MATTHEW 25:30 THE UNPROFITABLE SERVANT

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why all this talk as Jews being God's servants...as opposed to the universal covenant of grace to the entire world?

A talent in the parable is a measure of grace. We are meant to bring a return on God's investment in us in the form of fruit that lasts. To whom much is given, more is required.

Hi

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2 Timothy 3:16

The servant is the believing remnant of Israel. They believe Jesus is Messiah, Son of God. They have obeyed the commandments and will endure until the end. They will reign with Christ in the kingdom on earth. They will be given authority to reign in the kingdom on earth determined by their fruit.

Just as you have done, we can apply spiritual principles/ lessons to us, but this parable was directed to Israel.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Really Episkopos, A talent is a measure of money, hard currency, that the servants had to trade with to return a prophet with through the continuing oppression of the peoples of the earth by Satan's good and faithful servants.

This parable has be wrongly used by preachers in the past in their attempt to bring in the Kingdom of God. Jesus' instruction to those who want to help to bring in the Kingdom of God is, "To Believe in Him Who He has sent." This instruction has nothing to do with the oppression of people through being rich.

You are presenting a false doctrine here by linking God's Grace to this particular parable.

Oh wow...and is that all you can see?

So you are a literalist then..you see nothing spiritual in the bible..?
A tree is just that, a tree?

So what on earth do you do with the book of The Revelation?

Reactions: Episkopos

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to bear the fruit thereof.

Spiritual fruit.

Romans 6:4
[4] Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

“Buried” or “laid up in a napkin” ...isn’t that what is to be done with the natural man. Galatians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Matthew 11:28-30
[28] Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. [30] For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP only. not saying any is right or wrong, but consider this. the talents here is no in money. as all christian are we're not complete ...... yet. but the apostle Peter gives us the answer.
2 Peter 1:1 "Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
2 Peter 1:2 "Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
2 Peter 1:3 "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2 Peter 1:4 "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
2 Peter 1:5 "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2 Peter 1:6 "And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2 Peter 1:7 "And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity
.2 Peter 1:8 "For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1:9 "But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
2 Peter 1:10 "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
2 Peter 1:11 "For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1:12 "Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.
2 Peter 1:13 "Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;
2 Peter 1:14 "Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.
2 Peter 1:15 "Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.

add to your FAITH.

PICJAG

Reactions: Acolyte

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am speaking of a Jesus that teaches the kingdom of God by the use of parables. Do you really think that Jesus was teaching about the devil's kingdom by His parables?

No but ...He uses the natural to teach the Spiritual kingdom as in the natural birth where one is born naturally so is also one born Spiritually from above not of their own doing or choice but of God.
John 3:6-7
[6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. [7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

The kingdom in the parable is of the natural. Can’t deny the money and putting it to the money changes as in buying what man can’t buy as seen with the one who wanted to buy what power the disciples had given of God. The Lord is not a hard man. For the parable to move (have movement) as born natural moves to one born Spiritually...there has to be a death ‘buried’ ...who is called forth out of the tomb is it not the new man who is loosed and the ‘napkin’ (veil) removed from his face? This man whom is critized as least esteemed of men ‘feared’ the hard man. For movement the parable goes from natural to Spiritual...death and resurrection into Life. perfect love cast out fear, fear has torment...yet we promote the hard man in saying the parable speaks of man’s labour instead of entering into the finished work of God which IS not born of the natural (flesh) but of the Spirit of God and His (Spirit)fruit. Where none will be ashamed. Yet we promote the hard man and shame. Different kingdom but one of works rather than fruit of the Spirit of God and not man(flesh).

The others are esteemed when we are instructed to esteem no man but rather esteem God. If increase is given of faith or grace as it is attributed to the talents of parable...then the increase is Spiritual and given of God and not man.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi
I do take the Bible literally unless it is allegorical, then the Bible will make it clear that it is, as in Revelation 1:20, or Ephesians 6:17, or John 10:7.

I think we need to let the Bible speak for itself and try to discern who is being spoken to and what it is that is being spoken about. There is a danger in taken everything the Bible says as being spiritual or figuratively in that we can make it say anything we like.

I do think, however, that we can make spiritual applications from the Bible to us, even if the passages are not directed to us. Even the epistles of Paul which are directed to us today have to be rightly divided as in 1 Corinthians 10:1 where he speaks of our fathers, he is addressing Jews in particular.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are making the wicked servant good and the good servants wicked. The servant who buried his talent did nothing with it....he bore no fruit. That is the measure of grace that God's servants are given.

But to whom much is given....more is required. We are to bear the fruit thereof.

