Messiah Yeshua (Jesus Christ) is NOT Almighty YHWH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Continuing with the OP;

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Messiah Yeshua;
The Son, in his glorified, resurrected state, is mediating between "God" and men. In other words, Yeshua is not the "God" he is mediating with. Nor is he among the "men" he is mediating for. He is in between both (the middleman). The "God" he is mediating with is his Father, Almighty YHWH. He is NOT mediating with himself, but with a separate being. If Yeshua is "God" and is mediating with "God", then we have two Gods (polytheism). Either that or he is trying to mediate with himself as he tries to convince himself to be lenient with the sinful people he is mediating for (quite a trick). Yeshua is a "man" who was miraculously brought into existence in Miriam's womb by the power of Almighty YHWH.

Reactions: Truth

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Isaiah 42:1-7 teach us that Yeshua is YHWH's servant.

Isa 42:1 Behold my servant (Yeshua), whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him (Yeshua is not the Holy Spirit or the one who puts the Spirit on him): he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
Isa 42:2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.
Isa 42:3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
Isa 42:4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.
Isa 42:5 Thus saith God YHWH, He that created the heavens, and stretched them out; He that spread forth the earth, and that which comes out of it; He that gives breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: (YHWH is our Creator, not Yeshua)
Isa 42:6 I YHWH have called thee (Yeshua) in righteousness, and will hold thine hand (YHWH is not holding His own hand), and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; (YHWH gives His Son Yeshua, not Himself, as a covenant and a light)
Isa 42:7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. (All parenthesis mine)

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Continuing with the OP: (All parenthesis mine)

Isaiah 49:1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, you people, from far; YHWH (Yeshua’s Father) has called me (Yeshua) from the womb; from the bowels of my mother has He made mention of my name.
This is Yeshua speaking above. YHWH called him from the womb, not from all eternity.

Isa 49:2 And He has made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of His hand has He hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in His quiver has He hid me (Yeshua);

Isa 49:3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.
“Israel” is a name for Messiah in that he is the ultimate epitome of a true Israelite and he is the anti-type of Jacob (Israel) . Yeshua (the Son) serves his Father YHWH because they are NOT equal. Nor are they the same being.

Isa 49:4 Then I said, I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with YHWH, and my work with my God.​

YHWH is Yeshua's God/Elohim. As such, he serves YHWH and is not equal to YHWH. Nor is he YHWH. Since YHWH is Yeshua's God, Yeshua cannot also be God since that would yield two Gods (polytheism) contrary to Biblical monotheism.

Isa 49:5 And now, says YHWH that formed me from the womb to be His servant, to bring Jacob again to Him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of YHWH, and my God shall be my strength.
YHWH formed Yeshua from the womb, not from a time prior to that. Yeshua's strength is derived from YHWH.

Isa 49:6 And He (YHWH) said, It is a light thing that you (Yeshua) should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I (YHWH) will also give you for a light to the Gentiles, that you may be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
YHWH gave Yeshua to be a light and to bring the tribes of Jacob (Israel) back to Him. YHWH is using Yeshua to bring salvation to the ends of the earth. YHWH is the ultimate Savior and He uses Yeshua to do that saving work which makes Yeshua our Savior as well. We have two Saviors. However, there are more saviors than just two. Study the OT to see who else YHWH used to save people.

Isa 49:7 Thus says YHWH, the Redeemer of Israel, and his (Israel’s) Holy One, to him whom man despises, to him whom the nation abhor, to a servant of rulers, kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of YHWH that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and He (YHWH) shall choose you (Yeshua).​

I have been presenting a wealth of Scripture proving Almighty YHWH is NOT Messiah Yeshua. The Jews were dumbfounded before Yeshua as he opened up the Word to them, yet they continued in their ignorance and would not allow the light of truth to penetrate their hearts. You know their end. My prayer is that you will not be like them, but will realize you have been deceived into believing Yeshua is YHWH or that the Son is his own Father. May you embrace the light of truth while it is still shining.

