Matthew 25:42-46

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
New Living Translation

42 For I was hungry, and you didn’t feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn’t give me a drink. 43 I was a stranger, and you didn’t invite me into your home. I was naked, and you didn’t give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’

44 “Then they will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?’

45 “And he will answer, ‘I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.’

46 “And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life.”

Reactions: amadeus

RAD

May 5, 2022
Leicester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
New Living Translation

"42 For I was hungry, and you didn’t feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn’t give me a drink. 43 I was a stranger, and you didn’t invite me into your home. I was naked, and you didn’t give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’

44 “Then they will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?’

45 “And he will answer, ‘I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.’

46 “And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life.”

Matthew 25 vs 31-46 are some of the the most Compassionate and Challenging of all Christs teachings, it is the only time Christ depicts in detail the "Day of Judgement" and shows that our salvation or condemnation will be based on the way we react to those in need, the hungry, the thirsty, the sick, the homeless, the stranger, and as such carry a grave warning to all of us living in comparative Wealth and Comfort while the mass of Gods creation live in poverty and hardship.

Reactions: My Dreams

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@My Dreams

You are right, we should be doing the things that God puts on our hearts to do. However, our giving and blessing should begin with the people with whom we rub shoulders with, and then if the Lord prompts us to give further afield when we have the additional means to do so, then we should also bless those people that God has put on our hearts in other countries.

People need a trust factor in giving to people in overseas locations. They need to know that the people are trustworthy. That they will wisely use the money provided to bless the people around them and not syphon some of that money off to a pet project that they have, like building a new church to promote themselves. That they will not become jealous when we direct money through them to others. People in western nations want a secure means of transferring money to the people in need within the third world nations that God has prompted them to support monetarily for a period of time.

I am aware of ministries in southern Asia countries which are lacking in funds to provide the ministries that they were created to provide. Their support base has dwindled within the Churches that originally sent them. Their original supporters have now passed away and new supporters within those churches are now now aware of the needs within that overseas ministry.

We on this forum have many "pet" overseas people and projects that we may already be supporting to the extent that we are capable of doing so.

The hearts of many of the members on this forum, may be crying out to God to enable us/them to do more for the needs of the people in impoverished nations. I certainly am considering in extending my support for a second goat project in the northern part of the Indian sub-continent. This second goat project will only scratch the surface a little deeper of all of the needs in that country. I have to weigh the needs of my own family and their needs with the needs that the second goat project also brings.

God will be my judge, as to whether or not I have given with a Hebraic mindset, or a Grecian one, as He separates the Sheep from the Goats at the time of the final judgement.

Our willingness to gives depends a lot on our understanding of the character of the person who requests funds to support them. This trust is build over time as we get to know the person who is asking.

Shalom

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New Living Translation

42 For I was hungry, and you didn’t feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn’t give me a drink. 43 I was a stranger, and you didn’t invite me into your home. I was naked, and you didn’t give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’

This is not to be take lightly--it is the precedence and an example of one of the ways of blaspheming the Holy Spirit sent by Jesus during these times.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
@My Dreams

You are right, we should be doing the things that God puts on our hearts to do. However, our giving and blessing should begin with the people with whom we rub shoulders with, and then if the Lord prompts us to give further afield when we have the additional means to do so, then we should also bless those people that God has put on our hearts in other countries.

People need a trust factor in giving to people in overseas locations. They need to know that the people are trustworthy. That they will wisely use the money provided to bless the people around them and not syphon some of that money off to a pet project that they have, like building a new church to promote themselves. That they will not become jealous when we direct money through them to others. People in western nations want a secure means of transferring money to the people in need within the third world nations that God has prompted them to support monetarily for a period of time.

I am aware of ministries in southern Asia countries which are lacking in funds to provide the ministries that they were created to provide. Their support base has dwindled within the Churches that originally sent them. There original supporters have now passed away and new supporters within those churches are now now aware of the needs within that overseas ministry.

We on this forum have many "pet" overseas people and projects that we may already be supporting to the extent that we are capable of doing so.

The hearts of many of the members on this forum, may be crying out to God to enable us them to do more for the needs of the people in impoverished nations. I certainly am considering in extending my support for a second goat project in the northern part of the Indian sub-continent. This second goat project will only scratch the surface a little deeper of all of the needs in that country. I have to weigh the needs of my own family and their needs with the needs that the second goat project also brings.

God will be my judge, as to whether or not I have given with a Hebraic mindset, or a Grecian one, as He separates the Sheep from the Goats at the time of the final judgement.

Our willingness to gives depends a lot on our understanding of the character of the person who requests funds to support them. This trust is build over time as we get to know the person who is asking.

