Mike Pence Has Lost All My Respect

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're hoping that train-wreck Trump gets impeached, and charged with inciting a crowd and murder, the flippin' idiot.
DNB, frankly I believe their is enough hatred to impeach him, but it will be a waste of time at this point.

He only has 9 days left. Before I begin to lay down a time table and the obstacles, my opinion is that this is NOT an impeachable offense. He did not tell them to storm the Capitol. He wasn't exactly prudent in what he said, but no he didn't incite an insurrection (that was in the minds of a few already).

Impeachment is merely an indictment; not removal. President Trump has been impeached before as was President Clinton, so it shouldn't come as a surprise. The House starts the process, and unless they already got it drawn up, we could see a vote Tuesday or Wednesday. Fine. Assuming it passes, it then has to be sent to the Senate.

That's a problem. The Senate is adjourned until January 19th. They would have to be recalled. Remember that the inauguration is the 20th. Impeachments take precedence over all other business, so the chances of Biden's inauguration happening on the 20th may be in doubt. Donald gets to be President for a little while longer just so they can kick him out! Does that sound reasonable?

Assuming that they get the impeachment through... Remember, its just an indictment. Removal is a whole other matter. In short, there just isn't enough time to make this all worth while and to really make it mean something. The only thing that would be accomplished is the coyote finally gets to say he caught the road runner, but won't have time to eat him.

Had this happened in December, it might be worthwhile to a small degree. But now, its just a waste of time.

Here is an article for further reading:
With 12 Days Left, Removing Trump From Office Is Unlikely, If Not Impossible

Reactions: Nancy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is NOT a Democrat nor a Republican. These things are the "cares of this world", politics. Yes, of course God ordains who is in office...even Hitler. No matter who is in the "almighty white house" God's will is always going to win when it comes to Nations. HE is where we are to be placing our trust, not men.
God Bless and welcome to the forum.
We have all hope IN JESUS ALONE . Its why i have peace and joy and am not dissapointed nor unhopeful . Hope in men is NOT GOOD .
HOPE IN GOD IS ALL WE NEED SISTER . Now leap up and praise the King .

Reactions: Pearl and Nancy

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once in power they will move fast to make DC a state . to restructure the supreme court , or pack it , When you said it will be a long time coming before republicans stand a chance o taking back what was robbed , i have to agree . TRY NEVER . IF they got away with it twice , they will from now on .
We don't know how long The Steal has gone on. With the advent of electronic voting it could have been from that beginning. And who is to say what preceded electronic voting, paper balloting, was not also corrupted?
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Democrats in Congress have called for or tried to impeach nearly ever Republican president since as I recall, Reagan. Probably even before that.
Now we hear that Nancy P. has in a sense threatened Pence if he doesn't invoke the 25th amendment against Trump.

The rabid pursuit of getting Trump out of office before the 20th should raise red flags for anyone paying attention. He's to be out of office in 10 days as it is. Why are the Demoncrats obsessed with getting him out sooner?

Some say because NP's laptop was stolen during the occupation of the House chamber a few days ago. Could be. If Nancy is naive enough to keep evidence of her and other Demoncrats Treason against the Constitutional right of citizens to a fair election, and given all efforts in The Steal qualify as felonies, that could explain it. There are reports now that say it was the laptop of NP's aid that was stolen.

There are a slew of reporting links about that alleged stolen laptop.
BREAKING: Nancy Pelosi's Laptop STOLEN- It Has All Kinds Of CONFIDENTIAL Secret Information On It

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mike Pence failed to do his constitutional duty as President of the Senate. Here is the law which he dodged by sending out a letter in advance of January 6 exonerating himself from doing his duty:

3 U.S. Code § 15 - Counting electoral votes in Congress
Congress shall be in session on the sixth day of January succeeding every meeting of the electors. The Senate and House of Representatives shall meet in the Hall of the House of Representativesat the hour of 1 o’clock in the afternoon on that day, and the President of the Senate shall be their presiding officer.

