matthew7:1-2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
ok i see the opposition will pray for the person who is blind then and that person will know that he was blind

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
okay but how will i ask that if i am blind i can't see that i am wrong but i can see that i am always right<<this is just an example to explain the question thank you
You ask with your mouth, your heart. You could ask Jesus to show you truths with complete clarity. You could ask him to show things you need to know. You could ask the Holy Spirit to open the eyes of your understanding.

Ephesians 1:18
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,

Reactions: amadeus and 101G

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
could you guys give me an example of the said verse? bible example and todays example

i just want to know what exactly is being a judge
A judge is regarding/treating someone different because of their faults/sins.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
could you guys give me an example of the said verse? bible example and todays example

Hi stredaleve.

In the Greek there are 6 words we translate "judge" in English, so it is vital to know which Greek word is uses. Here in Matt. 7 in verses 1&2 the Word is "krino" and in most biblical uses it is about judging whether someone is saved or not. This type of judgment is for God alone and we are not to do so.

We definitely need to judge when someon is in sin or not (including ourselves) and make decisions (judgments) about what to do etc. But deciding whether someone i s fit for heaven or not is not ours to decide.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thank for your inqury,
okay but how will i ask that if i am blind i can't see that i am wrong but i can see that i am always right<<this is just an example to explain the question thank you
ok i see the opposition will pray for the person who is blind then and that person will know that he was blind
lets take this one step at at time.
Seeking God, and you're ASKING... Good. Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:"Matthew 7:8 "For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."

but when one ask, ask in "FAITH", James 1:5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."James 1:6 "But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed."James 1:7 "For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord."James 1:8 "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways."

so how do one get Faith, it's in you just add to it, Romans 12:3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."
everyone has "the" measure of faith. NOT "a" measure, but "THE" measure, so everyone hase the same amout, and that faith that you have now is "ASKING". and more faith comes by HEARING the Word of God. Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

now that God has given us Faith, we need to do something in the Faith he has given us ..... to grown in it. learn the basic command of God Holy word.... LOVE, Love of God and fellow man, then learn basic doctrines. because having a basic working knowledge of God grow us off milk and then we can move onto understanding basic doctrine. scripture, Isaiah 28:9 "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts."Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:"

now how do one learn Doctrine? after they get the basic down first. and how do one get precept must be upon precept, line upon line, line upon line? answer, 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

now a little revelation about 2 Timothy 2:15, study here is not to "Learn" God, no, but by studying, his Holy Word, he will reveal himself unto you, amd when he do he will answer all of your question, everyone of them.

see, one is going to have to spend some time with the Lord that's why the prophet David said, Psalms 1:2 "But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night."

so, stredaleve, my advice to you is this, Spend some time with the Lord yourself. and "READ" his word with the Holy Spirit.... ok, see if that will help. whatever you do in words or deeds do it all in the NAME of the Lord JESUS... ok.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: amadeus

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

The Scripture says that he who is spiritual judges all things, but is judged of no man (1 Corinthians 2:15). The Apostles to the Hebrews says, "But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil" (Hebrews 5:14).

This is the type of judgment that we can all make, using Scripture as the basis on which to make our evaluation. As we can see, the qualification for making a sound judgment is being spiritual, mature, and experienced. In other words, a person who is qualified to make sound judgment is a person of the Word and of prayer, not a novice in the things of God.

Also, the judgment is not similar to a judge who bases his judgment of people, based on rule of law. It is not a criticism of someone who does not come up to our standards of conduct and behaviour. For example, we can make a judgment if a person's behaviour is obviously bringing the church into disrepute by actions of the flesh as listed in Galatians 5, and we can follow the Scriptural guide for bring the issue to the person's attention and giving good advice based on Scripture. But judging a woman because she is wearing trousers instead of a skirt or dress, is not valid judgment, but is a judgment based on personal religious prejudice.

We have churches with their set of rules, and much judgment of people is based on those rules, which often is invalid because it is based on "this is the way we do things here", and such judgment consists of spiritual abuse and plain bullying by people who want to have power and control over others.

Valid judgment is mostly about keeping oneself safe, as Peter said, "Be sober and vigilant because the devil goes around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour" (1 Peter 5:8). We can also judge preaching and prophecy, using Scripture as our moderating guide. Paul says, "Let two or three prophesy, and the others judge" (1 Corinthians 14:29). If more did that, much of false teaching and "prophecies for the nation" would be rejected out of hand, instead of being accepted and innocent believers experiencing harm and disillusionment as a result.

What Matthew is saying is that if we judge another, the same measure of judgment will be used back on us. Jesus showed this by telling the crowd who had brought the woman caught in adultery: "Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone". Sin is breaking the Law, and one infraction of the Law is the same as another; so if one judges another for drinking too much wine, then that person could in turn be judged for having lustful thoughts toward a member of the opposite sex. This shows that a person who judges others because of perceived infraction of the Law, (or their church rules), is usually a hypocrite because of shortcomings and failures in himself.

We need to be very careful when someone comes to us with a "word of knowledge" that "reveals" sin in us. In most cases it is more of a personal criticism and spiritual abuse rather than a true word from God. My rule is to totally reject any unsolicited "words of knowledge" so I can be kept safe from divination spirits that often come with such words. It is tragic that so many innocent believers are put in spiritual bondage to demonic influence through unsolicited false "words of knowledge" from someone who has a controlling spirit.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would seem that we are absolutely to judge the actions and words of humanity in terms of right and wrong, but we should not judge any single part of Creation, and that includes any specific person. We should judge all things said and done, but not the creation itself.

