Matthew 13's parables.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Polt said:
When Peter was called out by Paul for judaizing, Peter should have used that line. Oh wait, Peter did the right thing and saw his error.

The only form of Judaism that all the world's Jewish denominations agree to is rejecting Jesus.

daq said:
Have you never looked into the mirror and said to the one staring back at you, "Get thee behind me"? Two separate Apostles would not openly dispute each other in public before the congregation or elders and the anthropos Paulos would certainly not openly rebuke the one whom Yeshua clearly commanded to go not only to the Circumcision but also to the Uncircumcision when Simon Ioannou received the three commissions, "Feed my arnion-lambkins", "Shepherd my probaton-sheep", "Feed my probaton-sheep". Therefore divide yourself in twain and perhaps then you might understand Petros/Paulos. Otherwise when you stand at the pearly gates expecting to be let in by Paulos you will find Petros. :lol:

Do you not think it strange that Peter is actually the one who states the very things which Paul claims to have confronted him about in front of the apostles and elders? Do you not find it a little odd that Peter is the one whom God made choice among all of them in order that the Gentiles should hear the Gospel by his mouth and believe? Paul states that he walks according to the Spirit and therefore this is the Light of everything he teaches. If we do not understand his writings in this Light, and ourselves walking according to the Spirit of the Word, then it is not possible that the natural mind of the natural man will understand. For the same reason the translators have butchered the passage which you reference from Galatians where not even the names "Kephas" and "Petros" are in agreement in all of the manuscripts.

Acts 15:5-11 KJV
5. But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
6. And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
7. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us,
that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
8. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
9. And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
10. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
11. But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Galatians 1:18-20 KJV
17. Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
18. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
19. But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.
20. Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.

Galatians 1:17-20 ASV
17. neither went I up to Jerusalem to them that were apostles before me: but I went away into Arabia; and again I returned unto Damascus.
18. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas, and tarried with him fifteen days.
19. But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.
20. Now touching the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.

The fact that Paul feels the need to even make the statement here, that he is "not lying", should be enough to raise a red flag to what he is about to say. If that were not enough there is a discrepancy in whether he writes that he went to see "Petros" or "Kephas". Which one is it and why does it matter? In addition the reason Paul states here that before God he is "not lying" is because on the surface there is indeed a direct contradiction in what he states here compared to what is recorded in the Acts when he returned from Damascus:

Acts 9:26-28 KJV
26. And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple.
27. But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.
28. And he was with them coming in and going out at Jerusalem.

It is fairly obvious that Paul is purposely drawing attention to these things and is therefore truly NOT lying; otherwise why would he draw attention to the facts? Now either you will go find out what all of this means or continue happily on your merry way believing a tainted version of Paul, and who he is, and what he is truly stating to be the case in Galatians. However, the popular flesh minded version of Paul is disqualified for making the Scripture into a lie, yet thankfully my version and understanding of Paulos is perfectly in accordance with the Truth of the Scripture and the Spirit thereof, whether you and your friends think of these things as "fruitcake recipes", "hook and crook paganism", or whatever other vain attempts at character assassination your feeble minds may conjure up.
:lol:

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
Retrobyter said:
Those who called themselves "Christians" were downright EVIL during the Inquisitions, Crusades, and Pogroms, regardless whom they attacked!
I don't see how bashing Christians with half-truths is doing anyone a service. Governments start wars, not churches. And, the Crusades saved Europe from Muslim domination. If Christians are to blame for pushing wars, the first place to look for the guilty in America are supporters of Israel.

His beef was not with all Jews, but was with THEIR LEADERS who were self-absorbed and were publicity seekers!
No, Retrobyter, not THEIR LEADERS. Jesus finds intrinsic fault with THE JEWS and you seek to destroy Jesus's words by saying Jesus just had issues with their leaders and so, in your reasoning, there's no intrinsic fault with the unbelieving Jews. I actually don't find anything in New Testament about Jewish leaders being publicity seekers.

Jewish denominations see Messianic Jews as a cult. If Christians weren't like a decapitated man living in fear, Messianic Jews would be also rejected as a cult by all Christian denominations. Messianic Jews don't even think of themselves as Christians, and who am I to call a Christian someone who doesn't call himself a Christian?

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Polt said:
I don't see how bashing Christians with half-truths is doing anyone a service. Governments start wars, not churches. And, the Crusades saved Europe from Muslim domination. If Christians are to blame for pushing wars, the first place to look for the guilty in America are supporters of Israel.

No, Retrobyter, not THEIR LEADERS. Jesus finds intrinsic fault with THE JEWS and you seek to destroy Jesus's words by saying Jesus just had issues with their leaders and so, in your reasoning, there's no intrinsic fault with the unbelieving Jews. I actually don't find anything in New Testament about Jewish leaders being publicity seekers.

