Mental Disorder of LGBT: Analysis - Spiritual, Political and Scientific

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please remember gender dysphoria is an anxiety disorder that affects about 15% of transexuals at some point in their lives. It is not transgenderism

Not even oranges and apples—GD is about as much of an anxiety disorder as a rutabaga is a banana. It is neither an anxiety disorder nor is it transgenderism. It is a cognitive distortion. However, according to "DSM-5 And Family Systems" by Drs. Jessica A. Russo, J. Kelly Coker, and Jason H. King, people with GD commonly identify as transgender. Anxiety symptoms can stem from GD, but both long and short-term anxiety disorders are clearly defined by the NIH and do not include GD. I had GAD at one time, so I made it my business to know.

Actually depression and anxiety in this population is linked directly with lack of support and being on the receiving end of prejudice.

Not sure what is even being said here. There are at least 10 broad-based risk factors for depression, none of which are as detailed as issues such as lack of support or suffering prejudice/discrimination. And anxiety, while quite often present with depression, is another animal entirely. I've been a student of mental health issues for 50 years.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not even oranges and apples—GD is about as much of an anxiety disorder as a rutabaga is a banana. It is neither an anxiety disorder nor is it transgenderism. It is a cognitive distortion. However, according to "DSM-5 And Family Systems" by Drs. Jessica A. Russo, J. Kelly Coker, and Jason H. King, people with GD commonly identify as transgender. Anxiety symptoms can stem from GD, but both long and short-term anxiety disorders are clearly defined by the NIH and do not include GD. I had GAD at one time, so I made it my business to know.

The APA and the DSM V list gender dysphoria as "Gender dysphoria is a condition where a person experiences discomfort or distress because there's a mismatch between their biological sex and gender identity."
"Some people who are transgender will experience “gender dysphoria,” which refers to psychological distress that results from an incongruence between one’s sex assigned at birth and one’s gender identity. "
"In order to meet criteria for the diagnosis, the condition must also be associated with clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning."
Not sure what is even being said here. There are at least 10 broad-based risk factors for depression, none of which are as detailed as issues such as lack of support or suffering prejudice/discrimination. And anxiety, while quite often present with depression, is another animal entirely. I've been a student of mental health issues for 50 years.
Then you should be aware that among transexual individuals instances of depression and suicidal ideation drop to level indistinguishable from the general population depending on the availability and strength of that individuals familial and social support systems.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

actually in simplier terms its the devil convincing them they are something they are not .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually in simplier terms its the devil convincing them they are something they are not .

Simpler, perhaps, but not necessarily more helpful. Try telling someone under attack by the devil (who thinks the devil is in the people who won't affirm their cognitive distortion) that.

Christ said "I have many things yet to tell you but you cannot hear them now."

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simpler, perhaps, but not necessarily more helpful. Try telling someone under attack by the devil (who thinks the devil is in the people who won't affirm their cognitive distortion) that.

Christ said "I have many things yet to tell you but you cannot hear them now."
Well did JESUS sit and talk to the demon possesed , or DID HE JUST CAST THE DEMONS OUT .
ME thinks its time to church FLED the wisdom of men , of physcology and actually return to TRUST and FAITH IN GOD .
one thing i can surely say about this church age , MY GOODNESS it knows a lot of stuff concerning the wisdom of men .
BUT IT HAS ZERO POWER anymore .
This too i notice . Remember way back in the days of peter and john
when by the power of GOD they had healed the lame man .
WHAT was the first thing peter told that man when he looked upon him expecting some money .
Silver and Gold have i none , but what i DO have that i give thee . IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST ARISE up and walk .
AND BARNEY , THE MAN ACTUALLY WALKED .
now lets forward to today .
Now visualize this next conversation .
BOY , says the prosperity churches and mega churches , WE SURE CANNOT say as did peter
silver and gold have we none . And then the others says amen to that
we blessed with that money baby . Then a lamb says behind them , BUT NEITHER CAN YE SAY ARISE AND WALK EITHER .
CHURCH HAS NO IDEA What its lost barney , and worse a lot of folks in churches dont only realize what CHRISTANITY has lost
but that they are STILL LOST . not on this mans watch my friend . ME IS GONNA POINT the PEOPLE
back to the SIMPLE CHILDLIKE FAITH AGAIN and FAR , SO FAR from the wisdom of men .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The APA and the DSM V list gender dysphoria as "Gender dysphoria is a condition where a person experiences discomfort or distress because there's a mismatch between their biological sex and gender identity."
"Some people who are transgender will experience “gender dysphoria,” which refers to psychological distress that results from an incongruence between one’s sex assigned at birth and one’s gender identity. "
"In order to meet criteria for the diagnosis, the condition must also be associated with clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning."

Then you should be aware that among transexual individuals instances of depression and suicidal ideation drop to level indistinguishable from the general population depending on the availability and strength of that individuals familial and social support systems.
I'm quite sure you're right and none of this refutes anything I posted.

