Mathematical proof of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angela888

Sep 24, 2014
[SIZE=13pt]Mathematical proof of God ![/SIZE]

This is one of the simplest and most powerful proofs of God there is – no one with any ability to reason could say there isn’t a God after reading this !

A simple equation:

2% + 2% = 4%

2% of Carbon + 2% of Oxygen = Carbon Dioxide (CO2)

1% of Carbon + 1% of Oxygen = Carbon Dioxide

0% of Carbon + 0% Oxygen = Nothing

So what does this mean ?

This means, that according to simple maths, 1 + 1 = 2, ergo 1% + 1% = 2%

Forgetting ‘evolution’ arguments for now, How did the Universe begin ?

How could matter have been created ?

If 1% of matter (or even anti-matter, or dark matter or any substance or sound wave or light wave or anything) + 1% of something else could possibly in a 10 to the power of infinity chance create a ‘Big Bang’, which then in turn would create in astronomically impossible odds the world, the galaxies and the solar systems, then it must be understood that:

0% of matter (sound waves, light waves or anything) + 0% of anything = Nothing

ABSOLUTE 0% of ANYTHING

There is no point of origin for the creation of Anything – it is scientifically impossible to create anything (to cause the Big Bang) from Nothing !

It is mathematically impossible to create 1+% from 0% + 0%

ACCORDING TO EVERY SCIENTIFIC LAW KNOWN TO EVERY BEING WITH THE ABILITY TO THINK - THERE COULD NEVER HAVE BEEN A SUBSTANCE OF ANY KIND TO CREATE THE BIG BANG.

IF THERE WAS A SUBSTANCE TO CREATE THE BIG BANG – HOW WAS IT CREATED – ACCORDING TO MATHMATICS IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE 0% + 0% = 0% !

This leaves only one alternative:

A Creator ! Something, Someone outside of the laws of Science – that Created Scientific laws – A God – The most powerful Scientific Mind in the Universe !

This is absolute proof that there is a Creator

When people stand before the Judgment seat of God, all the Creator has to say to them is:

“Did you understand mathematics – even the simplest form of mathematics? Then you are without excuse ! ”

Because with this knowledge (the knowledge of what is created) it should prompt the person to genuinely seek if there is a God.

If you want to know If there is a God, please pray this prayer (You have nothing to lose by praying this prayer, except a few moments of your time, and it is wise, considering that the greatest gamble in life is whether there is a life after death or not !)

“God, I realize that the Universe is the greatest and most astounding thing in Creation, and I realize that there is every chance that it was Created, and not made by accident, so, if you are real, please show me in some way, whether through wisdom, understanding, miracle or anything. Please help me to understand how to obey you if you are truly the Creator.”

(Note: Sometimes the way of God is to work in the understanding of the person, as well as working out circumstances. Some are privileged to receive miraculous signs from God, and there are many testimonies of these things, one of the reasons God works like this is because God is trying to develop understanding for the person on a natural level.

The mystery of God – the language of God is FAITH – if all God had to do was prove to everyone through conventional means that He is the Creator – there would be absolutely no need for faith. The Lord has given everyone on the planet everything they need to at least have some level of faith: The Creation, Conscience, Emotion, Life, Understanding, and much more.)

Based on all the evidence, which is beyond overwhelming, for God, it would be unwise not to seek for some answers about who God is and the meaning of life !

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
While I most certainly agree with you about God and faith, I'm sorry to say that your "mathematical proof" is anything but and will not convince anyone with any understanding of the subject. For example, you posted...

2% of Carbon + 2% of Oxygen = Carbon Dioxide (CO2)

CO2 is one part carbon, two parts oxygen. That's what the 2 after the O means.

As far as the creation of the universe, what you've posted is essentially a "God of the Gaps" argument. That's where someone cites a current unknown in the world of science and declares "See? Science can't figure it out! Therefore God!" We discussed this in another thread, and someone posted a really good video of Dr. Tyson walking through the history of people (even some of the most brilliant minds in our history) throwing up their hands and declaring something they couldn't figure out as "the providence of the Gods", only to have someone come along later and solve the mystery.

Given that history, yours is a dangerous argument to make, and one that the enemies of our faith are more than willing to accept. After all, if the lack of a scientific explanation for something is evidence for God, then logically the discovery of a scientific explanation for that something must be evidence against God. It also puts Christians in the position of rooting against science, which will only do unnecessary harm to our Great Commission.

