Matthew 28:19 – Trinity corrupted verse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a former catholic - raised in the catholic church and it's teachings - I am fully aware of it's false doctrines.
You follow the Catholic church.
The Elect follow the Word of God.
The catholic church twists scripture unto their own destruction.
Flee and run to Christ - He alone can save you - Sola Scriptura

May the Lord Jesus Christ give unto you the revelation of who He is and grant you the Holy Spirit - Amen

the one holy catholic and apostolic church wrote the scriptures
Has authority to teach the truth revealed by God in Christ Matt 28:19

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmmm.....Only one verse or sentence in Matthew has been changed? Is it possible that theology has changed over the years? I agree with you that in the early Church some baptized in the name of Jesus only and others used the trinitarian method. Wouldn’t that mean there was a change in theology or teaching over the years? And the dominate, or theologically correct method of baptism won out? How can you KNOW which one was added and His words were altered? Your evidence of alteration is very weak.....IMO.

Your “baptize only in the name of Jesus” teaching is not held by a majority of denominations. Does that concern you?

Mary

what real good is the Bible alone when you present the verse they say it is as corrupted???

Reactions: Marymog

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The religious document known as the Didache was written by a person/persons who we actually don't know who he/they were. The thing is, this document, contrary to the practice of what Jesus said and done at the Lord evening meal, the Didache says to pass the wine before the bread, contrary to scripture. It also stated that if there was no body of water available for baptism to immerse someone in water, pouring water on a person's head would be ok, contrary to the scriptures. This document also stated that it was an obligation to those who said they were Jesus followers, to fast twice daily and recite the our Father exactly three times, again contrary to the scriptures. The simple fact is the Didache isn't the inspired word of God. So I wouldn't trust everything it says. The Apostles are shown in scripture to be baptizing in the name of Jesus, not once do we have it written down in scripture when the Apostles are baptizing people do they say the words they are baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. So as I said ad continue to say there's nothing wrong with a person/person's being baptized in the name of Jesus.

it is referenced in the scriptures acts 2:42
The apostles have authority from Christ to teach
Matt 16:18 matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must be instructed
Lk 1:4
Matt 28:19
Acts 8
Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 thee faith of all Christians

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the one holy catholic and apostolic church wrote the scriptures
Has authority to teach the truth revealed by God in Christ Matt 28:19

The catholic church did not come into existence until Constantine - 313 AD

The Apostle Paul warns us of the apostacy of the catholic church - Acts 20:29-32 and I Timothy 4:1-3

"having a form of godliness but denying the power - from such turn away"

Run away fro religion which cannot save you. Run to Jesus and to Him alone - Amen

Reactions: Wrangler

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is referenced in the scriptures acts 2:42
The apostles have authority from Christ to teach
Matt 16:18 matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23
First of all I have no problem with the apostles of Jesus having the authority from him to teach, that's not the issue with me. Now if I understand you right you're saying that Acts 2:42 is referring to the Didache which I can't agree with, mainly because too many of you in the context of these scriptures want to ignore what the Apostle Peter said at Acts 2:38. The Apostle Peter didn't say to be baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit but for those people to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Also as I said the Didache goes contrary to scripture on some scriptural issues. And as I said the Didache isn't the inspired word of God, we don't know who wrote it and it was unknown until it was discovered by a Greek Orthodox bishop named Philotheos Bryennios in Turkey in 1873

Reactions: Wrangler

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The catholic church did not come into existence until Constantine - 313 AD

The Apostle Paul warns us of the apostacy of the catholic church - Acts 20:29-32 and I Timothy 4:1-3

"having a form of godliness but denying the power - from such turn away"

Run away fro religion which cannot save you. Run to Jesus and to Him alone - Amen

And you claim the Bible alone
That ain’t in the Bible
This is Matt 16:18 Christ founded the church on peter

Acts 20 word Catholic Church not there

acts 20 refers to heresy not the one true church with the teaching authority of Christ

no salvation outside the church and the sacraments

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark none were saved, outside the church none are saved)
The church is the ark of salvation!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you claim the Bible alone
That ain’t in the Bible

He quoted Acts 20:29-32 and I Timothy 4:1-3. So, what do you mean what he wrote is not in the Bible? Desperate must you be to make such false claims.

This is Matt 16:18 Christ founded the church on peter

LOL. Out of 30,000 denominations, only your denomination holds this view, which is the first usurpation of Christ's authority on Earth.

