Missing from bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
jaybird said:
why are some things missing from the bible such as chakras, energy fields, sound, frequencies,pineal gland and things of this nature? and if not missing where are they.

i think there are many truths in the eastern beliefs. these people know all about these things in their belief system yet in the west our bible says nothing of these things. when i mention these things to other Christians they think i am crazy and call this devils work. Tibetan Buddhist devote majority of their lives to spirituality and yet most western main stream Christians spend less than one day a week, with most of our focus on our job, our money, shopping and television. this makes no sense to me.
These things detract from what God wants for us, one of which is dependence on him.

Spirituality is a minefield of demonic beliefs which endanger your soul. Even within Christianity there are dangers, you need the guidance of the Holy Spirit to overcome them.

I admit Christians in the west are not very spiritual these days. They say they believe all these things in the bible but fail to put into practice the lessons of Jesus Christ. I think this is a major reason that some are falling away. When these people are persecuted I don't expect them to hold firm to their beliefs. You shouldn't let their actions, or lack there-of sway you. There are many others living righteously that your never hear about because they don't seek glory for themselves.

Reactions: marks

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
lforrest said:
These things detract from what God wants for us, one of which is dependence on him.

Spirituality is a minefield of demonic beliefs which endanger your soul. Even within Christianity there are dangers, you need the guidance of the Holy Spirit to overcome them.
does Jesus not say the Almighty is spirit and we should worship Him in spirit and truth.

and i agree there are demonic things out there. but the bible tells us over and over when we seek the Lord we will find Him. i dont believe our Lord sends lying spirits out to those that are seeking closeness to Him and i think there is a psalm that states this very thing

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
jaybird said:
does Jesus not say the Almighty is spirit and we should worship Him in spirit and truth.

and i agree there are demonic things out there. but the bible tells us over and over when we seek the Lord we will find Him. i dont believe our Lord sends lying spirits out to those that are seeking closeness to Him and i think there is a psalm that states this very thing
There is nothing wrong with being a spiritual person. But I fail to see how these eastern spiritual things, that Christians are usually opposed to, can help you draw nearer to God. They seem to be more about self understanding.

I knew an ex-satanist whom would quote before his conversion, "The only Hell is lack of self understanding."

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the Lord DOES send lying spirits!

So Jaybird, you are looking at energy fields, chakras, them amorites as cedars, bones raising from the dead and raising people from the dead, eastern mysticism.... overall. Let me make a blanket statement and say you are looking for magic.

Bear with me in my folly.

Most Christians will say this is of Satan. I ain't most Christians. No, God created it. Satan isn't using anything of his own creation. He's misusing things God created and never originally intended humans to have.

Well, not exactly... God declared the end from the beginning, so he knew this "magic" would leak out. And it is part of his plan.

But it ain't meant for Christians. We are called to do things through faith. Hebrews 11 lists some miraculous things that were done the right way. Through faith.

There may be some validity to such eastern philosophy. And yes, it comes from God because he created everything. But it question is whether Christians go that route.

God created the narrow and straight way. He also created the wide way.

So God created this eastern philosophy and he created the bible way....

Which power do you want to follow? Both may have power, but why botherwith something god don't want us to deal with?

Reactions: marks

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
lforrest said:
There is nothing wrong with being a spiritual person. But I fail to see how these eastern spiritual things, that Christians are usually opposed to, can help you draw nearer to God. They seem to be more about self understanding.

I knew an ex-satanist whom would quote before his conversion, "The only Hell is lack of self understanding."
your correct this is self understanding. i dont think the answers are there and not in the bible. just a curiosity. but these things are connected to spiritual beliefs in their cultures and thus the connection.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
1 Samuel 16:14-23(GNV)

14 But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit sent of the Lord, vexed him.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
jaybird said:
1 Samuel 16:14-23(GNV)

14 But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit sent of the Lord, vexed him.
This explains why you have trouble understanding the Bible. God created all spirits, and in essence an evil spirit is of God, in that He created all spirits. He did not send the evil spirit to plague or vex Saul. Again picking a single verse out of context without understanding is nothing more than striving about words.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
StanJ said:
This explains why you have trouble understanding the Bible. God created all spirits, and in essence an evil spirit is of God, in that He created all spirits. He did not send the evil spirit to plague or vex Saul. Again picking a single verse out of context without understanding is nothing more than striving about words.
i never claim to be a final authority or expert. but i do know how to read and i have common sense.