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Messiah Yeshua (Jesus Christ) is NOT Almighty YHWH
There is much confusion concerning who Messiah Yeshua is.
Different ministries of our Lord Jesus are brought forth. Please allow me to illustrate.
Mat 1:23 . . they shall call his name (Jesus) Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

I would like your opinion as to who you think John the Baptist the Baptist came announcing in Mat 3:3 . . The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord (Wasn’t this Jesus?), make His paths straight. Isn’t this the same Jesus being announced in Isa 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD (Jehovah), make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Php 2:6 Who (Jesus), being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation . . Will Jesus ever be equal with our Father again?

Even when Jesus takes His own throne given Him (Rev 4:2) by our Father, 1Co 15:28 says: And when all things shall be subdued unto Him (Jesus), then shall the Son also himself be subject unto Him (Our Father) that put all things under Him (Jesus), that God may be all in all.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Different ministries of our Lord Jesus are brought forth. Please allow me to illustrate.
Mat 1:23 . . they shall call his name (Jesus) Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
The scriptures tell us Yeshua would also be called Emmanuel, meaning "God with us," or more correctly, "El with us." As a result, people teach that Yeshua is "God." This name is to be understood in the light of Acts 10:38;

"How God [El] anointed Yeshua of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God [El] was with him."

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Messiah, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
Not that Yeshua was El, but that El was with and in Yeshua. If you choose to use the logic of those in error, then consider the name Jehu. In Hebrew, this name means "He is Yah" or "Yah is He." Does that mean the man Jehu is, in reality, Yahweh?

I would like your opinion as to who you think John the Baptist the Baptist came announcing in Mat 3:3 . . The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord (Wasn’t this Jesus?), make His paths straight. Isn’t this the same Jesus being announced in Isa 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD (Jehovah), make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
Isaiah 40:3 and Matthew 3:3 are often used to prove Yahweh is Yeshua. Isaiah 40:3 reads;

"The voice of him that cries in the wilderness, Prepare you the way of YHWH, make straight in the desert a highway for our Elohim."
Of all the N.T. verses that quote Isaiah, Luke 3:4-6 aids our understanding because it includes Isaiah 40:4-5. It says;

"As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare you the way of YHWH, make his paths straight. Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth; And all flesh shall see the salvation of YHWH."
"Prepare you the way of YHWH" does not mean, "Move out of the way because YHWH is coming." And so when Yeshua comes they believe he is YHWH.

How was "the way" to be prepared? By filling valleys, leveling mountains, straightening paths, etc. This work is not to be understood literally, but spiritually through the humbling of those in exalted positions and the restoration of truth. Who was to do that work? John 4:34 says, "Yeshua said unto them, My meat is to do the will of Him that sent me, and to finish his work." Almighty YHWH appointed His Son Yeshua to finish His work. Yeshua was YHWH's instrument in the accomplishment of His great plan. Yeshua is the "Messenger of the Covenant," "the servant of YHWH," and "the salvation of YHWH." John 14:6 calls Yeshua "the way." He is "the way of YHWH;" the means through which YHWH will finish His work.

Php 2:6 Who (Jesus), being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation . . Will Jesus ever be equal with our Father again?

Even when Jesus takes His own throne given Him (Rev 4:2) by our Father, 1Co 15:28 says: And when all things shall be subdued unto Him (Jesus), then shall the Son also himself be subject unto Him (Our Father) that put all things under Him (Jesus), that God may be all in all.
He was never equal with the Father in the first place. Other versions correct the KJV of Php 2:6. Here are just a few of them.

Php 2:6 who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped, ASV
Php 2:6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, ESV
Php 2:6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, NASB​

As 1 Corinthians 15:26-28 shows, once death is abolished, the false trinity doctrine will no longer exist whereby three co-equal persons comprise the one God. YHWH, the Father, will be the Supreme ruler of the universe and His Son Yeshua will be second in command in subjection to YHWH.

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As 1 Corinthians 15:26-28 shows, once death is abolished, the false trinity doctrine will no longer exist whereby three co-equal persons comprise the one God. YHWH, the Father, will be the Supreme ruler of the universe and His Son Yeshua will be second in command in subjection to YHWH.
Okay, are you saying that Jesus is not our Savior? I read in Luk 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Jesus is God and Savior

Isa 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD (Jehovah); and beside me there is no Saviour.
Isa 49:26 . . all flesh shall know that I the LORD (Jehovah) am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
Luk 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Php 3:20 . . we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
2Pe 1:1 that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.
2Pe 2:20 . . they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Tit 1:4 . . Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.
Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ
Tit 3:6 Jesus Christ our Saviour
1Jn 4:14 . . the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Dear Gadar Perets, you are listed as other faith; may I ask what that is? Thanks.

