matthew7:1-2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
could you guys give me an example of the said verse? bible example and todays example

i just want to know what exactly is being a judge

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
as far as i know all of us are judges because if we do not judge how else can we know what right from wrong and which church is the real church and which church is the satan church if we do not judge

then the word "judge" that i know is probably not the same as the word of God

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
could you guys give me an example of the said verse? bible example and todays example

i just want to know what exactly is being a judge

doesn't the rest of the subject explain it to you?

Mat 7:1  Judge not, that ye be not judged. 
Mat 7:2  For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 
Mat 7:3  And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 
Mat 7:4  Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 
Mat 7:5  Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. 
Mat 7:6  Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. 

in a nutshell God doesn't have to judge you, you receive your own judgement, unless you go by God's Judgement in all matters. therefore if you judge not you will not be judged because God's Judgement is Life and any other is not Life. so should one judge others then the same is unto the judger, but what is God's Judgement?

Jesus didn't withhold healing from anyone who requested it, He didn't give them a full up and down of their iniquities because His Judgement isn't His but His Father's in Heaven which is Life.

again, God doesn't have to judge you, one suffers their own judgement, unless they have no judgement of their own in which case they receive God's Judgement which is Life.

when you think about it honestly that is one hard walk to follow, and some say that a pennant life isn't necessary.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP. good topic,
understand Judgments as a type, there is a righteous Judgment, as well as an unfair Judgment. one is to help, and the other is to hurt.
let us give this as you asked in an example. "to tempt", God cannot be tempted with.... "evil, James 1:13 "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:"

but notice the last part of the scripture, "neither tempteth he any man". but watch this, Genesis 22:1 "And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am."

but did not James say, "God tempteth no man", and Abraham is a man. so what gives. answer, God tempt or "TEST" or "PROVE" for righteousness, not for evil. see the term "tempt" is just as Judgment, for Good or Evil. God cannot be tempted with evil correct. now watch this, Malachi 3:10 "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

now is a "Blessing" Good or Evil.. Good.

PROVE: H974 בָּחַן bachan (baw-chan') v.
1. to test (especially metals).
2. (generally and figuratively) to investigate.
[a primitive root]
KJV: examine, prove, tempt, try (trial).

NT, James 1:13 "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:"

TEMPT: G3985 πειράζω peirazo (pei-ra'-zō) v.
to test (objectively), i.e. endeavor, scrutinize, entice, discipline.
[from G3984]
KJV: assay, examine, go about, prove, tempt(-er), try
Root(s): G3984

see it now.

you asked for a modern day example. ok, crude but I hope it helps. if your neighbor, whom maybe you haven't see oudside the house in their yard..ect for a while, you go over to check on them to see if they are ok.

you made a right/Good Judgment to check on them to make sure that they are ok. and not to spy on them to keep up with the Jones.

your motives was RIGHTEOUE, out of Love for one another. meaning here their health.

Hope that Helped.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Addressing the OP. good topic,
understand Judgments as a type, there is a righteous Judgment, as well as an unfair Judgment. one is to help, and the other is to hurt.
let us give this as you asked in an example. "to tempt", God cannot be tempted with.... "evil, James 1:13 "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:"

but notice the last part of the scripture, "neither tempteth he any man". but watch this, Genesis 22:1 "And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am."

but did not James say, "God tempteth no man", and Abraham is a man. so what gives. answer, God tempt or "TEST" or "PROVE" for righteousness, not for evil. see the term "tempt" is just as Judgment, for Good or Evil. God cannot be tempted with evil correct. now watch this, Malachi 3:10 "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

now is a "Blessing" Good or Evil.. Good.

PROVE: H974 בָּחַן bachan (baw-chan') v.
1. to test (especially metals).
2. (generally and figuratively) to investigate.
[a primitive root]
KJV: examine, prove, tempt, try (trial).