Sexual deviance results in mental illness. It's baleful effects can be delayed, but most of these poor folk won't find enough in the way of affirmation to avoid the inevitable, unless they meet an untimely end from another cause.

I can probably produce credible research to support this.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well did JESUS sit and talk to the demon possesed , or DID HE JUST CAST THE DEMONS OUT .
ME thinks its time to church FLED the wisdom of men , of physcology and actually return to TRUST and FAITH IN GOD .
one thing i can surely say about this church age , MY GOODNESS it knows a lot of stuff concerning the wisdom of men .
BUT IT HAS ZERO POWER anymore .
This too i notice . Remember way back in the days of peter and john
when by the power of GOD they had healed the lame man .
WHAT was the first thing peter told that man when he looked upon him expecting some money .
Silver and Gold have i none , but what i DO have that i give thee . IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST ARISE up and walk .
AND BARNEY , THE MAN ACTUALLY WALKED .
now lets forward to today .
Now visualize this next conversation .
BOY , says the prosperity churches and mega churches , WE SURE CANNOT say as did peter
silver and gold have we none . And then the others says amen to that
we blessed with that money baby . Then a lamb says behind them , BUT NEITHER CAN YE SAY ARISE AND WALK EITHER .
CHURCH HAS NO IDEA What its lost barney , and worse a lot of folks in churches dont only realize what CHRISTANITY has lost
but that they are STILL LOST . not on this mans watch my friend . ME IS GONNA POINT the PEOPLE
back to the SIMPLE CHILDLIKE FAITH AGAIN and FAR , SO FAR from the wisdom of men .
Have you cast any demons out lately or made any lame men walk, Amigo?

If you understood the nature of the beast, you'd realize that God now relies more on divinely-appointed natural remedies to heal, rather than being confused with the miracles that the Antichrist is prophesied to perform shortly.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you understood the nature of the beast, you'd realize that God relies more on divinely-appointed natural remedies to heal, rather than being confused with the miracles that the Antichrist is prophesied to perform shortly.
I DO as GOD bids me to do . AND WHAT I DONT DO is boast to men . NOR do my works to be seen of men .
Sorry you no longer beleive in the power o GOD and rest rather on the comforts of the wisdom of men .
PS , that aint worked out too well . All the carnal wisdom of men has done
IS leave churches that followed it , blind , powerless , naked and destitute of the truth .
PS dont let the charlatons like benny hinn and kenneth copeland and the wrecked charasmetic movement
Be the example either . cause they false bud . THEY KNOW NOT THE POWER OF GOD
they ENTERTAIN folks , they do their shows for MONEY and praise of men pard .
Two reasons why so many in churches no longer see the power of GOD .
ONE IS UNBELIEF .
TWO , cause those who actually do true healings , AINT POPULAR BUD , they dont do their works to be seen of men
OR FOR MONEY , or for PRE EMEINENCE . Sorry my friend . BUT it aint too late for you my friend .
Ol amigo loves ya , i am just trying to help is all . So
open the bible and then AS A CHILD BELIEVE WHAT THEY WROTE . BELIEVE IT BARNEY . GOD IS STLL THE SAME GOD
BELIEVE IT BARNEY . THE SAME SPIRIT that was with them , IS STILL WITH THE LAMBS TODAY . BELIEVE IT barney .
I will aslo be praying for you as well .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you understood the nature of the beast, you'd realize that God now relies more on divinely-appointed natural remedies to heal, rather than being confused with the miracles that the Antichrist is prophesied to perform shortly.
PS i aint against natural remedies either . Even in the bible they put a police of sorts on the boil
of HEZEKIAH and he was healed . SO yeah i aint against that either .
but INSTANT HEALINGS FROM GOD ARE ALSO JUST AS REAL TODAY AS THEY WERE BACK THEN .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS i aint against natural remedies either . Even in the bible they put a police of sorts on the boil
of HEZEKIAH and he was healed . SO yeah i aint against that either .
but INSTANT HEALINGS FROM GOD ARE ALSO JUST AS REAL TODAY AS THEY WERE BACK THEN .
... which is why I said:

God now relies more (as in "not entirely" ) on divinely-appointed natural remedies to heal,

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... which is why I said:

God now relies more (as in "not entirely" ) on divinely-appointed natural remedies to heal,
Just beleive my friend . Go find simple peace my friend . Watch the joy and hope return .
Return to the bible . OH i know you have read it . But just do it barney .
Read it again as a child . BELIEVE . And let us know and understand my friend
that the gifts are real and are for the edifying of the church , for the preaching of the gospel too .
Ps , i eat healthy as GOD made it . And yes i believe we ought too . I believe a lot of problems
that come upon us , are due to our own poor eating habits . BUT I BELIEVE as does a child
and i pray only more so too , IN what is written in that bible .
I believe what JESUS and the apostels taught , STILL APPLIES TODAY and everything
the apostels did and taught , the gifts the church had , ITS STILL HERE TODAY .
Just believe barney . believe as does a child . Remember i am not the enemy
my desire is good for you and for everyone . So be encouraged

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As opposed to humility and respect for our differences and those with greater aptitude than ourselves.