Reactions: Helen

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Okay, are you saying that Jesus is not our Savior? I read in Luk 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Jesus is God and Savior

Absolutely not. Yeshua (erroneously called Jesus) is our Savior and our Lord, but he is NOT "the LORD" (YHWH) referred to throughout the OT.

Isa 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD (Jehovah); and beside me there is no Saviour.
Isa 49:26 . . all flesh shall know that I the LORD (Jehovah) am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
Luk 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Php 3:20 . . we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
2Pe 1:1 that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.
2Pe 2:20 . . they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Tit 1:4 . . Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.
Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ
Tit 3:6 Jesus Christ our Saviour
1Jn 4:14 . . the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
When the NT uses the word "Lord", we must determine which Lord it is referring to because Yeshua is "Lord" and his Father, Almighty YHWH, is also called Lord. When you see "LORD" in all capital letters in the OT, it is YHWH in Hebrew (not "Jehovah" - JHVH). When you see "Lord" in the OT referring to the God of Israel (YHWH) it is most likely the Hebrew word "Adonai" meaning "Lord".

As for "Saviour", we have two Saviours. Almighty YHWH is the ultimate Saviour of all mankind. He is doing His saving work through His Son Yeshua, which makes Yeshua our Saviour as well. If you search for "saviour" in the OT, you will notice that YHWH sent men like Joash to be a saviour to Israel.

2 Kings 13:5 (And YHWH gave Israel a saviour, so that they went out from under the hand of the Syrians: and the children of Israel dwelt in their tents, as beforetime.
YHWH is Israel's ultimate Saviour, but in 2 Kings 13:5, He did His saving work through Joash making Joash Israel's "saviour".

Dear Gadar Perets, you are listed as other faith; may I ask what that is? Thanks.
I call myself a "Messianic Hebrew". I used to call myself a Messianic Jew or an Israelite, but there are so many trinitarians, sabbath breakers, people who eat unclean meat in those groups that I could no longer bear that title. All the great men of faith were Hebrews and I am of their seed by faith. Therefore, I am a Hebrew as well. My faith in Yeshua as Messiah makes me "Messianic". However, I am a born again believer in Messiah Yeshua who is my Master/Lord and Saviour.

BTW, thanks for dialoguing with me in a peaceful, respectful manner. :)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some say he is Almighty YHWH, others say he is Almighty YHWH’s Son. The purpose of this thread is to teach the latter; that Messiah Yeshua is the Son of Almighty YHWH, not YHWH himself.
Well looks like you will need to go back to square one and scrap this idea. Jesus is the mighty God and the Almighty.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting... And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God; and they shall abide: for now shall he be great unto the ends of the earth. (Micah 5:2,4)

REVELATION 1:8-18
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty... I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:.. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell [Hades] and of death.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Well looks like you will need to go back to square one and scrap this idea. Jesus is the mighty God and the Almighty.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting... And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God; and they shall abide: for now shall he be great unto the ends of the earth. (Micah 5:2,4)
OK, so if "mighty God" is the correct translation, then Yeshua is that "mighty God". However, according to Micah 5:4, YHWH is Yeshua's God. Now we have two Gods. YHWH is God #1 and Yeshua is God #2. Since Scripture teaches monotheism, something is wrong. What's wrong is the translation of Isaiah 9:6. Not only is "The mighty God" a bad translation that forces polytheism, but "The everlasting Father" is a bad translation forcing Yeshua to be our Heavenly Father! I sure hope you don't believe that as well. Two possible alternative translations for "the mighty God" are "mighty el" and "mighty warrior". The correct translation for "The everlasting Father" is "father of eternity". BTW, "The" is not in the Hebrew text for either title.

REVELATION 1:8-18
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty...