Let's let God be God, let scientists do what they do, and focus our ministry not on denigrating science, but on sharing the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The scientists who don't want there to be a Creator are rapidly moving away from the Big Bang hypothesis and postulating some sort of eternal regression of expanding and contracting universes or worlds. Of course their back pedaling is comical, but regardless of their intentions, the rest of the scientific community is becoming more and more befuddled as they begin to see that the whole system is "rigged". The precision is startling! Fiddle with the universe in any minute way and it all falls apart. As a recent example attests: Even if we give them the created universe out of haphazard chance, the probability of the human enzyme; a building block for genes and then cells; coming into existence by this same mechanism is 1 in 10 to the forty thousandth power!!! To give you an idea of the statistical probability of this, 10 to the forty thousandth power is more than every atomic particle in the known universe. It is statistically impossible.

Their idea of an eternal regression is actually quite plausible as well, and in a very meaningful way could be an unintended, but nonetheless quite insightful glimpse at God as well. Creation may very well be not so much an act of construction as a regression or contracting of the essence of God Himself. In other words Creation may very well be an act of Revelation through God's contracting of Himself. While there are some believers who may claim to have figured out the need for their salvation on their own as well as affirming their own will and effort being dependent on it, most believe that it was Grace. It was God's REVELATION of their sinfulness and need for repentance, salvation etc. The scientific community may be in the process of coming to the same conclusion through their scientific observations which are REVEALING a creator Who for some unknown reason to them seems to care about them...

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
shnarkle said:
As a recent example attests: Even if we give them the created universe out of haphazard chance, the probability of the human enzyme; a building block for genes and then cells; coming into existence by this same mechanism is 1 in 10 to the forty thousandth power!!! To give you an idea of the statistical probability of this, 10 to the forty thousandth power is more than every atomic particle in the known universe. It is statistically impossible.
Can I see your calculations?

Classic Rider

Oct 13, 2014
The way I see it atheistic science and Theism are in a competition and Theism is ahead 1 to 0. Here is why. To the question how did matter get here atheists says A. it always existed or B. It just suddenly came into existence A. doesn't make sense because with A. you have an effect (existense) without a cause. An effect without a cause is illogical. B. Suffers from the same problem. How can something come into existence if nothing is there to cause that to occur. So the Atheistic camp gets a big 0 on this question. To the question How did God come into existence? The Christian answers....A. He was always there. This answer is also illogical because it is an effect (God's existence) without a cause. So in round one of the match both sides get a big 0.

Since there is nothing we can do to fix this problem we will just continue on to the next round. So the next question is this. The Christians haven't showed how God always existed but assuming that is true, how can we explain the existence of this complex universe full of life and amazing wonders? Answer, a God has intelligence and, thus, He is capable of doing amazing things. This answer is fairly reasonable and so we will award 1 point. Now the question for the Atheists is this. The Atheists haven't showed how the universe could have always existed (an effect without a cause) or how it could have just suddenly come into existence (again, an effect without a cause) but assuming that one of those things is true, how can we explain the fact that the universe is complex and full of life and amazing wonders? Their answer: An unintelligent lump of matter blew up and did amazing things.
Now it is not as reasonble to say that unintelligence produced complexity and design and even life, as it is to say that intelligence produced complexity and design and even life... so we will have to give the Atheistic Scientists a 0 on this round and the Theists a 1. Now let's add up the score to see who won the game. Theists 1 Atheists 0 Theists win.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
CR,

Before I begin, please understand that I'm not advocating atheism or disagreeing with your overall conclusion (that God is the Creator). I just think it's important that as Christians, we be as truthful and honest as we can in everything we do.

Classic Rider said:
The way I see it atheistic science and Theism are in a competition
I don't like this framing at all. There's no such thing as "atheistic science". By framing it this way, you're giving the impression that science itself is anti-God and specifically anti-Christian. If that were true, then any advance, discovery, or explanation from science would therefore be seen as a strike against God and Christianity.

A more reasonable and realistic way of framing this is, science is a process we use to figure out how things in our universe work. If we believe that God created this universe, then science is a process for figuring out how God's creation works. Under this framework, science and our belief in God work together.

To the question how did matter get here atheists says A. it always existed or B. It just suddenly came into existence A. doesn't make sense because with A. you have an effect (existense) without a cause. An effect without a cause is illogical.
If you're going to go around as a Christian commenting on science, then you need to make sure you're fairly and accurately representing the science. Otherwise you'll be accused of creating simplistic straw man versions of science and giving people a negative impression of Christians.

