Military

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Mr swamp, I asked you if I could be banned if I argue with you. And you already said I could be banned if you wanted to. I don't believe I behaved in an uncivilized manner. It does not matter how long you have been Christian. We can be Christian forver without much fruit of Christianity. It is clearly showing in mainstream churhes with a 2% evangelism rate. The Bible says we know by our fruit if we are of God or not. According to the Bible and mainstrem churches' fruit, they are not of God. This is just not my opinion.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Just to make myself clear here I do not defend Swampfox because I am at CBOn a personal level he has treated me with nothing but respect And on a scriptual level he is more knowledgeable than alot of church leaders I have met. You are the one no matter you try to twist youre way out of it attacked him on a personal level about age being the reason for his views. I know that not to be true. So don't try to put it off on us attacking your minortity point of view . We have a minority point of view on the rapture because we on the staff of CB are all very serious bible students and we use scripture as our only authority no church, no religion, no popular, or unpopular doctrine strickley the word of God. So when you insult us all by insinuating we just listen to some popular church doctrine and then act all poor me baby I'm just trying to do Gods work dosen't sit well with me.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(kriss;6173)
Just to make myself clear here I do not defend Swampfox because I am at CBOn a personal level he has treated me with nothing but respect And on a scriptual level he is more knowledgeable than alot of church leaders I have met. You are the one no matter you try to twist youre way out of it attacked him on a personal level about age being the reason for his views. I know that not to be true. So don't try to put it off on us attacking your minortity point of view . We have a minority point of view on the rapture because we on the staff of CB are all very serious bible students and we use scripture as our only authority no church, no religion, no popular, or unpopular doctrine strickley the word of God. So when you insult us all by insinuating we just listen to some popular church doctrine and then act all poor me baby I'm just trying to do Gods work dosen't sit well with me.
Well, I am just talking about the fruit of Christianity which we are supposed be aware of. You have not mentioned even one time about what my point is. My point has been consistant; Christians in the military are claiming they are obedient Christians. That is not showing with their fruit. 2% of evangelism is not much at all.Like you said talk is cheap. Mainstream churches are not showing the proof.We know by our fruit if we are of God or not. Proof of Christianity is not by arguing and winning the debate. You can claim you won the argument. You can have it.I am hoping some are listening what I have to say.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked you if I could be banned if I argue with you. And you already said I could be banned if you wanted to. I don't believe I behaved in an uncivilized manner.
You love to twist words now don't you? My point, since I apparently have to state it again, is that if I wanted to ban you and be disrespectful to you, I could have done that a long, long time ago. However, that is not the path that I choose to take. I don't judge someone's Christianity on one topic.
It does not matter how long you have been Christian.
So then why is your age to make you so superior to me? Why do you chide me because I am 19 years of age? I have given you the respect that you deserve and I have not called names and I have not questioned your Christianity.You sit there, all high and mighty because you've done some missionary work and chastise Christians that have chosen to serve in the military to defend their families and faith; there are more ways to be a missionary and many fields to go out into. You have judged them and condemned them in your own words and you find something to attack everyone else by be it age or anything. You condemn me for not showing respect to those older than me yet you do the same. You condemn me for being proud yet you have no problem stating about your own faith and proudly trumpeting your own mission work. It's fine to be confident in your faith as we have seen the Apostle Paul, but condemning others for what you yourself do is not.Finally, I noticed that you said Jesus hasn't killed anyone. How do you explain the Lord's Day when those who do not know him will be throne into the lake of fire by His judgment. He has not done it in our time true, but it's in His Word that he will.It's funny, you come here ready to make this discussion but as soon as someone doesn't agree with you (or in this case, virtually everyone here and there are some good people here) we here about how bad everyone is and immediately everyone is questioned.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Mainstream churches are not showing the proof[quote[No one argues that point here in fact we agreeWe know by our fruit if we are of God or not. Proof of Christianity is not by arguing and winning the debate[ quote[no one ever argued this point or said any differentChristians in the military are claiming they are obedient Christians{quote{this is only point we disagree on and it has nothing to do with church popular views , age, or anything except what scripture says. and your view is not scriptual it is what you have decided to believe by picking and choosing which verses you want to listen to and ignoring the rest that fine your choice. Our point of view is based on the "All" of scripture whatGod expeects from us it is written in the book. It is obvious neither of is going to change or minds so there is no point in futher discussionOur only reason for arguing the point is as in striving to be a good teaching site when someone voices their opinons as scriptual fact we must reply.And in scripture you can show nowhere it says soldiers at war are going against Christianity because it is not in the Bible.THE END

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(Faithful1;6169)
I did respond to everyone as much as I can without losing my cool. It is not good witnessing for the Lord to go into never-ending ugly arguments. It is not Jesus' way. Jesus never forced anyone to listen to Him.So far, this thread is becoming nothing but an ugly fight.
You are the old Christian causing that fight. I'm 60 by the way and I Completely agree with the Fox.Tom

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(Faithful1;6171)
Mr swamp, ... It is clearly showing in mainstream churhes with a 2% evangelism rate. The Bible says we know by our fruit if we are of God or not. .....
You have repeated this statement many times now without documentation. Where do you get this stat. Also, CB is not a mainstream church, if it were I would not be here. Most churches do not even teach Scripture chapter by chapter and verse by verse.If you are so interested in not fighting why don't you just drop it.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
I unsderstand you guys all agree with each other. I believe I made my point clear to the readers who are interested in what I have to say, and that's all matters to me.Thank you everyone for perticipating in this thread. Your argument helped me to make my point clear.Wide is the road that leads to life and only a few find it. Most of the mainstream churches support military. It is all about politics and it is the wide road.Again, the majority always wins in the argument. Congratulations. good day now

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Faithful1;6187)
I unsderstand you guys all agree with each other. I believe I made my point clear to the readers who are interested in what I have to say, and that's all matters to me.Thank you everyone for perticipating in this thread. Your argument helped me to make my point clear.Wide is the road that leads to life and only a few find it. Most of the mainstream churches support military. It is all about politics and it is the wide road.Again, the majority always wins in the argument. Congratulations. good day now
We all agree because its Gods word, the only thing your point makes clear is your opion is your opinion an not in Gods word. It is not we who won but Gods word as it will always win

Status
Not open for further replies.