John is giving a greeting starting in Revelation 1:4 and ending in verse seven. Verse four is a greeting from the Father “which is, and which was, and which is to come.” Verse five is a greeting from Yeshua the Messiah. Verse eight is spoken by the Father which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” Scripture makes a clear distinction between the Almighty and Yeshua in Revelation 21:22; “And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.” (KJV)

Revelation 4:8-11 read;
And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come. And when those beasts give glory and honor and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who lives for ever and ever. The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that lives for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for you have created all things, and for your pleasure they are and were created.

Then, in Revelation 5:6-7, we read;

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
The Lamb (Yeshua) is not the Creator who sits on the throne, the Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:.. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell [Hades] and of death.
Revelation 1:11 seems to be the words of Yeshua based on the context of the ensuing verses. It reads,
” Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What you see, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.”
However, upon closer inspection you will see that is not true.

Revelation 1:10 "I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s-day, and I heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, saying,"
We are not told whose voice that is, but it is compared to that of a trumpet. John then turns around to see who was talking.
Revelation 1:12 "And I did turn to see the voice that did speak with me, and having turned, I saw seven golden lamp-stands,"

The next four verses describe the glorified Savior, Messiah Yeshua.

Revelation 1:13-16 "and in the midst of the seven lamp-stands, one like to a son of man, clothed to the foot, and girt round at the breast with a golden girdle, and his head and hairs white, as if white wool–as snow, and his eyes as a flame of fire; and his feet like to fine brass, as in a furnace having been fired, and his voice as a sound of many waters, and having in his right hand seven stars, and out of his mouth a sharp two-edged sword is proceeding, and his countenance is as the sun shining in its might."

Notice Messiah’s voice is described as “a sound of many waters.” However, the voice in verse 10 sounded like a trumpet. These voices come from two different individuals.

Revelation 4:1-3 "After these things I saw, and lo, a door opened in the heaven, and the first voice that I heard is as of a trumpet speaking with me, saying, `Come up here, and I will show you what must come to pass after these things;’ and immediately I was in the Spirit, and lo, a throne was set in the heaven, and upon the throne is one sitting, and He who is sitting was in sight like a stone, jasper and sardine: and a rainbow was round the throne in sight like an emerald."
This passage is describing YHWH sitting on the throne. It appears that His voice was likened to a trumpet.
The Greek words used for “voice” (G5456) and “trumpet” (G4536) in the Septuagint are used together in the following verses.

Exodus 19:16 And it came to pass on the third day, as the morning drew nigh, there were voices and lightnings and a dark cloud on mount Sinai: the voice of the trumpet sounded loud, and all the people in the camp trembled.
Exodus 19:19 And the sounds of the trumpet were waxing very much louder. Moses spoke, and God answered him with a voice (same word as the one translated as “sounds”).
Exodus 20:18-19 And all the people perceived the thundering, and the flashes, and the voice of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking; and all the people feared and stood afar off, and said to Moses, Speak thou to us, and let not God speak to us, lest we die.
So, we are not told who voices John heard in Rev 1, but we should not assume the trumpet voice was Yeshua’s if we know for a fact that his voice sounds like many waters. It is the being whose voice was as a trumpet that owns the title Alpha and Omega.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, we are not told who voices John heard in Rev 1, but we should not assume the trumpet voice was Yeshua’s if we know for a fact that his voice sounds like many waters.
You are simply dodging the fact that Jesus is called "the Almighty" in this passage. We should MOST DEFINITELY assume that His voice was like the sound of many waters. I would suggest as powerful as that of a thundering and roaring waterfall. God's voice is said to sound like thunder in Scripture.

New International Version (Psalm 29:3)
The voice of the LORD is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the LORD thunders over the mighty waters.

Conservative Christians believe that "the LORD" (YHWH) is none other than the Lord Jesus Christ.

Which means that you should really add a footnote to your OP, saying that you have misrepresented Christ.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You are simply dodging the fact that Jesus is called "the Almighty" in this passage.
Which part of my irrefutable Scriptural refutation do you not believe? Did you read it carefully? If so, show me where I'm in error. Simply telling me I'm "dodging the fact" does not accomplish anything.

Do not be deceived by the red letters ignorant printers use for Revelation 1:8. They are NOT the words of Yeshua.

We should MOST DEFINITELY assume that His voice was like the sound of many waters.
Sorry. I accidentally wrote "voices" instead of "voice". I meant we should not assume the voice of the trumpet was Yeshua's.

