Matthew 28:19 – Trinity corrupted verse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pope/Vicar of Christ

Isa 22:21-22

vicar of christ simply means
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Emphasis on John 20 same mission power and authority

Mother of God
Lk 1:43
Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14
Immaculate conception of Mary free from original and all sin gen 3:15 Lk 1:28 Lk 1:49 rev 12:1

Adding to or taking away from God's Words will leave you in darkness, now and for all eternity - remain as you are or humble yourself before God that He may raise you up.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter is not the Rock - The Rock is what Peter said = "Thou(Jesus) art the Christ(Messiah) the Son of the Living God"
Read what Peter said in his letter to us = 1 Peter chapter 2 = Christ is the Foundation, the Rock, the Chief Corner Stone

have eyes but don’t read

You can’t give the keys or jurisdictional authority to a confession!

Christ is head and founder and ascended to heaven leaving peter and the apostles and their successors in charge

Isa 22:21-22

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adding to or taking away from God's Words will leave you in darkness, now and for all eternity - remain as you are or humble yourself before God that He may raise you up.

we are the humble ones faithful obedient

Protestantism only produces rebellion disobedience pride presumption and arrogance

Jn 8:32 you shall know the truth, the truth shall make you free

but you’re doctrine of devils only enslaves you in fundamentalist spiritual blindness and anarchy

obedience of faith the Bible says not read and make you’re own faith

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are the humble ones faithful obedient

Protestantism only produces rebellion disobedience pride presumption and arrogance

Jn 8:32 you shall know the truth, the truth shall make you free

but you’re doctrine of devils only enslaves you in fundamentalist spiritual blindness and anarchy

obedience of faith the Bible says not read and make you’re own faith

lol - remain as you are, stay a catholic, pray the rosary beads, pray to Mary mother of god, kiss the Pope, continue in sin

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well because in the epistles, baptism is rarely mentioned. Book of acts is the history of the very early church. The work done with the Jews and the preaching was of a different quality than to the gentiles who had little to no knowledge of God.
This doesn't justify human tradition trumping scripture. Too many people want people to follow imperfect men and what they say rather than going by what is written down in scripture. I don't know what other people will choose to do and that's their choice what they choose to do but I'll always believe the scriptures trump human tradition

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The religious document known as the Didache was written by a person/persons who we actually don't know who he/they were. The thing is, this document, contrary to the practice of what Jesus said and done at the Lord evening meal, the Didache says to pass the wine before the bread, contrary to scripture. It also stated that if there was no body of water available for baptism to immerse someone in water, pouring water on a person's head would be ok, contrary to the scriptures. This document also stated that it was an obligation to those who said they were Jesus followers, to fast twice daily and recite the our Father exactly three times, again contrary to the scriptures. The simple fact is the Didache isn't the inspired word of God. So I wouldn't trust everything it says. The Apostles are shown in scripture to be baptizing in the name of Jesus, not once do we have it written down in scripture when the Apostles are baptizing people do they say the words they are baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. So as I said ad continue to say there's nothing wrong with a person/person's being baptized in the name of Jesus.
So let me see if I understand you correctly Barney.

You “don’t trust” what is written in the Didache (written in the time of the Apostles) by Christian men of the 1st century but you do trust what is written by Christian men in the 21st century 2,000 years removed from the time of the Apostles? I don’t understand that....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The catholic church did not come into existence until Constantine - 313 AD

The Apostle Paul warns us of the apostacy of the catholic church - Acts 20:29-32 and I Timothy 4:1-3

"having a form of godliness but denying the power - from such turn away"

Run away fro religion which cannot save you. Run to Jesus and to Him alone - Amen
So your theory is that Constantine brought together all the leaders of Christian churches scattered throughout the known world in the year 313AD, forced them to agree upon doctrine/theology and whola’.....the Catholic Church was born?

Wouldn’t the Christian revolution/rebellion in the 16th century that rejected everything that had been taught for 1,500 years and splintered Christianity into multiple sects/denominations/teachings fit better into your Acts 20 and 1 Timothy theory?

Curious Mary

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol - remain as you are, stay a catholic, pray the rosary beads, pray to Mary mother of god, kiss the Pope, continue in sin

Jn 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

there is only one church one pope who has care of our souls

mother of divine grace Lk 1:28
Mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Found favor of our salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your theory is that Constantine brought together all the leaders of Christian churches scattered throughout the known world in the year 313AD, forced them to agree upon doctrine/theology and whola’.....the Catholic Church was born?

