Maturity in Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
That which isn't harmful or too harmful. But a change from some things are good.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Seems like hours, and hours and years of study. If only I could put that much into my bible!
Which Bible do you read? I heard discussions on the gospels, I read them, lived up to them, read much of the beginning and the end of the Bible I read the beginning of the good news bible to study Genesis and I learned about Jesus at school as a kid.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Deceiving spirits can do EXACTLY the same thing as you claim, and speak the same way, that's why the Bible identifies them as deceiving spirits. As a matter of fact , in the Bible , our Lord Jesus Christ warned about those that will produce wonders to NOT be deceived by them! Jesus warned that at the end of the age there would be an increase in spiritual deception. Those who are in Christ's church need to be very careful and spiritually discerning and to confirm all by the authority of the Bible scriptures.
I have very strong FAITH in JESUS, in the heavenly FATHER GOD, the HOLY SPIRIT, And the Holy God-breathed scriptures.
Matt 24:24
"23 At that time, if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There He is,’ do not believe it. 24 For False Christs and False prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would mislead, if possible, even the elect.
25“Behold, I have told you in advance.
26“So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out, or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them.
27“For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.
28“Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather."
I just want to live, forever if possible. If it's Christ, or the father God or God, and his kingdom, it's good because those who work for them or believe upon them, really both, should get their stay, and reward. Helping out is good because you and others can always benefit. Sometimes we can get in over our heads and Christ or God can help, we just have to be willing.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Too much of anything isnt good, unless you play your cards right. Butt to be careful is good because sometimes it's better to be cautious.

Reactions: tzcho2

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should at some point however please ourselves. Right?
Considering that God created everything initially "very good" and He loved men always, would He not also have intended to please men and men like to do this or that or the other in the flesh. Are all fleshly activities evil? Certainly not, but we must always strive to remember and ask God to help to remember to keep first things first:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

The underlined phrase is really there, but don't ignore or neglect those first things in order to play tennis or watch a football game or take your wife out for a nice dinner once in a while.

Give God the glory!

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I agree. That's what I do I just smoke.
I used to smoke weed, do some drugs, and drink alcohol. It wasn't so bad but I had power to quit. I heard negative stories. It was fun while it lasted though. I like to drink coffee and milk.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Considering that God created everything initially "very good" and He loved men always, would He not also have intended to please men and men like to do this or that or the other in the flesh. Are all fleshly activities evil? Certainly not, but we must always strive to remember and ask God to help to remember to keep first things first:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

The underlined phrase is really there, but don't ignore or neglect those first things in order to play tennis or watch a football game or take your wife out for a nice dinner once in a while.

Give God the glory!
No not all fleshy activities are evil but can be damaging.