"sent of the Lord" - where i come from this means it came from the Lord.

i think you need to hop down from way up there, stop insulting people, stop telling people they are wrong when other possibilities are plausible and read some scriptures on humility.
if you truly want to teach people, acting like a know it all is and talking down to people is not a good way to go about it.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
jaybird said:
i never claim to be a final authority or expert. but i do know how to read and i have common sense.
"sent of the Lord" - where i come from this means it came from the Lord.
i think you need to hop down from way up there, stop insulting people, stop telling people they are wrong when other possibilities are plausible and read some scriptures on humility.
if you truly want to teach people, acting like a know it all is and talking down to people is not a good way to go about it.
The Hebrew doesn't say sent, it says from the Lord as I explained to you already but apparently your mindset is that you don't want to learn anything new?
The only people that accuse me love looking down on them are those that are close-minded they don't really understand God's word. I'm used to it and most of your ilk come and go but I'm still here. I'm not really here to teach people I'm here to rightly divide the word of God. Teaching may become a secondary benefit but not my desire. One has to have the desire to learn to do so, and then here one comes in thinking they know it all then they will be very quickly showing that they don't. You seem to be on that path, which I must say was pretty evident from your very first post.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
StanJ said:
The Hebrew doesn't say sent, it says from the Lord as I explained to you already but apparently your mindset is that you don't want to learn anything new?
The only people that accuse me love looking down on them are those that are close-minded they don't really understand God's word. I'm used to it and most of your ilk come and go but I'm still here. I'm not really here to teach people I'm here to rightly divide the word of God. Teaching may become a secondary benefit but not my desire. One has to have the desire to learn to do so, and then here one comes in thinking they know it all then they will be very quickly showing that they don't. You seem to be on that path, which I must say was pretty evident from your very first post.
so from the Lord means it did not come from the Lord? it was from the Lord but directed by someone else? this makes no sense.

i have not been here long, im still getting to know people. but most all your post you have insulted me, been rude and talked to me like i was a foolish child.
i dont and would never claim to know everything about the bible. i have no shame in proclaiming there are many, many, many things left for me to learn. i have studies the bible all of my adult life and still feel like i am only scratching the surface.

i dont like losing my composure like i have. if you were told you knew nothing about something that was very close to your heart, how would that make you feel?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
jaybird said:
so from the Lord means it did not come from the Lord? it was from the Lord but directed by someone else? this makes no sense.

i have not been here long, im still getting to know people. but most all your post you have insulted me, been rude and talked to me like i was a foolish child.
i dont and would never claim to know everything about the bible. i have no shame in proclaiming there are many, many, many things left for me to learn. i have studies the bible all of my adult life and still feel like i am only scratching the surface.

i dont like losing my composure like i have. if you were told you knew nothing about something that was very close to your heart, how would that make you feel?
As you won't receive the instruction I gave you, its bound not to make any sense. ALL things are from God. If you read Job, you will get a sense of what that means. It doesn't mean God SENT that spirit as I've already shown you.

Your perception is your problem, but suffice it to say your posts don't come across as someone who has a whole lot of understanding of the Bible. You started this thread and a few people have tried to make you understand but you have made it very clear your perception is the only thing you understand and you're not willing to learn, so yes, with that childish attitude I'm sure you do feel like a child. I haven't told you that you know nothing, I just try to answer your questions to the best of my ability but instead of looking at those instructions for the truth within them, you resist. Telling us you studied the Bible your whole adult life doesn't mean much as it's not framed in any fashion. I have studied the Bible for over 45 years, and you're right, I haven't even scratched the surface, but I know for sure that what I tell you is true, and you can accept it or reject it, that is of course your choice, but don't get your nose all bent out of shape because you don't like the answers or how I address you in writing. What did you expect to learn here, given your OP?

iakov

Jan 17, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jaybird said:
why are some things missing from the bible such as chakras, energy fields, sound, frequencies,pineal gland and things of this nature? and if not missing where are they.

i think there are many truths in the eastern beliefs. these people know all about these things in their belief system yet in the west our bible says nothing of these things. when i mention these things to other Christians they think i am crazy and call this devils work. Tibetan Buddhist devote majority of their lives to spirituality and yet most western main stream Christians spend less than one day a week, with most of our focus on our job, our money, shopping and television. this makes no sense to me.
In spite of whatever flak you may get for asking such a question and suggesting that eastern mysticism have real spiritual value, you've asked an excellent question. It touches upon a serious deficiency in most of western Christianity's teaching and practice.