NT, James 1:13 "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:"

TEMPT: G3985 πειράζω peirazo (pei-ra'-zō) v.
to test (objectively), i.e. endeavor, scrutinize, entice, discipline.
[from G3984]
KJV: assay, examine, go about, prove, tempt(-er), try
Root(s): G3984

see it now.

you asked for a modern day example. ok, crude but I hope it helps. if your neighbor, whom maybe you haven't see oudside the house in their yard..ect for a while, you go over to check on them to see if they are ok.

you made a right/Good Judgment to check on them to make sure that they are ok. and not to spy on them to keep up with the Jones.

your motives was RIGHTEOUE, out of Love for one another. meaning here their health.

Hope that Helped.

PICJAG
thank you this really did helped

Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does that mean God can be tempted with good things o.o
First thanks for the Reply, second, WITH, or "FOR" GOOD THINGS. God is already Good. so, why test/tempt him ..... "WITH" good things? how about "FOR" Good things.
, Malachi 3:10 "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

He Love GOODNESS, he Love when we do RIGHT, or TRY to do RIGHT. example, Acts 10:35 "But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him."

Just make sure that your intentions are RIGHTEOUS, for he will not forget the GOOD you have done in his NAME, and the opposit is true, Psalms 95:8 "Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:"Psalms 95:9 "When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work."

PICJAG

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
as far as i know all of us are judges because if we do not judge how else can we know what right from wrong and which church is the real church and which church is the satan church if we do not judge

then the word "judge" that i know is probably not the same as the word of God

We do need to be able to judge. Isn't that called discernment - a gift of the Holy Spirit.

Perhaps it means we shouldn't judge others without taking a good look at ourselves first.

I think the 'judging' mentioned here may be of the derogatory type. But there are also other ways of judging as in choosing a winner in a contest - I don't that as relevant here though, just using it as an example. Judging if a person is fit for a particular role is another way. We are called to judge ourselves soberly.

But discernment is a gift we must use carefully, prayerfully, wisely and thoughtfully. We can't jump in with both feet and then claim discernment. It has to be from the Spirit.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
discernment is the ability to Judge well. that is to KNOW, to know Good from Evil. but what if you don't KNOW?

PICJAG

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
discernment is the ability to Judge well. that is to KNOW, to know Good from Evil. but what if you don't KNOW?

PICJAG
If you don't know don't judge. Or pray until you do know.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't know don't judge. Or pray until you do know.
that's the point, 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

if you don't know a thing, PROVE IT.
PROVE: G1381 δοκιμάζω dokimazo (d̮o-kiy-ma'-zō) v.
1. to test and prove.
2. (thus, positively) to verifiably approve (by examination).
3. (by implication) to examine and verify.
4. (of an implement) to test out an item (to verify it works well).
{literally or figuratively}
[from G1384]
KJV: allow, discern, examine, X like, (ap-)prove, try
Root(s): G1384

PICJAG

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But discernment is a gift we must use carefully, prayerfully, wisely and thoughtfully. We can't jump in with both feet and then claim discernment. It has to be from the Spirit.
I agree, 1 John 4:1 "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

and try is the same word Prove,
G1381 δοκιμάζω dokimazo (d̮o-kiy-ma'-zō) v.
1. to test and prove.
2. (thus, positively) to verifiably approve (by examination).
3. (by implication) to examine and verify.
4. (of an implement) to test out an item (to verify it works well).
{literally or figuratively}
[from G1384]
KJV: allow, discern, examine, X like, (ap-)prove, try
Root(s): G1384

PICJAG

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
i know how to discern good from evil but i am blind and i do not know that i am blind how will i ever know that i am blind??

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i know how to discern good from evil but i am blind and i do not know that i am blind how will i ever know that i am blind??
jesus will open your eyes if you ask him. He is the light of the world. He healed the pgysically blind and he will also open the eyes of the spiritually blind. Which is all of us until we are born again.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
jesus will open your eyes if you ask him. He is the light of the world. He healed the pgysically blind and he will also open the eyes of the spiritually blind. Which is all of us until we are born again.
okay but how will i ask that if i am blind i can't see that i am wrong but i can see that i am always right<<this is just an example to explain the question thank you