Jewish denominations see Messianic Jews as a cult. If Christians weren't like a decapitated man living in fear, Messianic Jews would be also rejected as a cult by all Christian denominations. Messianic Jews don't even think of themselves as Christians, and who am I to call a Christian someone who doesn't call himself a Christian?
Think about the supernal implications of what you have said for a moment. It is true that our own people reject us, (the "Jews") and likewise most of the remainder of our own people reject us, ("Christianity"). That should indeed tell you something.

Acts 24:14
14. But this I confess unto thee, that after the Way, which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers; believing all things which are written in the Torah and in the Prophets:

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
daq said:
Think about the supernal implications of what you have said for a moment. It is true that our own people reject us, (the "Jews") and likewise most of the remainder of our own people reject us, ("Christianity"). That should indeed tell you something.
Most cultists, self-righteous deluded nutcases and false teachers/prophets under the umbrage of christianity feel this way. It is fruit of the self idolatry worked by the mystery of iniquity. Sons of darkness reject sons of light; and sons of light reject sons of darkness. Rejection in and of itself is not proof of anything.

One thing I have noticed to be fairly consistent, though, is that cultists and false teachers/prophets typically use rejection as self justification.

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
Most cultists, self-righteous deluded nutcases and false teachers/prophets under the umbrage of christianity feel this way. It is fruit of the self idolatry worked by the mystery of iniquity. Sons of darkness reject sons of light; and sons of light reject sons of darkness. Rejection in and of itself is not proof of anything.

One thing I have noticed to be fairly consistent, though, is that cultists and false teachers/prophets typically use rejection as self justification.
Only the one who has the Word inside of him walks it out in faithfulness and Lives in Messiah. Those running around calling others who disagree with them "messengers of Satan" and "cultists" are the most blatantly naked because their own self righteousness bubbles up and out from their foreheads like a festering boil. And no wonder such is the case when the Scripture says that the same have the great horn of Yavan between their eyes, (which was never cast out to begin with in such cases). Sadly they generally do not even realize that their own self righteousness comes from being taught that they were "saved" from the moment they did their one and only "work" by praying the sinners prayer. More unfortunately, after that one work, there is no telling them they are mistaken because they have become just as perfected as they always knew themselves to be. :)

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
daq said:
Judaism is a non-messianic religion. When you see that every Jewish denomination in the world rejects Messianic Jews as Jews, the message you should be getting is that Judaism is a non-messianic religion. But, rather, the message you take is that if everyone thinks you're wrong, then you must be right. You want to be an authority on what is a Jew, but you aren't. You want to change what the Bible says about Jews, but you can't.

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Polt said:
Judaism is a non-messianic religion. When you see that every Jewish denomination in the world rejects Messianic Jews as Jews, the message you should be getting is that Judaism is a non-messianic religion. But, rather, the message you take is that if everyone thinks you're wrong, then you must be right. You want to be an authority on what is a Jew, but you aren't. You want to change what the Bible says about Jews, but you can't.
What makes you think modern Jewry does not still await the Messiah or that Judaism is non-messianic? And who or what made you an authority concerning Judaism? Just because you see Yeshua rebuking his own more than anyone else in four Gospel accounts? Did you not read where he tells his own disciples to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, the leaven of the Sadducees, and the leaven of Herod? That means the leaders of the time were used as allegories for all disciples of Yeshua. What do you suppose it means when Herod took up James with the machaira-sword of spiritual warfare? Oh that's right, you see all things according to the flesh and probably assume that James was physically beheaded even though such a notion is nowhere to be found in the Greek. You should have heeded the leaven warning of the Master because, like your friend here, you are just as much a Herodian or Pharisee as anyone spoken of in the Gospel accounts or anywhere else. Just because you see the Master correcting the doctrines of his own people does not mean that he cast them off completely. However, it sure does make it easier for those like yourself to completely reject Jews and Judaism altogether doesn't it, (which also reveals your own self righteousness by the way). Salvation is of the Jews and this without understanding, (especially the purification rites) you get no good wine in your Cup of the Covenant. In fact if you have only half the Gospel then it effectually amounts to nothing because the small amount that you do have you proceed to employ to your own detriment, vainly attempting to destroy your own brethren who cross you, all the while commending yourselves as thinking that you do God a service by your verbal killing. However, you cannot kill what has already been killed anymore than your Philistine friend can stab spirit with his kitchen knife. :lol:

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Polt.