I would suggest as powerful as that of a thundering and roaring waterfall. God's voice is said to sound like thunder in Scripture.

New International Version (Psalm 29:3)
The voice of the LORD is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the LORD thunders over the mighty waters.

His voice is not equated with a thundering and roaring waterfall. His voice is "over the waters" symbolically meaning "over the people" as in Revelation 17:15.

Conservative Christians believe that "the LORD" (YHWH) is none other than the Lord Jesus Christ.
Which is why this thread is absolutely necessary to dispel such error which causes the people to commit idolatry.

Which means that you should really add a footnote to your OP, saying that you have misrepresented Christ.
It is trinitarian Christians that misrepresent him and who changed the Gospel from "God sent His only begotten Son" to "God sent Himself".

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is Yeshua speaking above. YHWH called him from the womb, not from all eternity.
I get it!!! YWWH miraculously beamed "Yeshua" into Mary's womb using space aliens.
(oh no!, I used the "M" word!!! I've angered the forum gods!!!)

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The New World Translation (NWT) is produced by the Watch Tower Society, the parent organization of the Jehovah's Witnesses (JWs). The New Testament (or "Christian Greek Scriptures," as they call it) was first produced in 1950, followed by the Old Testament ("Hebrew Scriptures"), produced progressively in five volumes from 1953-1960. Modern versions of the NWT contain the entire Bible in one volume.

The NWT is a travesty of the Scriptures for two main reasons:

First, of the five men who comprised the translation committee--Nathan Knorr, Fred Franz, Albert Schroeder, George Gangas, and Milton Henschel--Franz is the only one who had any knowledge at all of the biblical languages. Franz studied Greek for only two years (not biblical Greek, though), and he was allegedly self-taught in Hebrew. The other four men completely lack any credentials that would qualify them as competent biblical scholars.

Second, the text of the NWT is distorted and twisted in a manner to suit the erroneous beliefs of the Jehovah's Witnesses. Numerous examples could be cited. For instance,
  • John 1:1, in the NWT, reads that the Word was " a god" (rather than "God") because JWs deny the divinity of Christ.
  • Similarly, in Colossians 1:15-20, the NWT inserts the word "other" into the text four times because JWs believe that Christ was created.
  • Also, in Matthew 26:26, the NWT reads "this means my body" (rather than "this is my body") because JWs deny the Real Presence.
Reputable Catholic and Protestant biblical scholars alike reject the NWT as being biased, unreliable, and unscholarly. People who open their doors to the JWs ought to be warned
that the NWT is not a safe or reliable translation of God's Word.

What can you tell me about the New World Translation? | Catholic Answers

Franz and Gretel translating
junior-and-lala.jpg

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get it!!! YWWH miraculously beamed "Yeshua" into Mary's womb using space aliens.
(oh no!, I used the "M" word!!! I've angered the forum gods!!!)

Are you on an ignorant high again? At least write YHWH correctly in your prideful rant.

So I gather you do not believe that the spirit of God conceived with Mary the son of God, on earth?

This fantasy of a pre-existent god ‘beaming down’ and birthing himself into Mary is the height of ignorance and definitely not scriptural. And It’s sad you are not the only one with this Star Trek view of Christ. I just cannot believe most professing Christians think this way.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yea, just like your 6 verses in the OP.
Read it again;

In the interest of being thorough and fruitful, please stick to one verse/passage at a time.
I quoted one passage in my OP.

As I said, "fruitless". I have no intention of reading all that, especially since I can't reply to it all in this thread.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes they are distinctly separate, But and there will always be a BUT God transmit's His authority to Yeshua, For YHWH say to Adoni sit at My right Hand until I make your enemies your Footstool, I don't have Opinion's as others do on this forum, so the Adoni is a replacement for YHWH ,KJV. I am sure there is a balance here. Psalms 110 verse 1?

If you are saying YHWH and Adoni are the same person in this scripture by saying Adoni is a replacement for YHWH then I disagree. It's true that people started replacing YHWH with words such as Lord and God but that doesn't mean Jesus and YHWH are the same person. YHWH is The Only True God and Jesus is The Only-begotten Son of The Only True God (YHWH).

Reactions: gadar perets