This seems to be why we are in danger to even refer to someone as an idiot. Rendering a person as an idiot, whitewashed wall, brood of vipers, etc, these are reserved for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit to say and determine.

Matthew 5:22 NLT - "But I say, if you are even angry with someone, you are subject to judgment! If you call someone an idiot, you are in danger of being brought before the court. And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell."

Last edited:
Reactions: MattMooradian
Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judgement is needed, it’s a matter of using good judgement. I have kids. I don’t let them go anywhere with certain people, because I use good judgement. Good judgement is a good tool that keeps a person out of harms way.

when my kids learn to use good judgement, I know they are maturing and can be given more responsibility.

If you’re not going to judge, how are you going to decide someone is a dog or a swine which Matthew mentions in the same passage?

judgement and condemnation are two separate things, we seem to not realize that.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as far as i know all of us are judges because if we do not judge how else can we know what right from wrong and which church is the real church and which church is the satan church if we do not judge

then the word "judge" that i know is probably not the same as the word of God
I always equated "Judging" as saying someone is hopeless.

Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Judgement is like a gun, it’s a tool that can be used to kill others or for self protection and the protection of others. Just like a sword in unskilled hands it’s most dangerous to the user.

we are all already condemned, and like Isaiah says Zion shall be redeemed with judgement. To not judge rightly leaves men in their condemnation. I can’t condemn you, just as you cannot condemn me. We are told to keep a clean body, if we don’t allow ourselves to be judged, how can we claim to be a part of that body? Jesus says to wash each other’s feet, not to run around trying to wash people’s feet that don’t want anything to do with the path we claim we walk. We judge inside our own body (the body of Christ) and keep it clean.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as far as i know all of us are judges because if we do not judge how else can we know what right from wrong and which church is the real church and which church is the satan church if we do not judge

then the word "judge" that i know is probably not the same as the word of God

I think there's a difference in choosing which is the real church that Jesus Christ is head of and judging. There's also a difference of the elect, who are the ones chosen by God to be kings, priests and judges in that Messianic kingdom that Jesus is king of and who will rule over the Earth, and those who will be the subjects of that Kingdom who will be judged, and ruled over by kings

Reactions: Harvest 1874

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It’s hypocrisy, double standards and unjust weights that harm us where judgement of others is concerned. Because we are rife with that self blindness, we call judgement down on ourselves when we judge another.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi stredaleve,

Jesus was not telling his disciples that they could not ever judge the behavior of others. He was cautioning them to live righteous lives themselves so that their judgment of others’ behavior would not be rash judgment and their efforts would be effective in admonishing their neighbors.

My two cents worth...Mary

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew’s Gospel quotes Jesus as saying: “Stop judging that you may not be judged.” (Matt. 7:1) According to Luke, Jesus said: “Stop judging, and you will by no means be judged; and stop condemning, and you will by no means be condemned. Keep on releasing, and you will be released.” (Luke 6:37) The first-century Pharisees judged others harshly, in keeping with unscriptural traditions. Any of Jesus’ listeners who did that were to “stop judging.” Instead, they were to “keep on releasing,” that is, forgiving the shortcomings of others. The apostle Paul gave similar counsel regarding forgiveness.

By extending forgiveness, Jesus’ disciples would move people to respond with a forgiving spirit. “With what judgment you are judging, you will be judged,” said Jesus, “and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you.” (Matt. 7:2) With respect to our treatment of others, we reap what we sow. Gal. 6:7.

Recall that in order to indicate how wrong it is to be overcritical, Jesus asked: “Why, then, do you look at the straw in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the rafter in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Allow me to extract the straw from your eye’; when, look! a rafter is in your own eye?” (Matt. 7:3, 4) A person inclined to criticize another individual takes note of a minor defect in his brother’s “eye.” The critic is suggesting that his brother has impaired perception and poor judgment. Though the fault is minor—like a bit of straw—the critic offers to “extract the straw.” He hypocritically volunteers to help the brother see things more clearly.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes in a way it is....like looking at a criminal who is in prison and saying he is hellhound and there is no chance left for him.....
I am thankful for prison ministries!

Reactions: Truther

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
By extending forgiveness, Jesus’ disciples would move people to respond with a forgiving spirit. “With what judgment you are judging, you will be judged,” said Jesus, “and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you.”
i exprience that a lot of times now at first i just let it go but letting it go when it is still there so it went the wrong way i judged we argued i am tired of this that was 4 times probably more than 4 it's still happening right now got a hunch that it is a misunderstanding on my part and misunderstanding on their part i tried to talk it out but nowadays why is it everything i do is not going my way she did not understand a thing she said i could not repeat all that and make it more understandable because it was a confession i said that after the elders which is on bad terms with their bros/sis said that if you are angry with your bro you should tell it to that bro instead of telling it on other people and start a rumor i can't believe i said that to her and pointed out that it is biblical and she said she could not understand a thing

forgiveness instead of judging her? i guess that she's misunderstanding me that is why she's giving me cold treatment that makes me angry with her ...should i just continue the misunderstanding on her part since i already told her all of it and yet she could not ubderstand a thing and just forgive her? then i will really suffer just like putting a hand above a lighted candle it burns but you will still put your hand on it qwq...