There is an unfortunate mindset among many believers that if it isn't in the Bible then it isn't true and might just be from the devil.

That's nonsense, of course. Most of history and geography are not in the Bible and there is no algebra, calculus or physics to be found.
There is a very good reason for that; the Bible is God's self revelation to mankind. Those "missing" things I mentioned aren't necessary to communicate God's self-revelation, His love for mankind, or His act of redemption and reconciliation which was accomplished in Jesus' death and resurrection.

There is wisdom in the eastern religions and in the per-Columbian western religions of the pre-European invasion of the Americas. But that wisdom does not bring us face to face with Christ as the Bible does.

The word, "spirituality" brings up a somewhat different topic. Most of Protestant theology and practice has ignored spirituality and focused on teaching the scriptures. (an emphasis on the intellectual aspect of man)

There is spirituality which focuses inward and leads to the Satori of the Zen Buddhist and there is a spirituality which focuses on Jesus which leads to a revelation of God's divine energies and a deeper understanding of His infinite love. Such spirituality is not very often found in Western Christianity. However, you will find that spirituality in Hesychasm (Sacred Quietude) as expounded in the writings of St. Gregory Palamas, 14th century monk of Mt. Athos in Greece and Archbishop of Thessaloniki and preeminent theologian of Hesychasm. It has raised some interest in the West as evidenced by the teaching of the "Jesus prayer" in recent years.
See:
https://oca.org/orthodoxy/the-orthodox-faith/spirituality/prayer-fasting-and-alms-giving/the-jesus-prayerhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Prayerand
https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=jesus+prayer&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004

You may find Hesychast spirituality practiced by some monks in Eastern Orthodox monasteries. It was op[posed by the Western Church but has recently sparked some interest among Catholics and Protestants seeking a deeper spirituality as you seek.

Aside from that example, there are those who attempt to make their lives a spiritual journey of drawing ever closer to Christ through much prayer and fasting and works of mercy. Unfortunately, such dedication is rarely emphasized in most of western Christianity and hardly ever taught.

Primary works of St. Gregory Palamas translated into English

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
StanJ said:
As you won't receive the instruction I gave you, its bound not to make any sense. ALL things are from God. If you read Job, you will get a sense of what that means. It doesn't mean God SENT that spirit as I've already shown you.

Your perception is your problem, but suffice it to say your posts don't come across as someone who has a whole lot of understanding of the Bible. You started this thread and a few people have tried to make you understand but you have made it very clear your perception is the only thing you understand and you're not willing to learn, so yes, with that childish attitude I'm sure you do feel like a child. I haven't told you that you know nothing, I just try to answer your questions to the best of my ability but instead of looking at those instructions for the truth within them, you resist. Telling us you studied the Bible your whole adult life doesn't mean much as it's not framed in any fashion. I have studied the Bible for over 45 years, and you're right, I haven't even scratched the surface, but I know for sure that what I tell you is true, and you can accept it or reject it, that is of course your choice, but don't get your nose all bent out of shape because you don't like the answers or how I address you in writing. What did you expect to learn here, given your OP?
it actually makes perfect sense the way the scriptures read. it is only senseless when you try and explain it.
i have studied the bible my whole adult life, the point i was making is that its a subject that i am passionate about, not that i know more than the next person and i tried to make it very clear that i have much more to learn and do not think of myself as above anyone. but like you said, that does not mean much to you.
i was upset because most all your post are insulting and rude.
and what was wrong with my OP? are they not legit questions about real things? why am i the only one that thinks about these things?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
another example

Judges 9:23
Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:

KJV, GNV agree NIV is a bit different (stirred up animosity ) but most the other versions say it was sent from the Lord.

just making a point but im sure your going to say they are all wrong.

and for what its worth IMO the Almighty is more than fully capable of sending/ not sending what ever He wants. i would never put limitations on His power.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
jaybird said:
i have studied the bible my whole adult life, the point i was making is that its a subject that i am passionate about, not that i know more than the next person and i tried to make it very clear that i have much more to learn and do not think of myself as above anyone. but like you said, that does not mean much to you.
i was upset because most all your post are insulting and rude.
and what was wrong with my OP? are they not legit questions about real things? why am i the only one that thinks about these things?
I'll ask again, what does that mean, " my whole adult life"?
Passion has nothing to do with understanding or being right. Most fanatics are very passionate about what they think, but don't really understand.
Donald Trump is passionate and we can all pretty much see how much of a fool he is.
It's not up to you to judge whether or not my posts are insulting or rude, that's up to the moderators. There is a report button at the end of every post and if you feel is insulting or rude you can report it, but it's not up to you to publicly state that I'm being insulting or rude Kama as that in itself is an infraction.
Maybe you should think about this last question you just asked? Why are you the only one that thinks about this?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
jaybird said:
another example

