meme dump!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
most of what i have learned about Yah was from animals, yeh
if you sit still long enough in a forest you will see stuff you wouldnt imagine ever being able to see

Totally agree. I told the Lord once - “ About this love thing, I love animals more than people.”

He didn’t answer :)

Reactions: Goldie75

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Totally agree. I told the Lord once - “ About this love thing, I love animals more than people.”

He didn’t answer :)
fwiw imo this is not necessarily a good thing, although i do share it anyway, yeh.
if we thought of our kin as like younger siblings or something...but forgiveness is harder there, i agree

we have a superiority over animals that it feeds our egos to love them more i guess

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
fwiw imo this is not necessarily a good thing, although i do share it anyway, yeh.
if we thought of our kin as like younger siblings or something...but forgiveness is harder there, i agree

we have a superiority over animals that it feeds our egos to love them more i guess

Very true.

It’s a fleshly thing...loving animals more than people.
But people will always let you down , even a spouse...animal rarely do...so we feel safer with animal.

Plus they don’t answer back....not often anyway ! :D

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Plus they don’t answer back....not often anyway !
well, so you say...but imo dogs particularly, "man's best friend," speak a language that um we have a channel for, and i guess cats, too, quite similar to the sheep/goats thing imo. I mean i prolly dont even have to label which is which right

B

brakelite

I think we can go too far in that direction.
Coming from New Zealand, where there are literally no snakes, (an absolute truth) and coming to Australia where there are more varieties of dangerous snakes than the rest of the world combined, I was amazed...astounded...horrified even...that they are a protected species!!!! Find a writhing terrifying venomous critter in your bathroom here and you do not fetch the shotgun...spade...sledge hammer...no, you ring a local wildlife expert to relocate the darling lovable affectionate minding its own business serpent.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Coming from New Zealand, where there are literally no snakes, (an absolute truth)
"There are four species of snakes which have been found naturally in New Zealand..."

dont you even check first bl?
I was amazed...astounded...horrified even...that they are a protected species!!!! Find a writhing terrifying venomous critter in your bathroom here and you do not fetch the shotgun...spade...sledge hammer...no, you ring a local wildlife expert to relocate the darling lovable affectionate minding its own business serpent.
ha well you might, me, im makin a pot of chili lol
but my guess is they are protected for a valid reason(s)?

In Australia, is it illegal to kill a poisonous snake ...
In Australia, is it illegal to kill a poisonous snake? - Straight Dope Message Board
Because all native tetrapods are protected by law. Snakes are just protected by the same umbrella laws that protect birds and mammals and lizards. It would have required a special effort not to protect dangerous snakes, and since that is unnecessary, it has never been done.

Snakes | Environment | Department of Environment and Science
Snakes | Environment | Department of Environment and Science
Snakes are protected under the Nature Conservation Act 1992 and it is an offence to kill, injure or take snakes from the wild. Snakes play an important role in maintaining the natural environment. Along with other reptiles, they make up a significant proportion of the middle-order predators that keep natural ecosystems working.

B

brakelite

"There are four species of snakes which have been found naturally in New Zealand..."

dont you even check first bl?

ha well you might, me, im makin a pot of chili lol
Well, I lived in NZ 64 of my 67 years and never, not once, did I hear of, read about, or see a snake in NZ. Except a dead taipan in a jar on my uncle's piano lol.
The locals don't ring the wildlife people on every occasion, perhaps just the kiwis ans the ladies...The locals do the relocating themselves...they relocate the head to one part of their property and the rest to another.

Okay,I shall now investigate snakes in NZ.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
B

brakelite

Was working on a fence last year when the lady next door came outside to warn us that she had just buried a tiger snake that morning. She didn't offer any explicit details how said snake was ultimately dispatched, but we thanked the kind lady for her contribution to the general welfare of the neighborhood.
When I first arrived here in Australia I found myself constantly eyeing the undergrowth, even the sides of the motorways lol for anything resembling a snake. 3 years now and I still haven't seem one. I've gotten over that initial paranoia.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The undergrowth is pretty thick around my part of Victoria, but it's even thicker in Tasmania, you cannot walk through the bush at all down south a little bit out of Waratah until you get to Zeehan or Queenstown, it's so thick, that all the trees and bushes combined look like a wall of green on the sides of the roads in Western Tasmania.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Was working on a fence last year when the lady next door came outside to warn us that she had just buried a tiger snake that morning. She didn't offer any explicit details how said snake was ultimately dispatched, but we thanked the kind lady for her contribution to the general welfare of the neighborhood.
When I first arrived here in Australia I found myself constantly eyeing the undergrowth, even the sides of the motorways lol for anything resembling a snake. 3 years now and I still haven't seem one. I've gotten over that initial paranoia.
i guess Aussies kinda recog on some level the havoc they have already wreaked on the environment, i forget which invasive species were introduced that made the biggest impact; wanna say rabbits