Two tellers shall be previously appointed on the part of the Senate and two on the part of the House of Representatives, to whom shall be handed, as they are opened by the President of the Senate, all the certificates and papers purporting to be certificates of the electoral votes, which certificates and papers shall be opened, presented, and acted upon in the alphabetical order of the States, beginning with the letter A; and said tellers, having then read the same in the presence and hearing of the two Houses, shall make a list of the votes as they shall appear from the said certificates;

and the votes having been ascertained and counted according to the rules in this subchapter provided, the result of the same shall be delivered to the President of the Senate, who shall thereupon announce the state of the vote, which announcement shall be deemed a sufficient declaration of the persons, if any, elected President and Vice President of the United States,and, together with a list of the votes, be entered on the Journals of the two Houses.

Upon such reading of any such certificate or paper, the President of the Senate shall call for objections, if any. Every objection shall be made in writing, and shall state clearly and concisely, and without argument, the ground thereof, and shall be signed by at least one Senator and one Member of the House of Representatives before the same shall be received.

When all objections so made to any vote or paper from a State shall have been received and read, the Senate shall thereupon withdraw, and such objections shall be submitted to the Senate for its decision; and the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall, in like manner, submit such objections to the House of Representatives for its decision; and no electoral vote or votes from any State which shall have been regularly given by electors whose appointment has been lawfully certified to according to section 6 of this title from which but one return has been received shall be rejected, but the two Houses concurrently may reject the vote or votes when they agree that such vote or votes have not been so regularly given by electors whose appointment has been so certified.

If more than one return or paper purporting to be a return from a State shall have been received by the President of the Senate, those votes, and those only, shall be counted which shall have been regularly given by the electors who are shown by the determination mentioned in section 5 of this title to have been appointed, if the determination in said section provided for shall have been made, or by such successors or substitutes, in case of a vacancy in the board of electors so ascertained, as have been appointed to fill such vacancy in the mode provided by the laws of the State;

but in case there shall arise the question which of two or more of such State authorities determining what electors have been appointed, as mentioned insection 5 of this title, is the lawful tribunal of such State, the votes regularly given of those electors, and those only, of such State shall be counted whose title as electors the two Houses, acting separately, shall concurrently decide is supported by the decision of such State so authorized by its law; and in such case of more than one return or paper purporting to be a return from a State, if there shall have been no such determination of the question in the State aforesaid, then those votes, and those only, shall be counted which the two Houses shall concurrently decide were cast by lawful electors appointed in accordance with the laws of the State, unless the two Houses, acting separately, shall concurrently decide such votes not to be the lawful votes of the legally appointed electors of such State.

But if the two Houses shall disagree in respect of the counting of such votes, then, and in that case, the votes of the electors whose appointment shall have been certified by the executive of the State, under the seal thereof, shall be counted.

When the two Houses have voted, they shall immediately again meet, and the presiding officer shall then announce the decision of the questions submitted. No votes or papers from any other State shall be acted upon until the objections previously made to the votes or papers from any State shall have been finally disposed of.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 644, 62 Stat. 675.)

As we all know, there were going to be objections to the electoral votes. There were also going to be alternative electors presented. Therefore Pence should have done exactly what he was required to to. Instead he acted as a coward and a traitor, not a man of integrity. He not only betrayed America, but he betrayed Trump. And the focus on the protesters was simply a distraction so that everyone would stop thinking about the MASSIVE ELECTION FRAUD.
Pretty early for revisionist history, isn't it?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is NOT a Democrat nor a Republican. These things are the "cares of this world", politics. Yes, of course God ordains who is in office...even Hitler. No matter who is in the "almighty white house" God's will is always going to win when it comes to Nations. HE is where we are to be placing our trust, not men.
God Bless and welcome to the forum.
:):):) Ding, Ding, Ding!!! We have a winner!!! :):):)

Reactions: Nancy

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no submissible evidence for any of this. Congress can't impeach just because you don't like someone. :)

Umm,.. numbers didn't add up, stuff was caught on camera, hardly anybody supports Biden, are you honestly telling me that there isn't any proof?