Shalom

You know compassion international was helping Children through Pastors our Government stopped compassion international to help Pastors now these Pastors have no funds for children one such , Pastor came to meet me the next day when I came to wife's village he was seeking help for his mission and 40 Children

You know the enemy blinds the eyes so it's difficult to see trustworthy person. There are trustworthy persons and you will feel encouraged seeing their life of faith and prayer I wish you had met my dad in person , you would have got a different perception.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is not to be take lightly--it is the precedence and an example of one of the ways of blaspheming the Holy Spirit sent by Jesus during these times.

Scott, your post is too cryptic to make sense of what you are really trying to say.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, your post is too cryptic to make sense of what you are really trying to say.
Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? Mark 4:13

Thirty +/- parables did not prompt that comment and question to be entered into the eternal word of God. It's all parables.

...Anyway, the tie between Jesus' comments "inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me" is that He then "stands at the door and knocks. If anyone hears His voice and opens the door, He comes in to him and dine with him, and he with Me", because "it is no longer we who live, but Christ lives in us", by the Holy Spirit who "takes of what is His and declares it to us." In this way, therefore, if one offends one whom Christ has sent by the Holy Spirit...the offence toward the person is forgivable, but not so if by the Holy Spirit.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? Mark 4:13

Thirty +/- parables did not prompt that comment and question to be entered into the eternal word of God. It's all parables.

...Anyway, the tie between Jesus' comments "inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me" is that He then "stands at the door and knocks. If anyone hears His voice and opens the door, He comes in to him and dine with him, and he with Me", because "it is no longer we who live, but Christ lives in us", by the Holy Spirit who "takes of what is His and declares it to us." In this way, therefore, if one offends one whom Christ has sent by the Holy Spirit...the offence toward the person is forgivable, but not so if by the Holy Spirit.

And still too cryptic for a "sinner" like me to make heads or tails of what you are saying.

Yes the "rich" of this world can hear God's prompting for us to give generously to the "poor," but we can also create the dilemma for ourselves that the "poor" will become more dependant on us, the "rich," to provide all of their needs rather than remaining dependant all of the time on God to provide for their needs. God can out give the rich of this world many times over, but it requires both the rich and the poor to be fully dependant on God all of the time and to be responsive to His promptings to do just the work that he is prompting us all to do, all of the time.

Some people get it right and are led by the Holy Spirit and God's outworking can be seen in what He does with their abilities to do great things for Him.

Shalom

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And still too cryptic for a "sinner" like me to make heads or tails of what you are saying.

Yes the "rich" of this world can hear God's prompting for us to give generously to the "poor," but we can also create the dilemma for ourselves that the "poor" will become more dependant on us, the "rich," to provide all of their needs rather than remaining dependant all of the time on God to provide for their needs. God can out give the rich of this world many times over, but it requires both the rich and the poor to be fully dependant on God all of the time and to be responsive to His promptings to do just the work that he is prompting us all to do, all of the time.

Some people get it right and are led by the Holy Spirit and God's outworking can be seen in what He does with their abilities to do great things for Him.

Shalom
Let me put it a different way:

If it is no longer the person who lives but the Spirit of God who lives in them, and one offends them--who have they offended, the person or the Spirit of God? The only correct answer is the one who lives, therefore the offence is against the Holy Spirit. And what do we know about such blaspheme against the Holy Spirit?

If you can follow this line of thinking, it is the same as what Christ has said are against Him rather than against the one who such offences are committed.​

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

and it is still does not help. You may understand what you are trying to say, but the words provided may not necessarily convey the context of what you may think you are saying.

If I cannot understand what you are attempting to convey, then how will others also understand?

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know compassion international was helping Children through Pastors our Government stopped compassion international to help Pastors now these Pastors have no funds for children one such , Pastor came to meet me the next day when I came to wife's village he was seeking help for his mission and 40 Children

You know the enemy blinds the eyes so it's difficult to see trustworthy person. There are trustworthy persons and you will feel encouraged seeing their life of faith and prayer I wish you had met my dad in person , you would have got a different perception.

