Merry Christ Mass Catholics!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 10:2-4 (KJV)
2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. 3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

• Sad
Reactions: Keturah

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. 3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
Are you equating Catholics with heathen? I think Hitler equated Jews with heathen. Some Muslims equate Christians with heathen.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you equating Catholics with heathen? I think Hitler equated Jews with heathen. Some Muslims equate Christians with heathen.
No, I'm just pointing out that decorating trees in homes is "heathen". God said so. And add to it the Santa / Satan connection.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm just pointing out that decorating trees in homes is "heathen". God said so. And add to it the Santa / Satan connection.
Where does God say that decorating trees in homes is heathen? Are you saying that only Catholics do that?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does God say that decorating trees in homes is heathen?
Are you saying that only Catholics do that?
Nope

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This refers to idols that Israel made for themselves. Read down to v5. Jeremiah chapter 10 is not about a Christmas tree, it was an idol to worship.
Jeremiah 10:2-5-
“Do not learn the way of the Gentiles;
Do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven,
For the Gentiles are dismayed at them.
3 For the customs of the peoples are futile;
For one cuts a tree from the forest,
The work of the hands of the workman, with the ax.
4 They decorate it with silver and gold;
They fasten it with nails and hammers
So that it will not topple.
5 They are upright, like a palm tree,
And they cannot speak;
They must be carried,
Because they cannot go by themselves.
Do not be afraid of them,
For they cannot do evil,

Nor can they do any good.”

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes like Rockerduck said, God wasn't mocking christmas trees, rather he was ridiculing heathen statues and things..:)

Scarecrow.jpg

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God said DON'T DO IT! That's the context. What does Christmas have to do with Jesus? Christmas is Pagan! Even those who HATE Jesus do Christmas. Even Santa is compared with God.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nope
That is an interesting passage. However, people cut down trees all the time to build houses, provide us with paper, and lots of other things. And who can even afford to deck a tree with silver and gold? And who fastens a tree with nails and hammers? Don't Christmas trees have stands? But I will grant, the passage makes one think.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is an interesting passage. However, people cut down trees all the time to build houses, provide us with paper, and lots of other things. And who can even afford to deck a tree with silver and gold? And who fastens a tree with nails and hammers? Don't Christmas trees have stands? But I will grant, the passage makes one think.
Why would you bring a tree in your home and decorate it when God said "learn not the way of the Heathen"? Surely your church didn't persuade you?

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you bring a tree in your home and decorate it when God said "learn not the way of the Heathen"? Surely your church didn't persuade you?
Every church I've been to in the last 40 yrs. Had a Christmas tree in their sanctuary. All denominations. But, it should be a festive season and a chance to share Jesus like no other time of year. I can wear an ugly sweater with Jesus saves on the front, But I have been vocal about not having Christmas trees in the church, or Santa for that matter. I left a church because they brought Santa in for the kids. I told the leaders,(I was a worship leader), I'm gone if happens again, it did. God will not be mocked.

Reactions: Jack

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you believe that Catholics will be saved or lost?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that Catholics will be saved or lost?
I believe many Catholics are truly saved. They believe in Jesus / God the only Savior. I believe that many Protestants are good Christians who believe in Jesus / God. JW's? No. They aggressively attack Jesus / God of the Bible. I don't believe someone will burn in Hell because he celebrates Christmas.

2 Peter 1
1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reactions: Cassandra