Judges 9:23
Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:

KJV, GNV agree NIV is a bit different (stirred up animosity ) but most the other versions say it was sent from the Lord.

just making a point but im sure your going to say they are all wrong.

and for what its worth IMO the Almighty is more than fully capable of sending/ not sending what ever He wants. i would never put limitations on His power.
I'm not saying the Bible is wrong I'm saying your understanding is wrong or misinformed or erroneous or whatever you want to call it, but you just don't get it.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
iakov said:
In spite of whatever flak you may get for asking such a question and suggesting that eastern mysticism have real spiritual value, you've asked an excellent question. It touches upon a serious deficiency in most of western Christianity's teaching and practice.
There is an unfortunate mindset among many believers that if it isn't in the Bible then it isn't true and might just be from the devil.
That's nonsense, of course. Most of history and geography are not in the Bible and there is no algebra, calculus or physics to be found.
There is a very good reason for that; the Bible is God's self revelation to mankind. Those "missing" things I mentioned aren't necessary to communicate God's self-revelation, His love for mankind, or His act of redemption and reconciliation which was accomplished in Jesus' death and resurrection.
Maybe you can tell us exactly what the real spiritual values are in eastern mysticism? Phil 4:8 tells to keep an open mind and think in all good things, but that does not include mysticism. Christians know that everything that is in the Bible is everything we need to know God and our Savior Jesus Christ. It lacks nothing in that regard which includes whatever you may feel is lacking. The Bible is meant to deal with one thing in it's historical and Theological content, and that is God. BTW are you EO or RC? I'm trying to understand why you would encourage this line of questioning?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Jaybird,

Good on you for thinking outside the box, Far to many put God inside there box and close the lid, and wont let Him out. There is so much to God that we in our meager lives could never learn nor understand it all, but to find it one needs to ask God, after all He is teh creator.

Now God did not create evil, evil was always here, it just had no hold until the fall of man, which opened teh door to let it in. Lucifer, teh devil was created in honor and glory as one of God angels, but he let pride come in and fell from his first estate, he and his fallen angles where what is behind the evil spirits not God.

As for all these religions, even christianity as a religion keeps man from God it is the devil that seem to be so good and finding alternative ways for man to save himself,but it is all folly.

I have a friend who could tell you much about the workings of the human body by things that the Lord has shown her and she is no doctor or nurse. God gives to those who ask, if one does not ask, how can one receive.

Reactions: jaybird

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
StanJ said:
Maybe you can tell us exactly what the real spiritual values are in eastern mysticism? Phil 4:8 tells to keep an open mind and think in all good things, but that does not include mysticism. Christians know that everything that is in the Bible is everything we need to know God and our Savior Jesus Christ. It lacks nothing in that regard which includes whatever you may feel is lacking. The Bible is meant to deal with one thing in it's historical and Theological content, and that is God. BTW are you EO or RC? I'm trying to understand why you would encourage this line of questioning?
let me say that i am the worst when creating titles for post. i dont put much thought in them cause im thinking of the question / discussion thats following.
i dont think we are missing out on anything outside our bible. but i think the answer to all things are in the bible.

let me pick one example out of my OP and explain. the pineal gland. if you mention this little thing around mainstream Christians many will start screaming devil! third eye and all the rest. but yet its real, if you looked inside a human brain there it is. why is it there?
ancient belief systems knew all about this gland, they drew pictures of it and such.
todays science knows little about it. the few things they know are very interesting. its about 90% water, it puts out more energy than anything else in our body, it has vision type receptors like the ones connected to our eyes, its connected to dreams, if its damaged it leads to schizophrenia.
i think its strange this gland is so tightly connected and revered in other beliefs, yet ours says nothing about it. its not a false god or custom, its a real thing in our body.
i have my own thoughts, we have a body, soul and spirit. body is here, soull is somewhere else, spirit connects the two. maybe this gland is the physical connecting point of our spirit. just a thought.