"Milk" is Doctrine, "Meat" is.....?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Peter truly meant that he would fight and die for Jesus, but when he realized Jesus was going to be crucified, his horror of that death won out, and he denied Him.

Maybe Peter needed to understand the bitterness of denial is worse than the bitterness of death. Where would we go? You have the words of life?

Much love!

A question …Was Peter turned over to satan in? Luke 22:31-32 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: [32] But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A confirmation from the Holy Ghost, Great to hear from a fundamentalist Baptist Church.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A question …Was Peter turned over to satan in? Luke 22:31-32 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: [32] But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
He didn’t say if your converted, He said when.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All this talk about the destruction of the flesh. Isn’t the whole purpose and the plan of God that our flesh fulfill the will of God?

this would be a cause to glory as Paul states in his epistles.Jesus yields to the will of the Father in obedience to all He required.

Reactions: bbyrd009

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think of it that way myself, more that Peter was tested, and arrived at the right place, like in 1 Corinthians 10, that every test has a way out, that is, a "safe haven" where you are supposed to end up.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
their posts several months later prove they ignored me, and are continuing to believe what they wanted to despite having no answers for proofs I provided from the scriptures to the contrary.

I truly don't get that. Strikes me as utterly disingenuine.

I've learned to pay attention to the red flags. I've found they really do usually mean what you think they mean. And I procede accordingly.

Thought sometimes I think God leads me to continue with someone regardless of the red flags, and I just try to be careful to only do as I'm told.

Much love!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think of it that way myself, more that Peter was tested, and arrived at the right place, like in 1 Corinthians 10, that every test has a way out, that is, a "safe haven" where you are supposed to end up.

Much love!

I get what you are saying, but is ‘arrived at the right place’ or ‘a “safe haven” where you are supposed to end up’ the same arrival at ‘that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus’? 1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get what you are saying, but is ‘arrived at the right place’ or ‘a “safe haven” where you are supposed to end up’ the same arrival at ‘that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus’? 1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
I'm planning to look at that passage, there are a couple of words I can't think what the Greek is, so I need to check.

Of the top of my head I'd think yes, but I want to relook.

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
All this talk about the destruction of the flesh. Isn’t the whole purpose and the plan of God that our flesh fulfill the will of God?

this would be a cause to glory as Paul states in his epistles.Jesus yields to the will of the Father in obedience to all He required.
ya, what is translated to us as “flesh” is really dealing more with our thinking, i guess? it clears up a little in the lexicon, 1 Corinthians 5:5 Lexicon: I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
Strong's Greek: 4561. σάρξ (sarx) -- flesh
“4561 sárksproperly, flesh ("carnal"), merely of human origin or empowerment.

[4561 /sárks ("flesh") is not always evil in Scripture. Indeed, it is used positively in relation to sexual intercourse in marriage (Eph 5:31) – as well as for the sinless human body of Jesus (Jn 1:14; 1 Jn 4:2,3). Indeed, flesh (what is physical) is necessary for the body to live out the faith the Lord works in (Gal 2:20).]

4561 (sarks) is generally negative, referring to making decisions (actions) according to self – i.e. done apart from faith (independent from God's inworking). Thus what is "of the flesh(carnal)" is by definition displeasing to the Lord – even things that seem "respectable!" In short, flesh generally relates to unaided human effort, i.e. decisions (actions) that originate from self or are empowered by self. This is carnal ("of the flesh") and proceeds out of the untouched (unchanged) part of us – i.e. what is not transformed by God”

Reactions: Waiting on him

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
you are dealing with two fairly different contexts there imo

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Off topic response, that might add some insight here is The question, When was Peter and the rest of the Apostles converted? This happened after the death burial and resurrection of Christ for the Blood was there to forgive. We find this recorded In John 20:22, when the Holy Ghost was given to the Apostles before Pentecost, thus showing the second move of the Holy Ghost on Pentecost. This is why Judas is in Hell now, though he believed in Jesus early on, He never was converted. Jesus Knew beforehand that Peter would be converted, but before then he would be sifted of Satan.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, i haven’t watched the vid, but the title suggests that the guy believes he is not also deceived?
Who thinks they are deceived? Isn't that like a contradiction of terms?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

1 Corinthians 5:5 KJV
To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Keeping in mind "tempt" and "test" are both used to translate peirasmos, I see the first (10:13) being "micro", our day to day testings that are intended to improve us in life, and the second (5:5) being "macro", a life handed over to hardship intended to amplify, "as the outer man wastes away, the inner man is restored", a much more extensive testing to produce a conclusive answer.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A confirmation from the Holy Ghost, Great to hear from a fundamentalist Baptist Church.

From the link, the description below the video,

Sunday (Night) Preaching: Oct 31 2021 "Let No Man Deceive You." "Let No Man Deceive Himself." The Author of Deception and Father of Lies Did Not Approach Adam Directly But Went Through Adam's Bride--Same As He Does With the Second Adam(!). Final Point: the Religious Leaders of the Church of the Day Did Not Recognize the Lord Jesus Christ When He Showed Up. Same Again?! Scripture: Romans 7:11

?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the link, the description below the video,

If You watch the first 15-20 minutes of the video you would get the gist of the sermon, instead of speculating and questioning.... But alas you do not like videos so I will not press this point further.

Suffice it to say this is refreshing to hear from fundamentalists.... the being taught by the Spirit of Truth from the Word of God and how everyone is prone to deception, not just the proverbial "they".... this is part of the meat of doctrine, that bears the fruit of humility and unity of the Spirit. It is a very deep sermon for a young man to be preaching.