Minors Are Majors?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok...
I get that Biden wanted to change things up...

And he has been busy signing executive orders...

And it's time to be critical here.
But it's to the point of ridiculousness.

The Government has lost half of the vaccines shipped out. (No idea where they are)
We aren't vaccinating people fast enough.
Biden promised that ⅓ of America would get vaccinated in his first three months in office. And we aren't vaccinating enough people every day to do so. The suppliers can make them...but if we keep losing them...

But transgender people can have one big orgy in the military these days. Soldiers get to march in skirts. They get to use whatever bathroom they want wherever they want. Including the restrooms at the local elementary schools. Of course that's more important than focusing on the health of the nation...
Then stopping the construction of the southern border wall to preserve our borders...that was more important too.

Then there was the oil coming down from Canada... gotta stop that from coming to America too. (Canadian oil makes plastics) Destroying jobs and future jobs for the foreseeable future. Because he wants to befriend Saudis?

Then there's all those poor muslim terrorists that can't get to America... gotta fix that too. Open the doors to them.
Meanwhile close the door to South Africa...they got a strain of coronavirus that the vaccines will stop...can't let them in here.

China lost their direct access to the USA banking system during Trump... gotta fix that too.

Tons of people are still unemployed...but double the minimum wage?

But seems to me that everything is more important than the people.

Can't even get the stimulus checks out to the people that they promised... unemployment offices are overwhelmed and understaffed. Nobody is getting any money.

But congress is all concerned with impeaching a FORMER President...

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Government has lost half of the vaccines shipped out. (No idea where they are)

Not that I'm responding because I'm wild about talking politics these days, but the following just came out a few days ago, and is headline news in my State. No one is surprised, but under Biden we will now lose close to 50,000 jobs in the oil and gas industry as he will now lift the government incentives we enjoyed under the previous administration. That means that while our economy is about to suffer an extremely big hit (and Texas will absolutely get hammered), the US Government will keep the 1.2 Billion dollars and rededicate it some God-knows-where else, and no one will be surprised if it goes down an inept corruption hole and half of it gets pocketed.

The reality will be suffering for a lot of people, during a recession. I truly don't want and don't think I will watch any news from here on out. Not healthy. They are going to dismantle this country, and I have to stay focused on the positives. Unfortunately I deliver the news for a living, and we all know what is coming down here, so it's the big story for two-days running in every paper in the State.

A reeling Louisiana oil and gas industry anticipates another setback: Loss of federal subsidies

Reactions: MattMooradian

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not that I'm responding because I'm wild about talking politics these days, but the following just came out a few days ago, and is headline news in my State. No one is surprised, but under Biden we will now lose close to 50,000 jobs in the oil and gas industry as he will now lift the government incentives we enjoyed under the previous administration. That means that while our economy is about to suffer an extremely big hit (and Texas will absolutely get hammered), the US Government will keep the 1.2 Billion dollars and rededicate it some God-knows-where else, and no one will be surprised if it goes down an inept corruption hole and half of it gets pocketed.

The reality will be suffering for a lot of people, during a recession. I truly don't want and don't think I will watch any news from here on out. Not healthy. They are going to dismantle this country, and I have to stay focused on the positives. Unfortunately I deliver the news for a living, and we all know what is coming down here, so it's the big story for two-days running in every paper in the State.

A reeling Louisiana oil and gas industry anticipates another setback: Loss of federal subsidies

I'm so sorry about that.

I don't know what to tell you...

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm so sorry about that.

I don't know what to tell you...

Nobody knows what to tell us, except "Kiss it goodbye, cuz you are now flat outta luck," LoL.

The Christians know what to tell each other: "Trust in God."

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody knows what to tell us, except "Kiss it goodbye, cuz you are now flat outta luck," LoL.

The Christians know what to tell each other: "Trust in God."

Well I did think that was a "given".

You do get to qualify for unemployment...and with the extra $$ it's almost a paycheck.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I did think that was a "given".

It is for Christians, and a lot of people in my city are. But it's not for unbelievers, and they will have less and less places to turn for real employment.
You do get to qualify for unemployment...and with the extra $$ it's almost a paycheck.