God is like a Gardiner...trimming our vines so as to produce more fruit.

That is right, he bore no fruit for Satan. This parable is not about one aspect of the Kingdom of God, but what Satan will put in place while he is in the Bottomless pit for 1,000 year. You sir are in error and sadly you do not know it.

ByGrace, I have looked at the words in both the parable of the Manias and the Talents and concluded, led by the spirit, that the now traditional understanding is wrong. Both parables are about Satan being absent from the face of the earth and his empowering of his servants by the giving of money to trade with to continue the oppression of the people on the earth so that they have no time to consider the words of the Kingdom of Priests and the Holy Nation and God's possession among the nations. Is this not a spiritual understanding of the word of God.

If you go back to Exodus 15:22-26 you can see the reference to the Tree that will heal Israel:-

Exodus 15:22-26 Bitter Waters Made Sweet
22 So Moses brought Israel from the Red Sea; then they went out into the Wilderness of Shur. And they went three days in the wilderness and found no water. 23 Now when they came to Marah, they could not drink the waters of Marah, for they were bitter. Therefore the name of it was called Marah. 24 And the people complained against Moses, saying, "What shall we drink?" 25 So he cried out to the Lord, and the Lord showed him a tree. When he cast it into the waters, the waters were made sweet.

There He made a statute and an ordinance for them, and there He tested them, 26 and said, "If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you."
It was also a statute that a man put to death on a tree could not be left on that tree once he had died when night fell.

Deuteronomy 21:22-23: - Miscellaneous Laws

22 "If a man has committed a sin deserving of death, and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, 23 his body shall not remain overnight on the tree, but you shall surely bury him that day, so that you do not defile the land which the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance; for he who is hanged is accursed of God.
As to how I look at the Book of Revelation, that is an entirely different topic, and one that I would be happy to discuss in an appropriate thread, however, Revelation cannot be taken literally as it is written but it must be read and the understanding sort through the revelation of the Spirit.

The issue becomes if you do not understand the intent of the Parables of the Manias and the Talent, then are you able to understand the Book of Revelation and what its contextual message is?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is right, he bore no fruit for Satan. This parable is not about one aspect of the Kingdom of God, but what Satan will put in place while he is in the Bottomless pit for 1,000 year. You sir are in error and sadly you do not know it.

ByGrace, I have looked at the words in both the parable of the Manias and the Talents and concluded, led by the spirit, that the now traditional understanding is wrong. Both parables are about Satan being absent from the face of the earth and his empowering of his servants by the giving of money to trade with to continue the oppression of the people on the earth so that they have no time to consider the words of the Kingdom of Priests and the Holy Nation and God's possession among the nations. Is this not a spiritual understanding of the word of God.

If you go back to Exodus 15:22-26 you can see the reference to the Tree that will heal Israel:-

Exodus 15:22-26 Bitter Waters Made Sweet
22 So Moses brought Israel from the Red Sea; then they went out into the Wilderness of Shur. And they went three days in the wilderness and found no water. 23 Now when they came to Marah, they could not drink the waters of Marah, for they were bitter. Therefore the name of it was called Marah. 24 And the people complained against Moses, saying, "What shall we drink?" 25 So he cried out to the Lord, and the Lord showed him a tree. When he cast it into the waters, the waters were made sweet.

There He made a statute and an ordinance for them, and there He tested them, 26 and said, "If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you."
It was also a statute that a man put to death on a tree could not be left on that tree once he had died when night fell.

Deuteronomy 21:22-23: - Miscellaneous Laws

22 "If a man has committed a sin deserving of death, and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, 23 his body shall not remain overnight on the tree, but you shall surely bury him that day, so that you do not defile the land which the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance; for he who is hanged is accursed of God.
As to how I look at the Book of Revelation, that is an entirely different topic, and one that I would be happy to discuss in an appropriate thread, however, Revelation cannot be taken literally as it is written but it must be read and the understanding sort through the revelation of the Spirit.

The issue becomes if you do not understand the intent of the Parables of the Manias and the Talent, then are you able to understand the Book of Revelation and what its contextual message is?
To the hungry soul every bitter thing will become sweet.

Reactions: Acolyte and Helen

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi
They are the believing remnant of Israel. They believe Jesus is Messiah, Son of God. They have obeyed the commandments and will endure until the end. They will reign with Christ in the kingdom on earth.
Israel was cast out, never to be restored again. Any Israelite who wants back in must be "grafted in" the same way non-Israelites are grafted in. In what? The Vine, Jesus. The remnant is the last day church of God comprised of these grafted ones.