Christ to forgive sin! Jn 20:23

same mission power and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission!

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well until Christ returns in glory!

apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!

Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:2

Spiritual fatherhood!

the seed fell on good ground! A father spreads the seed of the gospel or word of God!

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

obedience to proper authority is biblical!

Obedience to Biblical authority is the only truth. Not the heaps of false doctrine, dogma, rituals, etc. that has been added by the RCC.

For example, where is "Pope" in the Bible? It isn't there!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:48 …for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed!

Why is Mary blessed?

cos she brought forth our
savior? Matt 1:21

cos she consented to our salvation? Lk 1:38

Cos she believed? Lk 1:45

cos God created Her soul immaculate? Gen 3:15 Lk 1:28 Lk 1:49 rev 12:1

all the above?

Luke 1:38, "So Mary said, “Yes, I am a servant of the Lord; let this happen to me according to your word.” Then the angel departed from her." She consented to becoming pregnant -- only. She did not consent to our salvation! Also Luke 1:45

Genesis 3:13, "So the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” And the woman replied, “The serpent tricked me, and I ate.” So if this was Mary, she disobeyed the Lord and believed Satan. Immaculate soul???

Luke 1:28-29, "The angel came to her and said, “Greetings, favored one, the Lord is with you!” But she was greatly troubled by his words and began to wonder about the meaning of this greeting." So much for her pure faith!

Revelation 12:6, "she fled into the wilderness where a place had been prepared for her by God, so she could be taken care of for 1,260 days." So that obviously isn't Mary. She and Joseph and Jesus went to Egypt. Why can't you understand that Revelation is John's supernatural vision?

Was "Mary" given the two wings of a giant eagle so that she could fly out into the wilderness? Your Mary can fly???

If you read a little further, you will see this: "Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, and on its horns were ten diadem crowns, and on its heads a blasphemous name." This is an obvious reference to Rome! As in "Roman Catholic church".