Dependence upon the State for welfare is depressing, not conducive to a productive and self-sufficient mentality, and just breeds further dependence. Nor will it last forever. In Louisiana, the maximum number of weeks that you can receive unemployment benefits is 26 weeks, and the maximum weekly unemployment benefit amount is $247 a week. Most people can't pay their bills on that, let alone when it runs out.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is for Christians, and a lot of people in my city are. But it's not for unbelievers, and they will have less and less places to turn for real employment.

Dependence upon the State for welfare is depressing, not conducive to a productive and self-sufficient mentality, and just breeds further dependence. Nor will it last forever. In Louisiana, the maximum number of weeks that you can receive unemployment benefits is 26 weeks, and the maximum weekly unemployment benefit amount is $247 a week. Most people can't pay their bills on that, let alone when it runs out.

There's an extra $500 put on top of that. (Covid relief) so you actually can afford to be on unemployment until you find a new job.

Just saying.

I'm construction worker so I'm more used to intermittent employment anyway. My budget is set up just for that scenario without unemployment.
But the unemployment this time was especially nice and has extended the comfort zone of unemployment for months more.
But that's not helping you at the moment.

I'm sure that you will find something, somewhere...it's not like you are unskilled labor.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's an extra $500 put on top of that. (Covid relief) so you actually can afford to be on unemployment until you find a new job.

Just saying.

I'm construction worker so I'm more used to intermittent employment anyway. My budget is set up just for that scenario without unemployment.
But the unemployment this time was especially nice and has extended the comfort zone of unemployment for months more.
But that's not helping you at the moment.

I'm sure that you will find something, somewhere...it's not like you are unskilled labor.

No, no. I don't work in the oil and gas industry, although I appreciate your concern if I had. I'm just concerned for the economy of our State, because when a major segment of it goes down economically, we all suffer. I deliver papers for a living still, along with some side work, and when an industry my customers make money off of in various ways takes a big hit, some of them can no longer afford non-essentials like newspaper subscriptions... or eating out, or entertainment venues, or as much retail shopping... it starts to effect everyone.

As for welfare, although I make very little, I have yet to accept any help from the government or my family, and that has been for 30+ years now. The Lord enables me to be self-sufficient, even though my wife and I make practically nothing. Not saying I'd never consider maybe collecting food stamps some day, but I tend to not like the idea of receiving assistance from anyone. Once I got in that habit, it might change my mentality.

Reactions: amadeus and JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, no. I don't work in the oil and gas industry, although I appreciate your concern if I had. I'm just concerned for the economy of our State, because when a major segment of it goes down economically, we all suffer. I deliver papers for a living still, along with some side work, and when an industry my customers make money off of in various ways takes a big hit, some of them can no longer afford non-essentials like newspaper subscriptions... or eating out, or entertainment venues, or as much retail shopping... it starts to effect everyone.

As for welfare, although I make very little, I have yet to accept any help from the government or my family, and that has been for 30+ years now. The Lord enables me to be self-sufficient, even though my wife and I make practically nothing. Not saying I'd never consider maybe collecting food stamps some day, but I tend to not like the idea of receiving assistance from anyone. Once I got in that habit, it might change my mentality.

Trust me when I say it's fairly easy to get the alphabets (government agencies) in your life and it's almost impossible to get them out. They want to do everything and know everything about you and your life once they get in it.

When I say everything I mean just that... almost to the point of watching you use toilet paper effectively.

You really don't want that kind of government intrusion in your life.

But it is good to hear that you personally haven't lost your job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trust me when I say it's fairly easy to get the alphabets (government agencies) in your life and it's almost impossible to get them out. They want to do everything and know everything about you and your life once they get in it.

How consoling, LoL.
When I say everything I mean just that... almost to the point of watching you use toilet paper effectively.

LoL! Thanks for the laugh. My first of the day.
But it is good to hear that you personally haven't lost your job.

Yeah, praise God. Something to be thankful for, for sure.

Reactions: JohnDB