Just watched Wimbledon. Although I admire the athletes, I no there is no equality in my tennis game compared to theirs.

"EQUALITY" is a market tested term by evil cultural marxists, confusing Americans with the God given Equal Rights.
Shouldn't we esteem others?

Philippians 2:3-4 NIV
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,
4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean that esteem is a two-way street that requires traffic from both directions? Just seeking clarification. :)
No, esteem is not like communication requiring back and forth. My point was that one can esteem themselves and others. It is not a zero sum game.

For instance, I am proud that the tennis plater I rooted for made it to the finals at Wimbledon. I'm also proud of myself for spending time with my wife this past weekend.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, esteem is not like communication requiring back and forth. My point was that one can esteem themselves and others. It is not a zero sum game.

For instance, I am proud that the tennis plater I rooted for made it to the finals at Wimbledon. I'm also proud of myself for spending time with my wife this past weekend.

I see.

Do you think @St. SteVen was somehow suggesting that you should deny yourself the kind of enjoyments you have mentioned here? :)

Reactions: St. SteVen

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm quite sure you're right and none of this refutes anything I posted.

Sexual deviance results in mental illness.
No, the definition of a mental illness is a mental condition that causes measurable dysfunction in a major area of daily life.

Being gay or trans does not cause dysfunction.
It's baleful effects can be delayed,
Baleful effects?
but most of these poor folk won't find enough in the way of affirmation to avoid the inevitable, unless they meet an untimely end from another cause.
Often just having parents who don't abuse you is enough.
I can probably produce credible research to support this.
Good luck with that

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the definition of a mental illness is a mental condition that causes measurable dysfunction in a major area of daily life.

Being gay or trans does not cause dysfunction.

I'm not sure I can contribute meaningfully to a discussion in which the goalposts undergo constant repositioning. Who said anything about the definition of mental illness or dysfunction? The world is full of very high-functioning sufferers of mental illness. Even the abuse of heterosexual relations can cause dysfunction. And mental illness is, at the most basic level, a malfunction, disruption, or absence of cognitive processes. But a person can find any definition for it for which they're willing to spend enough time looking.

I had a cousin who died of complications from HIV at the height of the initial epidemic. So I know what it's like to grieve the abuses of LGBT souls for whom Christ died. But I won't rubber-stamp his choices to the peril of my own soul or that of others. Being attracted to the same sex didn't kill my cousin. But a disease that is easily spread by activity that God has forbidden most certainly did. Even heterosexual people aren't forced to have sex. They choose to.

"For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

"If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell."

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure I can contribute meaningfully to a discussion in which the goalposts undergo constant repositioning. Who said anything about the definition of mental illness or dysfunction? The world is full of very high-functioning sufferers of mental illness. Even the abuse of heterosexual relations can cause dysfunction. And mental illness is, at the most basic level, a malfunction, disruption, or absence of cognitive processes. But a person can find any definition for it for which they're willing to spend enough time looking.

I had a cousin who died of complications from HIV at the height of the initial epidemic. So I know what it's like to grieve the abuses of LGBT souls for whom Christ died. But I won't rubber-stamp his choices to the peril of my own soul or that of others. Being attracted to the same sex didn't kill my cousin. But a disease that is easily spread by activity that God has forbidden most certainly did. Even heterosexual people aren't forced to have sex. They choose to.

"For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

"If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell."
Barney my dear friend you just said something quite true my friend . You are not sure you can contribute meaningfully
to a discussion in which the goal posts under go COSNTANT repositioning .
Lets look at the goal posts of mens carnal physoclology . CAUSE NOW ITS MOVED TO SUPPORITING same sex
and gender nightmares . BUT this is what mans wisdom does .
THIS is why , my dear friend , i came to remind us , ITS TIME TO simply speak the TRUTH through the WORD OF GOD .
ITS SIN . that is what it is . And if GOD dont accept it , WELL THEN , we dont either
Mens wisdom always changes . BUT as you KNOW my friend , THE WISDOM AND TRUTH OF GOD ENDURES FOREVER .
TO tin man i say , STOP SUPPORTING SIN , stop making excuse for it . TIME TO BELIEVE THE BIBLE
TIME to believe THAT GOD and HIS CHRIST . We wont win this argument through the wisdom of men .
Through pyhysology . NO its already went and moved the goal posts . TIN MAN WINS if we use that stuff .
BUT IF WE USE the simple truth in that bible , WELL at least TIN MAN would have heard the truth . AND prayerfully
lets pray he repents of this evil and the support of it too .