"You know the enemy blinds the eyes so it's difficult to see trustworthy person" The Lord is not blind, He sees the trustworthy and the untrustworthy. He that is truly born from above, can not help but do the things Jesus ask of us.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
"You know the enemy blinds the eyes so it's difficult to see trustworthy person" The Lord is not blind, He sees the trustworthy and the untrustworthy. He that is truly born from above, can not help but do the things Jesus ask of us.

you said right, I think everyone will agree

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
I was moving around wife's village and made these videos.
This village serango is on the top of a mountain and 80% are christians it was established before 100 years by canadian baptist missionaries

Enjoy seeing these video, may be it will give a glimpse of an Indian villages and its believers here.

https://youtu.be/g2y3LGATTIk

https://youtu.be/akM6ahxFDg4

https://youtu.be/3bn0uF6Jc3U

https://youtu.be/P3goUr9QrBs

https://youtu.be/Lg1S6jWdf2U

https://youtu.be/rk3QNdX63_w

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If it is no longer the person who lives but the Spirit of God who lives in them, and one offends them--who have they offended, the person or the Spirit of God? The only correct answer is the one who lives, therefore the offence is against the Holy Spirit. And what do we know about such blaspheme against the Holy Spirit?

If you can follow this line of thinking, it is the same as what Christ has said are against Him rather than against the one who such offences are committed.​

and it is still does not help. You may understand what you are trying to say, but the words provided may not necessarily convey the context of what you may think you are saying.

If I cannot understand what you are attempting to convey, then how will others also understand?
I have spoken clearly already, but now bluntly:

Whoever offends one who has the spirit of God during these times, offends the Holy Spirit, which is not forgivable. Which now occurs even in the church.​

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have spoken clearly already, but now bluntly:

Whoever offends one who has the spirit of God during these times, offends the Holy Spirit, which is not forgivable. Which now occurs even in the church.​

Oh ScottA, you make great points that seem to be from the scriptures, but yet are not peppered with scriptures to confirm what you are posting, is true.

Sadly, My Dreams is seeing/experiencing a hinderance to spreading the gospel because the Government of India has endorsed laws which stops overseas Christian sourced money from being given to Christian ministries in India. so that the Gospel can be spread throughout India.

The predominate argument used against the Christian churches in India is that people are "converting" to Christianity because of the money that new Christians receive when they become a Christian.

Yes many, in Christian leadership, miss use the Bible Scriptures in efforts to gain the "means" that they see is necessary for them to expand the number of people that willingly come into the Everlasting Kingdom of God.

Yes it is easy for all to offend the Holy Spirit in our zeal to provide the means of Salvation for the people around the world. What God requires of us all is that we follow the prompting of the Holy Spirit to respond to the needs of the people and the best way in which we can help them.

The caste system in India can be likened to the book titled "Animal Farm," where the Higher Castes are the privileged cast and this system is used to oppress the lower castes so that they cannot rise up to become equal.

Christianity is not about equality, one with another, but about the relationship that we develop with God whether we are rich or poor. Our status in God's eyes has nothing to do with our affluence or social standing with others, but how we abide in His Love and demonstrate our love towards others. It is not about what we can gain through our own efforts but is rather about our acceptance of God's love just for us if we love Him.

Christianity in India is offensive to many because it attacks the caste system in that it teaches that all are equally equal to God and that the lowest serving castes are just as deserving of God's grace as the higher castes.

In the Western Church we also have a caste system that is based on either how rich a person is or on how "spiritual" a person can become in the eyes of others. The heart of the servant has become lost in our western churches as we desire the best just for ourselves.

Shalom

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh ScottA, you make great points that seem to be from the scriptures, but yet are not peppered with scriptures to confirm what you are posting, is true.

Sadly, My Dreams is seeing/experiencing a hinderance to spreading the gospel because the Government of India has endorsed laws which stops overseas Christian sourced money from being given to Christian ministries in India. so that the Gospel can be spread throughout India.

The predominate argument used against the Christian churches in India is that people are "converting" to Christianity because of the money that new Christians receive when they become a Christian.

Yes many, in Christian leadership, miss use the Bible Scriptures in efforts to gain the "means" that they see is necessary for them to expand the number of people that willingly come into the Everlasting Kingdom of God.

Yes it is easy for all to offend the Holy Spirit in our zeal to provide the means of Salvation for the people around the world. What God requires of us all is that we follow the prompting of the Holy Spirit to respond to the needs of the people and the best way in which we can help them.

The caste system in India can be likened to the book titled "Animal Farm," where the Higher Castes are the privileged cast and this system is used oppress the lower castes so that they cannot rise up to become equal.

Christianity is not about equality, one with another, but about the relationship that we develop with God whether we are rich or poor. Our status in God's eyes has nothing to do with our affluence or social standing with others, but how we abide in His Love and demonstrate our love towards others. It is not about what we can gain through our own efforts but is rather about our acceptance of God's love just for us if we love Him.

Christianity in India is offensive to many because it attacks the caste system in that it teaches that all are equally equal to God and that the lowest serving castes are just as deserving of God's grace as the higher castes.

