Michael is Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The name “Michael” means “Who Is Like God?” Interestingly, the title “archangel” is used elsewhere in the Bible with reference to only one person: Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 4:16) Furthermore, the title “archangel” means “chief of the angels.” Compare: Daniel 12:1; 2 Thessalonians 1:7; Matthew 24:30, 31; 25:31; Jude 9; Revelation 12:7; 17:14.
Daniel 10:13 (NKJV)
13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; and behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left alone there with the kings of Persia.

Michael is not God/Jesus!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; and behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left alone there with the kings of Persia.

I agree....when Michael was fighting with Satan over Moses body he said the Lord rebuke you....he didn't say I rebuke you...he said the Lord rebuke you...."THE" LORD....this implies a separate person besides himself...The Lord as in the one and only Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Lion of Judah, the Lamb of God.
No angels have been referenced as such...only Jesus.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree....when Michael was fighting with Satan over Moses body he said the Lord rebuke you....he didn't say I rebuke you...he said the Lord rebuke you...."THE" LORD....this implies a separate person besides himself...The Lord as in the one and only Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Lion of Judah, the Lamb of God.
Amen! Michael is barely mentioned in the NT. I'll stick with Jesus as my Savior.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For unto the SON have been given all pre eminence . He never said unto the angels , YE are my SON ,
Folks need to read some hebrews . Your right heart two soul .
Since we are on this topic i may as well remind us all of something the jehovas did , russell nash did .
What did paul warn us . LET NO MAN BEGUILE you of your reward in a voluntary and humility worshipping of angels .
BUT THEY SAY MICHAEL IS JESUS . And the RCC prays to angles , saints and mary . SO both groups are in dire trouble .
I say , STICK WITH THE BIBLE and CLING TO JESUS . cause we have us a moutain of decievers these days .
I say TEST ALL SPIRITS for massive amounts of false prophets do abound in these days .
STICK to the lovely bible my friends . And let no man add to nor take from . JUST LOVE IT AND HEED THE PURE and HOLY WORDS
by which the SPIRIT shall feed us . LET THE LORD BE PRAISED .

Reactions: Heart2Soul

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
In the beginning God said let us make man in our image. He was speaking to his Son the Christ. The angels were not even created yet.
bible does not say exactly when angels were created but Job says they existed when the Father laid the foundations of the earth, this would suggest they existed before mankind existed. so the Most High could have been talking to the angels in that passage.

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

First of all, we note that Michael was called “one of the foremost princes” and “the prince of you people.” Later, Michael was referred to as “the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of [Daniel’s] people.” (Daniel 10:21; 12:1) This points to Michael as the angel assigned by God to lead the Israelites through the wilderness.-Exodus 23:20-23; 32:34; 33:2.

Lending support to this conclusion is the disciple Jude’s statement that “Michael the archangel had a difference with the Devil and was disputing about Moses’ body.” (Jude 9) Michael’s position, power, and authority made him truly “the archangel,” meaning “the chief angel,” or “the principal angel.” Most fittingly, this lofty position can be applied to none other than Jesus Christ, the Son of God, before and after his life on earth.-1 Thessalonians 4:16; Revelation 12:7-9.