Specific to what you said above, quantum mechanics provides very strong evidence for events that happen without cause. Recently some physicists showed that not only is it possible for a particle to be in two places at once, it's also possible for an event to be both a cause and an effect. It's extremely complicated, so I won't go into the details, but hopefully you'll take from this that "without a cause" isn't as absolutely far-fetched as you think.

Also, because time itself came into existence at the big bang, there is no "before the big bang" (you can't have "before time existed"). So technically it can be argued that the universe has always existed.

Since there is nothing we can do to fix this problem we will just continue on to the next round.
I guess the bigger question is, why do you think this is a problem in the first place? Are all events that occur on their own antithetical to God and Christianity? Isn't it possible that God created the universe via natural means?

So the next question is this. The Christians haven't showed how God always existed but assuming that is true, how can we explain the existence of this complex universe full of life and amazing wonders? Answer, a God has intelligence and, thus, He is capable of doing amazing things. This answer is fairly reasonable and so we will award 1 point.
I don't think that's going to be very persuasive to many people who don't already share your beliefs. It's just one assumption piled on top of another.

Now the question for the Atheists is this. The Atheists haven't showed how the universe could have always existed (an effect without a cause) or how it could have just suddenly come into existence (again, an effect without a cause)
Actually scientists have proposed ways in which the universe could have come into existence. The problem I have is that people from extremes (atheists and fundamentalists) are both adopting the framework of "natural explanation for the universe = God doesn't exist". It's as biologist Ken Miller put it, "This is an offer that the enemies of religion are all too happy to accept."

but assuming that one of those things is true, how can we explain the fact that the universe is complex and full of life and amazing wonders? Their answer: An unintelligent lump of matter blew up and did amazing things.
Again, this is an extremely simplistic straw man of modern science, and by presenting it in the midst of Christian apologetics, you're giving the impression that this is what Christians think of science. That's not good for us.

I suggest you read the Ken Miller excerpt I linked to above. He chastises creationists for "seeking God in the darkness of our ignorance, rather than the light of our knowledge". I think that's applicable here, because your argument seems to boil down to "those atheistic scientists haven't figured out the universe, so God wins!" History shows that approach is far more dangerous to Christianity than to science.

Classic Rider

Oct 13, 2014
Atheistic scientists say that you don't have to have a cause for an effect when they are at a loss to explain how the universe began. Then so that they don't look like they are just sore losers in an argument, they come up with some "scientific" theory in the attempt to justify their refusal to admit the obvious. They want us to believe that people who believe in God are biased. However, what we Christians know, is that Romans 1 says that unbelievers "supress the truth in unrightousness". No one is more biased than the unsaved person. They supress the truth. It doesn't matter anyway. Romans 1 says God has revealed himself through creation. So deep down everyone knows that God exists. They are just supressing the truth. And besides, Jesus said that "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him" (John 6) So the athestic can't come to Christ unless God draws (Greek Drags) him. Also when Christ gets ready for the athiest to come to Him that athiest will come. Jesus said "All that the Father gives to me shall come to me." NKJV In Acts 13:48 when Paul preached to the Gentiles we read "And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed" The ones that are appointed to eternal life will believe the gospel at some time in their life." The others are never going to admit the obvious. They are just going to keep coming up with more and more theories in their attempt to supress the truth. I actually do believe that people like you (who know a lot about science) may be used by God to help bring some of His elect to Christ. Not because God needs our help but just because He wants to bless us by using us in His plan. I just hope you know that it is only going to be effective in the case of the Elect and you won't be able to convince everyone because everyone else but the elect are going to continue to supressing the truth. So keep up the good work and I will continue to present the Gospel. (by the way I am going to take your advise and leave the scientific arguments up to you guys.... because I freely admit that for me it is just a big waste of my time. There is absolutely no point in trying to use logic on people who think that the universe came about on it's own because an effect doesn't have to have a cause.) Also you can respond to this if you want but I am not going to read your response... not because it won't be good, it probably will be fine, but just because I don't want to spend any more of my time in this area. So have at it... knock yourself out.... Of course if you ever did want to talk to me you can probably find me in the theology area.... God bless.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Since you're not going to bother, I won't either....except to repeat that I really object to the way in which you've framed this entire issue. You've basically set it up to be that science = atheism, which means that every scientific advance is also a blow against belief in God. IMO that's far more destructive to Christianity than anything any atheist could ever dream up.

I pray that you'll rethink this approach.