Michael is Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Adam represents the entire human race.
And although he may have sinned willfully,
God still sent his son to save the world.
And I don't believe everyone is intentionally sinful.
But if we don't have the right direction, the right path, the right school teacher,
then many go astray.
Sheep aren't evil if they stray from the flock. Some just get lost or are slower or even too young or have a disability.
I believe the Lord takes all this into account.
He is merciful.. Full of Mercy after all.
And He knows the outcome.
We just need to trust his plan.
HUGS
and Thank You

Reactions: amadeus

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This settles the question for me:

Heb 1:13 God never said to any of the angels, "Sit at my right side until I make your enemies into a footstool for you!"

Heb 1:14 Angels are merely spirits sent to serve people who are going to be saved.

CEV makes it very understandable.

Here’s more from that chapter to make it even clearer.

Heb 1:5 God has never said to any of the angels, "You are my Son, because today I have become your Father!" Neither has God said to any of them, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son!"

Heb 1:6 When God brings his first-born Son into the world, he commands all of his angels to worship him.

Heb 1:7 And when God speaks about the angels, he says, "I change my angels into wind and my servants into flaming fire."

Heb 1:8 But God says about his Son, "You are God, and you will rule as King forever! Your royal power brings about justice.

Heb 1:9 You loved justice and hated evil, and so I, your God, have chosen you. I appointed you and made you happier than any of your friends."

Heb 1:10 The Scriptures also say, "In the beginning, Lord, you were the one who laid the foundation of the earth and created the heavens.

Heb 1:11 They will all disappear and wear out like clothes, but you will last forever.

Heb 1:12 You will roll them up like a robe and change them like a garment. But you are always the same, and you will live forever."

Heb 1:13 God never said to any of the angels, "Sit at my right side until I make your enemies into a footstool for you!"

Heb 1:14 Angels are merely spirits sent to serve people who are going to be saved.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 1:6 When God brings his first-born Son into the world, he commands
all of his angels to worship him.

In Watchtower Society theology, it is impossible for someone to exist as a
spirit being and a physical being simultaneously, So in order for Michael to
come into the world as a human existence, he had to relinquish his angel
existence.

Consequently, Michael wasn't an angel while he was here as Jesus Christ; he
was a man, ergo: Heb 1:6 wouldn't apply to him while in that condition.
_

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In Watchtower Society theology, it is impossible for someone to exist as a
spirit being and a physical being simultaneously, So in order for Michael to
come into the world as a human existence, he had to relinquish his angel
existence.

Consequently, Michael wasn't an angel while he was here as Jesus Christ; he
was a man, ergo: Heb 1:6 wouldn't apply to him while in that condition.
_

JWs claim Jesus was Michael, who got a huge promotion to being A god, per their addition of an A in John 1:1 that doesn’t belong there.

But then they contradict the claim Jesus stopped being Michael, by using the text where Jesus returns with a trumpet sound and the voice of an archangel, as proof Jesus IS Michael.

But His returning with a trumpet and trumpet call doesn’t mean Jesus is a trumpet - neither does His having an archangel with Him who shouts, make Jesus an archangel.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Watchtower Society theology, Michael's human existence ended
with his death on the cross; and his human body is still dead to this day, i.e.
Michael's human remains are squirreled away somewhere on Earth in a
condition and a location known only to God.

The permanent death of Michael's human body was essential for a very
practical reason. It has to stay dead in order to make it possible for Michael
to regain his angel existence because in WT theology it is impossible for
someone to exist as a spirit being and a physical being simultaneously.

In other words: the Watchtower Society's resurrection wasn't the return of a
deceased man to life, rather; the return of a deceased angel to the life it had
before becoming a man.
_

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Jde 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jde 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Dan 10:18 Then there came again and touched me one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me,
Dan 10:19 And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.
Dan 10:21 But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.

Dan 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Act 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
Act 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

Act 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

I believe that Michael and Jesus are the same Prince.
Can you find another that fulfills both the old and the new testaments?

I also believe that God's church is Michael (the body) of believers that stands up against the beast.
1Co 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

Who is Michael?
I believe we are.