Trolling for asking questions? I guess I'm trolling, too.

No. Trolling because people kept responding to them but they weren't listening and making it sound like we weren't responding. You're not trolling, don't worry. :)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
numbers didn't add up, stuff was caught on camera, hardly anybody supports Biden
If these claims were true and admissable, you don't think Trump's legal team would have submitted them as such? Anecdotal, rhetorical evidence doesn't cut it.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If these claims were true and admissable, you don't think Trump's legal team would have submitted them as such? Anecdotal, rhetorical evidence doesn't cut it.

How could they when nobody would let them?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm,.. numbers didn't add up, stuff was caught on camera, hardly anybody supports Biden, are you honestly telling me that there isn't any proof?
My wife (who has several law degrees) and I have no political loyalties whatsoever. Not a single one of the judges (many of whom were appointed by Trump) agreed that the affidavits or witnesses brought in or video clips were conclusive in proving substantial fraud. Not one out of dozens.

Reactions: DNB

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife (who has several law degrees) and I have no political loyalties whatsoever. Not a single one of the judges (many of whom were appointed by Trump) agreed that the affidavits or witnesses brought in or video clips were conclusive in proving substantial fraud. Not one out of dozens.

Why not?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
DNB, frankly I believe their is enough hatred to impeach him, but it will be a waste of time at this point.

He only has 9 days left. Before I begin to lay down a time table and the obstacles, my opinion is that this is NOT an impeachable offense. He did not tell them to storm the Capitol. He wasn't exactly prudent in what he said, but no he didn't incite an insurrection (that was in the minds of a few already).

Impeachment is merely an indictment; not removal. President Trump has been impeached before as was President Clinton, so it shouldn't come as a surprise. The House starts the process, and unless they already got it drawn up, we could see a vote Tuesday or Wednesday. Fine. Assuming it passes, it then has to be sent to the Senate.

That's a problem. The Senate is adjourned until January 19th. They would have to be recalled. Remember that the inauguration is the 20th. Impeachments take precedence over all other business, so the chances of Biden's inauguration happening on the 20th may be in doubt. Donald gets to be President for a little while longer just so they can kick him out! Does that sound reasonable?

Assuming that they get the impeachment through... Remember, its just an indictment. Removal is a whole other matter. In short, there just isn't enough time to make this all worth while and to really make it mean something. The only thing that would be accomplished is the coyote finally gets to say he caught the road runner, but won't have time to eat him.

Had this happened in December, it might be worthwhile to a small degree. But now, its just a waste of time.

Here is an article for further reading:
With 12 Days Left, Removing Trump From Office Is Unlikely, If Not Impossible
Thank you very much FHII, very informative!
To be honest, it's not so much the ramifications or punitive repercussions, of any indictment that I would be anticipating, because, like you said, the process time does not allow any sort of sentence to be enacted. My concessional desire, is that I hope that his reputation, as far as the history books are concerned, gets tarnished to the point that his legacy goes down in infamy.
I think that most people's whishes came true just by the fact that he lost a 2nd term. Having him be in the office for an extra week or two, or not, is incidental.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you very much FHII, very informative!
To be honest, it's not so much the ramifications or punitive repercussions, of any indictment that I would be anticipating, because, like you said, the process time does not allow any sort of sentence to be enacted. My concessional desire, is that I hope that his reputation, as far as the history books are concerned, gets tarnished to the point that his legacy goes down in infamy.
I think that most people's whishes came true just by the fact that he lost a 2nd term. Having him be in the office for an extra week or two, or not, is incidental.
They want him disqualified from running again in 2024. But I doubt he could ever amass enough votes after the stunts he's pulled since the election.

Reactions: April_Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.