Guess what? Matthew is not called a Petertarian. Believers in the Gospel of Matthew are not called Petertarians. It is an insult to Peter, if the church is founded on him, to not be called Petertarians!

Reactions: David in NJ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He quoted Acts 20:29-32 and I Timothy 4:1-3. So, what do you mean what he wrote is not in the Bible? Desperate must you be to make such false claims.

LOL. Out of 30,000 denominations, only your denomination holds this view, which is the first usurpation of Christ's authority on Earth.

Guess what? Matthew is not called a Petertarian. Believers in the Gospel of Matthew are not called Petertarians. It is an insult to Peter, if the church is founded on him, to not be called Petertarians!

Christ is the founder hence Christians

you’re not Christian there is a word for you heretic! Even worse fundamentalist

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the apostles establish the authority of Christ

at his own command Matt 28:19
What’s you’re problem

Wow! What Circular Reasoning.

How about this. Christ was GIVEN all authority on Earth and heaven BY GOD. There is no record of Jesus delegating his God-given authority to anyone.

We talked about how Jesus endorsed denomination by opposing rebuking a man performing miracles in his name though he was not a part of Jesus’ followers. Your position is absurd.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the only history I see of people being baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, if that's what you're talking about, is after the death of the Apostles and that's human history not the Biblical history of the Apostles as far as I can see. All scripture that I've seen of the Apostles baptizing people, they were baptized in the name of Jesus. (Acts 2:38; Acts 10:48; Acts 19:5)
I don't recall anywhere in the scriptures of the Apostles using the phrase or saying, baptize them in the name of the Father of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, but instead they said to baptize people in the name of Jesus, which is reasonable to me since it wasn't the Father or the Holy Spirit that died for mankind it was the Only Begotten Son Jesus who died for mankind so it's understandable to me that we, as the scriptures say, are baptized in Jesus death. People making a big deal about someone being baptized and that person isn't baptized using the phrase, in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and they say that person isn't baptized properly, well I don't think the Apostles were baptizing people improperly when they baptized people in Jesus name.

Well because in the epistles, baptism is rarely mentioned. Book of acts is the history of the very early church. The work done with the Jews and the preaching was of a different quality than to the gentiles who had little to no knowledge of God.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the apostles establish the authority of Christ

at his own command Matt 28:19
What’s you’re problem

"the apostles establish the authority of Christ" is both heresy and anti-christ

catholocism = heresy
Pope/Vicar of Christ = anti-christ, wolves in sheeps clothing
Mother of God/Mary worship(praying to Mary) = idolatry, praying to a false god

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! What Circular Reasoning.

How about this. Christ was GIVEN all authority on Earth and heaven BY GOD. There is no record of Jesus delegating his God-given authority to anyone.

We talked about how Jesus endorsed denomination by opposing rebuking a man performing miracles in his name though he was not a part of Jesus’ followers. Your position is absurd.

matt 28:18-20 I have all authority
Now go do! They require his authority to do it, he gave it to them

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is more Circular Reasoning and Doublespeak by you. How can the church be founded on Peter if Christ is the founder?

Matt 16:17-19

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

You can’t give the keys or authority or power to a confession!

That’s how

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"the apostles establish the authority of Christ" is both heresy and anti-christ

catholocism = heresy
Pope/Vicar of Christ = anti-christ, wolves in sheeps clothing
Mother of God/Mary worship(praying to Mary) = idolatry, praying to a false god

thems fighting words
Scripture answers now

catholic = universal or all or whole world

Major covenants!

God initiated each covenant and the mediator always remains on earth mediating the covenant except for Christ who made Peter His personal representative and vicar! (Matt 16:18)

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal)

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Lk 2: 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (All people universal)

1 Tim 2:5 one mediator

Jn 10:16 One new covenant church

more to come

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 16:17-19

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

You can’t give the keys or authority or power to a confession!

That’s how

Peter is not the Rock - The Rock is what Peter said = "Thou(Jesus) art the Christ(Messiah) the Son of the Living God"
Read what Peter said in his letter to us = 1 Peter chapter 2 = Christ is the Foundation, the Rock, the Chief Corner Stone

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pope/Vicar of Christ

Isa 22:21-22

vicar of christ simply means
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Emphasis on John 20 same mission power and authority

Mother of God
Lk 1:43
Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14
Immaculate conception of Mary free from original and all sin gen 3:15 Lk 1:28 Lk 1:49 rev 12:1