Hugs
Pretty sure that Daniel 12:1 has been mistranslated. The word translated as "prince" actually has multiple meanings and can mean an elder, chief steward, and other things.
Strong's Concordance # 8269
sar: chieftain, chief, ruler, official, captain, prince
Original Word: שַׂר
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: sar
Phonetic Spelling: (sar)
Definition: chieftain, chief, ruler, official, captain, prince

Please note, this entry from Strong's isn't extensive but was found on Bible Hub, and is truncated from my copy published in 1950. The devil is clever and wants you to worship a man rather than Jesus Christ, blessed forever. Amen
These are dangerous days my friend.

Reactions: Ziggy

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Watchtower Society theology, Michael's human existence ended
with his death on the cross; and his human body is still dead to this day, i.e.
Michael's human remains are squirreled away somewhere on Earth in a
condition and a location known only to God.

The permanent death of Michael's human body was essential for a very
practical reason. It has to stay dead in order to make it possible for Michael
to regain his angel existence because in WT theology it is impossible for
someone to exist as a spirit being and a physical being simultaneously.

In other words: the Watchtower Society's resurrection wasn't the return of a
deceased man to life, rather; the return of a deceased angel to the life it had
before becoming a man.
_
Similar to Islam's lie that it wasn't Jesus who died on the cross.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty sure that Daniel 12:1 has been mistranslated. The word translated as "prince" actually has multiple meanings and can mean an elder, chief steward, and other things.
Strong's Concordance # 8269
sar: chieftain, chief, ruler, official, captain, prince
Original Word: שַׂר
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: sar
Phonetic Spelling: (sar)
Definition: chieftain, chief, ruler, official, captain, prince

Please note, this entry from Strong's isn't extensive but was found on Bible Hub, and is truncated from my copy published in 1950. The devil is clever and wants you to worship a man rather than Jesus Christ, blessed forever. Amen
These are dangerous days my friend.
And Jesus is the Prince of Peace.
Just too many coincidences I'd say.
Or maybe there are no coincidences
;)

Thank You for your reply
Hugs

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"None"? Why then did 99% of the Reformation, and it's leadership (like Luther, Melanchthon, etc) all show from scripture that Jesus is Michael (see the wikipedia image, and the references cited, or see Chapters 11 and/or Appendix 2)? It goes all the way back to even Melito of Sardis, that Jesus is "among the angels, Archangel".
Probably because they were influenced by Free Masonry, an anti Christian society that uses self righteousness to pursue their own god. Charles Spurgeon's publication featured a trowel on the cover, a symbol out of Free Masonry never mentioned in scripture.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jesus is the Prince of Peace.
Just too many coincidences I'd say.
Or maybe there are no coincidences
;)

Thank You for your reply
Hugs
Every principality mentioned in scripture has a governing prince, e.g.: the prince of Persia, the prince of the power of the air, etc. These aren't all Jesus. None of them are. They are created beings and part of the heavenly host. Jesus spoke them into creation. Jesus is Lord (YHWH).
14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day. Genesis 1:14-19
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. Colossians 1:15-17
This heresy is as old as the New Testament.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 9:6

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If ALL things consist IN Him, then that includes Michael.
No?

Hugs

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is called our Savior many times in the Bible. Jesus is called our Savior many times in the Bible. Where is Michael? He ain't!
Pretty sure that Michael serves the Lord Jesus as it is written:
Who has performed and done it,
Calling the generations from the beginning?
‘I, the Lord, am the first;
And with the last I am He.’
” Isaiah 41:4
This can be said of all the saints, but Jesus is LORD.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 9:6

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had this picture in my mind a moment ago.

God is a VERY LARGE treasure chest. And when it is open ALL comes from within.
Michael comes forth from God, Jesus comes forth from God, Man comes forth from God
ALL creation comes from this VERY LARGE treasure chest.
So that no matter how you look at it.
God is ALL and IN ALL.

Amazing!

Hugs

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had this picture in my mind a moment ago.

God is a VERY LARGE treasure chest. And when it is open ALL comes from within.
Michael comes forth from God, Jesus comes forth from God, Man comes forth from God
ALL creation comes from this VERY LARGE treasure chest.
So that no matter how you look at it.
God is ALL and IN ALL.

Amazing!

Hugs
Not yet my friend or He's doing a pretty poor job in the world. His kingdom is here in the hearts of those who believe Him, but clearly world leadership doesn't.