Mental Disorder of LGBT: Analysis - Spiritual, Political and Scientific

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From Overcoming homosexuality - Conservapedia

Overcoming homosexuality is definitely possible for those who wish to abandon homosexuality, and many ex-homosexuals attest to this matter. Today many report overcoming homosexuality and becoming heterosexuals or celibate through their Christian faith or healthy activities,[1] including celebrities. Repetitive activities have a significant influence on one's sexuality, such as whether a male becomes a figure skater (pro-gay) or a baseball player (virtually no gays), or a female becomes a basketball player (pro-lesbian) or a ballerina (virtually no lesbians). Chess appears to deter homosexuality in both genders.
This would be funny if there weren't people who believed this.
In 1980, a study was published in the American Journal of Psychiatry and eleven men participated in this study. The aforementioned study stated that eleven homosexual men became heterosexuals "without explicit treatment and/or long-term psychotherapy" through their participation in a Pentecostal church.[2]

Many people do not understand the causes of homosexuality so they mistakenly believe that overcoming homosexuality is not an available option.
Yeah the "study" is a piece of work. All 11 of the men began their "program of conversion" while still minors meaning they didn't have a choice. The Pentecostal "program" for gays involves verbal, emotional and physical abuse. It also involves extreme isolation. They are held prisoner in their homes with not outside contact except for church. (the better to hide the signs of abuse) The study participants were interviewed with their families and pastor present. 8 of he men became emotionally detached from homosexual identity. Detachment is not an uncommon thing to observe in people who had and are being tortured. 3 men were "functionally heterosexual" with some evidence of neurotic conflict. Notice that the researchers aren't saying they were heterosexual they would just go through the motions which caused them distress.
This was written up 40 plus years ago. I hope that these men managed to escape their abusers and get some help in healing themselves.

Reactions: Nancy

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great vid on science of sex determined at conception - not birth.

Yeah she is from the right wing organization "do no harm" (they actually advocate a lot of harm) they tried to sue Pfizer because they imitated the “Breakthrough Fellowship Program” aimed at increasing employment diversity.. Selected fellows begin work at Pfizer in the summer after their junior year at college and are placed on multi-year career paths to rise to manager positions or higher. Do No Harm said this discriminated against white people even though the application to the program clearly stated that there was no racial qualification and the application itself did not ask the applicant to identify their race at all.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah she is from the right wing organization "do no harm" (they actually advocate a lot of harm)
Once again, all you can do is ignore the science. The evidence she presented was to point out that there is NO BENEFIT but there is a lot of evidence to HARM trans patients in the long run with the chemicals and surgeries. Denial. It's all you got.

Reactions: amigo de christo

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, all you can do is ignore the science. The evidence she presented was to point out that there is NO BENEFIT but there is a lot of evidence to HARM trans patients in the long run with the chemicals and surgeries. Denial. It's all you got.
She didn't present evidence.

She presented a lot of propaganda. For instance, she quoted the Finnish Dr. Riittakerttu Kaltiala: "It's purposeful disinformation..." She was not talking about medical interventions of any sort. She was talking about the claims that gender affirming care do not affect the suicidal ideology in trans teens. So, she lied.

It's interesting to note that she tried to use Dr. Riittakerttu Kaltiala, an expert in trans youth and someone who practices gender affirming care every day. Kaltiala said "It is important to accept children as they are, pressuring a child to conform to behaviors traditionally associated with the child’s sex is wrong. Adults should not in engage in either 'negating the body' or 'dismissing the mind' "

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well then, please go right ahead and post the "evidence" you claim she presented.
We are into the 2nd page of evidence. Feel free to read it all again. Feel free to watch the videos as many times as you need to in order to understand the evidence.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are into the 2nd page of evidence. Feel free to read it all again. Feel free to watch the videos as many times as you need to in order to understand the evidence.
So you can't show any evidence you claimed was presented in your video link.

May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The court ruling on LGBT ENDS THIS DEBATE

I believe the courts should rule that a person’s gender is the gender stated on one’s birth certificate and the gender classification cannot be changed, period, nada, zip, never.

:)-

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The court ruling on LGBT ENDS THIS DEBATE

I believe the courts should rule that a person’s gender is the gender stated on one’s birth certificate and the gender classification cannot be changed, period, nada, zip, never.

:)-
What has that got to do with anything here?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As opposed to what?
The Righteousness of Bigotry? (yikes)
As opposed to humility and respect for our differences and those with greater aptitude than ourselves.

Just watched Wimbledon. Although I admire the athletes, I no there is no equality in my tennis game compared to theirs.

"EQUALITY" is a market tested term by evil cultural marxists, confusing Americans with the God given Equal Rights.

Reactions: amigo de christo

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As opposed to humility and respect for our differences and those with greater aptitude than ourselves.

Just watched Wimbledon. Although I admire the athletes, I no there is no equality in my tennis game compared to theirs.

"EQUALITY" is a market tested term by evil cultural marxists, confusing Americans with the God given Equal Rights.
I can't recall you ever showing humility or respect here

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard a mental health expert a few weeks ago talking about how odd it is that psychiatry now affirms gender dysphoria while, if an anorexic or bulimic tells a therapist they believe they're fat and the therapist affirms it and the poor soul goes out and commits suicide, the therapist can then be charged with and convicted of manslaughter or worse.

Research shows that we are, by our patronizing social policies, subjecting gender dysphorics to a false sense of normality that leads to needless and both difficult and expensive to treat depression, anxiety and other mental illness.

God is not mocked. He will repay those who keep his erring children ensnared in deception (all too often for the sake of profit and prestige).

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard a mental health expert a few weeks ago talking about how odd it is that psychiatry now affirms gender dysphoria while, if an anorexic or bulimic tells a therapist they believe they're fat and the therapist affirms it and the poor soul goes out and commits suicide, the therapist can then be charged with and convicted of manslaughter or worse.
Please remember gender dysphoria is an anxiety disorder that affects about 15% of transexuals at some point in their lives. It is not transgenderism

Research shows that we are, by our patronizing social policies, subjecting gender dysphorics to a false sense of normality that leads to needless and both difficult and expensive to treat depression, anxiety and other mental illness.

God is not mocked. He will repay those who keep his erring children ensnared in deception (all too often for the sake of profit and prestige).
Actually depression and anxiety in this population is linked directly with lack of support and being on the receiving end of prejudice.