In the Western Church we also have a caste system that is based on either how rich a person is or on how "spiritual" a person can become in the eyes of others. The heart of the servant has become lost in our western churches as we desire the best just for ourselves.

Shalom
I see that we are talking about two different things.

I was commenting about Matthew 25:42-46 and how it addresses (in addition to other things) that other order-of-the-day and these times, which is to say, the arrangement by Jesus to build His church by what comes forth from the Father by the Holy Spirit.

My point was that within the church there are those whom the Holy Spirit is speaking through, and also in the church are those who attack them like Peter acting under Satan to Christ. It is not enough to say to those who do such "Satan get thee behind me" when the comeback is..."Well...you can't say that--I also have the Spirit, and I disagree."

Anyway...enough said.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
New Living Translation

The original text in verse 45 which are Jesus' own words, has a bit of a different rendering in other Bibles.....but I believe that this slight difference is significant.
“And he will answer, ‘I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.’"
It may not seem like much on the surface of it.....but the Greek word for "brothers" here is "adelphos" and if you look elsewhere in the scriptures it is almost always rendered "brother('s)". It sometimes means "brothers and sisters" but almost always, in Jewish male dominated society it simply meant males in some capacity. In scripture, these "brothers of Christ" are referred to as "sons of God". (Hence maybe gender confusion)
These are not "sons" by birth, but "sons" by adoption. (Romans 8:14-17) We are reminded that in heaven there is no gender or nationality, so regardless of gender, Christ's "adelphos" would be supported by those who were not of that calling. (Galatians 3:26-28)

The significance is that the ones who were commended for doing good deeds to the least of Christ's "brothers", he counted as being done to himself. So we have three lots of individuals mentioned here.....Christ...his "brothers"....and those who supported them. Christ's "brothers" are his elect (both males and females).....those chosen to rule with him in heaven. Not all received the "heavenly calling" to be "saints". (Hebrews 3:1)
Paul highlighted this when he addressed his letter to those in Corinth.....

" to the church of God that is in Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, and called to be saints, with all those in every place who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours." (NET)
He distinguishes two groups here.....those called to be "saints"...a designation that has been completely lost by the churches, but understood by the elect, because it requires an anointing with God's spirit....and a 'baptism into Jesus' death', meaning that these will live a life like Christ's, dedicated to doing the will of God first in their lives, and will die a death like his, being resurrected "in the spirit" so that they can enter heaven. (1 Peter 1:3-4; 1 Peter 3:18) "Their Lord and ours" signifies that all these are Christ's disciples, but with a different destiny.

Those who did good deeds towards Christ's brothers will be rewarded with everlasting life here on earth, because that is where the general resurrection of the dead takes place as Jesus promised.....
"Do not be amazed at this, because a time is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and will come outthe ones who have done what is good to the resurrection resulting in life, and the ones who have done what is evil to the resurrection resulting in condemnation." (John 5:28-29 NET) That word rendered "condemnation" should actually be "judgment", because this word is connected to a trial where the dead who are returned to life, may have lived in a time or place where knowledge of God and his Christ was not available to them. These will be given a trial period in order to be educated in God's ways and have an opportunity to bring their lives into harmony with God's will. Jehovah is a God of justice and would not hold those ones accountable for lacking knowledge they never had available to them.

There are two things to note about Jesus' words here.....the resurrection was to take place in the future, meaning that those in their graves have not gone anywhere, but are sleeping peacefully, waiting for Jesus to bring them back to this life with the earth cleansed of wickedness and to enjoy the paradise conditions that we lost in Eden, restored as God intended them to be. (Revelation 21:2-4)

And the fact is that all the dead are brought forth from the same place.....their "tombs". The Greek word for "tomb" here is "mnēmeion" which has the sense of a memorial or someone 'remembered' by God. To his Jewish audience, a burial place clearly marked with their name and lineage was of the utmost importance, which is why those who were condemned to "Gehenna" were disposed of like trash in the city's garbage dump.
"Gehenna" became "hellfire" because of the flames that never went out...but nothing alive was ever cast into this "hell".

In all nations the good news of God's Kingdom was to be preached...often to a hostile audience. But not a soul in any nation who is a true disciple of Christ, will be left destitute. (Psalm 37:25)

Just FYI.....

RAD

May 5, 2022
Leicester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"Love your neighbour as yourself and treat others as you would want to be treated", its that simple, there are over 800 million men, women and children in this world living in abject poverty, hungry, without access to clean water or sanitation, healthcare or education, living in shanty towns or homeless, and how we react to them is i believe a true reflection of the depth of our faith, our Love of Christ and the basis on which we will be judged.