Polt said:
You don't know what you're talking about. Judaism, particularly orthodox Judaism, has as one of its tenets a teaching about Mashiach: http://www.jewfaq.org/search.shtml?Keywords=Messiah. Just because they don't recognize Yeshua` as that Mashiach doesn't mean that they aren't looking for one to come! Neither daq nor I have claimed to be an "authority on what is a Jew," but we are probably a little more savvy than you are. As far as what the Bible says about Jews, you're still ignorant.

Shalom, Polt.

Polt said:

First of all, governments don't start wars, either; power-hungry, self-absorbed, lustful MEN start wars, and it doesn't matter if they're found in the government or in the church or in some other walk of life. If they have the clout and the ear of the people, that's all they need to engender strife.

Second, you may not like to hear it or want to hear it, but those who called themselves "Christians," even if they really weren't true Christians, are still to blame for much of the strife down through the last 1800 years! The point I was making is that the Jews don't know to make a distinction between those who merely call themselves "Christians" and those who are truly Christians. And, since the majority face on the term "Christian" is what they know about the historical Roman Catholic Church and the denominations who first came out of the RCC calling themselves Protestants, like the Church of England, that's all they know about "Christianity!" For the most part, they don't know about "Baptists" or "Methodists" or "Lutherans" or any other group that has had a significant number of true believers within them. They only see the corrupt, historical RCC that DID much damage through the Inquisitions, the Crusades, the Pogroms and even the Holocaust. (Hitler claimed to be Christian.) How does it help to know about this? Ever hear the adage, "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it"? You should NOT be defending these atrocities; you should be acknowledging the damage they did to the collective, Jewish psyche!

How many Jews do you have in your congregation? Probably not many, right? The reason for this is because they FEAR CHRISTIANS (or they FEAR CHRISTIANITY) Most Christians also do not go out of their way to witness effectively to the Jews They, like you, write them off as a "lost cause," and go off to someone else! Well, I'm here to tell you that they are NOT a "lost cause!" They are being won to the Master Yeshua` haMashiach by the THOUSANDS because the Messianic Jews TAKE THE TIME TO WIN THEM EFFECTIVELY!

Isaiah 1:18
18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
KJV

This is an OT verse! They have this and many such verses in their Bible from which one can reason with them! And, you're just fooling yourself if you think that the problems are from the supporters of Isra'el!

Numbers 23:18-24
18 And he took up his parable, and said, Rise up, Balak, and hear; hearken unto me, thou son of Zippor:
19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
20 Behold, I have received commandment to bless: and he hath blessed; and I cannot reverse it.
21 He hath not beheld iniquity in Jacob, neither hath he seen perverseness in Israel: the Lord his God is with him, and the shout of a king is among them.
22 God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn (rhinoceros).
23 Surely there is no enchantment against Jacob, neither is there any divination against Israel: according to this time it shall be said of Jacob and of Israel, What hath God wrought!
24 Behold, the people shall rise up as a great lion, and lift up himself as a young lion: he shall not lie down until he eat of the prey, and drink the blood of the slain.
KJV

Numbers 24:2-9
2 And Balaam lifted up his eyes, and he saw Israel abiding in his tents according to their tribes; and the spirit of God came upon him.
3 And he took up his parable, and said, Balaam the son of Beor hath said, and the man whose eyes are open hath said:
4 He hath said, which heard the words of God, which saw the vision of the Almighty, falling into a trance, but having his eyes open:
5 How goodly are thy tents, O Jacob, and thy tabernacles, O Israel!
6 As the valleys are they spread forth, as gardens by the river's side, as the trees of lign aloes which the Lord hath planted, and as cedar trees beside the waters.
7 He shall pour the water out of his buckets, and his seed shall be in many waters, and his king shall be higher than Agag, and his kingdom shall be exalted.
8 God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows.
9 He couched, he lay down as a lion, and as a great lion: who shall stir him up? Blessed is he that blesseth thee, and cursed is he that curseth thee.
KJV

Joshua 1:1-9
1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,
2 Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.
3 Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.
4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.
5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
6 Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.
7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.
8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
KJV

Zech 2:1-12
2 I lifted up mine eyes again, and looked, and behold a man with a measuring line in his hand.
2 Then said I, Whither goest thou? And he said unto me, To measure Jerusalem, to see what is the breadth thereof, and what is the length thereof.
3 And, behold, the angel that talked with me went forth, and another angel went out to meet him,
4 And said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein:
5 For I, saith the Lord, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.
6 Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the Lord: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the Lord.
7 Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.
8 For thus saith the Lord of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.
9 For, behold, I will shake mine hand upon them, and they shall be a spoil to their servants: and ye shall know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me.
10 Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the Lord.
11 And many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto thee.
12 And the Lord shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.
KJV

Adonai, open Polt's eyes to the importance you've placed on your nation Isra'el!