Wouldn’t the Christian revolution/rebellion in the 16th century that rejected everything that had been taught for 1,500 years and splintered Christianity into multiple sects/denominations/teachings fit better into your Acts 20 and 1 Timothy theory?

Curious Mary

good job Mary
If Constantine did gather the bishops together for a council, it means they were already bishops and successors of the apostles and the church already existed, this is truth cos it was founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors Matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! What Circular Reasoning.

How about this. Christ was GIVEN all authority on Earth and heaven BY GOD. There is no record of Jesus delegating his God-given authority to anyone.

We talked about how Jesus endorsed denomination by opposing rebuking a man performing miracles in his name though he was not a part of Jesus’ followers. Your position is absurd.
Hi Wrangler,

How does Luke 10:16 and John 20:23 and the Council of Jerusalem fit into your teaching?

Mary

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Wrangler,

How does Luke 10:16 and John 20:23 and the Council of Jerusalem fit into your teaching?

Mary

Spiritually blind fundamentalists don’t believe in authority or apostles or the councils, only spiritual anarchy

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
theefaith said:
Jn 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

there is only one church one pope who has care of our souls

mother of divine grace Lk 1:28
Mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Found favor of our salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38

As a former catholic and the authority invested in me by the Holy Spirit, I say to you - Repent, There is no salvation in any other then Jesus, for there is no other name given to men whereby we MUST be saved - Repent, turn away from falsehood and turn to the Lord Jesus Christ. Acts 4:12
Whoever works on the Lord's Sabbath shall be cut off from the Grace of God = Exodus 35:2 and Ephesians 2:8-9

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritually blind fundamentalists don’t believe in authority or apostles or the councils, only spiritual anarchy
Hi thefaith. I get the gist of your point but I have to disagree with you a little bit.

Fundamentalists actually do believe in authority. They believe THEY have the authority to interpret Scripture because Scripture tells them they do (John 16:13).

They also believe in...for a lack of better words “councils” and “apostles”...however they call them annual meetings of church leaders. Those leaders then decide what the church is going to teach/practice/theology etc.

I don’t honestly believe THEY want anarchy. It is Satan that wants it and fundamentalist provide that for him....but I get your point. :)

Respectfully....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
theefaith said:

As a former catholic and the authority invested in me by the Holy Spirit, I say to you - Repent, There is no salvation in any other then Jesus, for there is no other name given to men whereby we MUST be saved - Repent, turn away from falsehood and turn to the Lord Jesus Christ. Acts 4:12
Whoever works on the Lord's Sabbath shall be cut off from the Grace of God = Exodus 35:2 and Ephesians 2:8-9
Hi David,

At the Last Supper Jesus said “Do this in remembrance of me”. Do you?

Jesus also said we must eat his body and drink his blood. Do you?

If you don’t obey those commands by Jesus, will you be saved?

Curious Mary

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two things -
#1) "Do this in remembrance of Me." = Absolutely, Yes
and
#2 If you don't obey, will you be saved?
One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: 'Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!' But the other criminal rebuked him. 'Don't you fear God,' he said, 'since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.' Then he said, 'Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.' Jesus answered him, 'I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.'" (Luke 23:39-43, NIV)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
theefaith said:

is the church And the sacraments necessary for salvation?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is the church And the sacraments necessary for salvation?

But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God— children born not of blood, nor of the desire or will of man, but born of God. John 1:13

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:7-9

Sola Scriptura

Last edited:

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two things -
#1) "Do this in remembrance of Me." = Absolutely, Yes
and
#2 If you don't obey, will you be saved?
One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: 'Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!' But the other criminal rebuked him. 'Don't you fear God,' he said, 'since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.' Then he said, 'Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.' Jesus answered him, 'I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.'" (Luke 23:39-43, NIV)

The following scriptures are foreign to those who look toward the trinity for salvation. You won't find them in any man made creeds. Sooner or later you will find this to be true.

For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)

Here's quote from a trinitarian. "Jesus raised Himself for the dead." The Second Coming... what you don't know, but should...

However, if you stick to the Word of God and don't let the doctrines of men pollute it, the scriptures promise salvation. "For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation." (Romans 10:10)

With that he (Jesus) called the crowd near and said to them: “Listen and get the sense of it: It is not what enters into a man’s mouth that defiles him, but it is what comes out of his mouth that defiles him. (Matthew 15:10-11)

All the Best