Missing from bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
seems like we come to an understanding that the counterfeit comes first, but i guess its hard to imagine that applying to our initial experience?
what did you go out into the wilderness to see?
Counterfeit or incomplete with some little bit right and much wrong. The counterfeiting, which occurs likely comes from those who have been around a while, but have Not been growing in the things of God. What happens to a plant or an animal that fails to produce new cells as fast as the old ones die... or to fully repair the old ones to the efficiency they had earlier on...? Progress toward physical death.

What did Joshua and Caleb when they went out into that wilderness? What did the rest of the adults who came out of Egypt see?

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:... Prov 29:18

The ones [600,000 without women and children] who died in the wilderness thought they could see, but were they not blind following blind leaders instead of the Leader who could see?

"Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." Matt 15:14

Are there any blind around us or among us today... or any who claim that they are not blind when...?

"And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth." John 9:40-41

Reactions: bbyrd009

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
as if, huh? how do we get this so wrong? Imo it is bc Death More Abundantly has been made the goal, and "Jesus" has been shoe-horned into a role...apparently exactly as planned

id say you might at least consider the possibility that one might "confess Jesus" without ever actually saying the name "Jesus," despite our common rendering of those vv, that "says so." Which i know sounds maybe off or sacrilegious or something, but Many will cry "Lord, Lord," right

the "through Jesus" thing is one of the most misused passages ever. "Judge them by their fruits" is probable the most ignored. with this logic you can take an event like the massacre of Amritsar where British troops murdered 500 innocent people and claim the British will go to heaven because they call themself Christian and all those hindus will go straight to hell because they were born into Hinduism.
punished for where you born, hard to believe people actually believe it, but then again, 500 years ago Christian leaders thought it was a good idea to burn people alive.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
the "through Jesus" thing is one of the most misused passages ever. "Judge them by their fruits" is probable the most ignored. with this logic you can take an event like the massacre of Amritsar where British troops murdered 500 innocent people and claim the British will go to heaven because they call themself Christian and all those hindus will go straight to hell because they were born into Hinduism.
punished for where you born, hard to believe people actually believe it, but then again, 500 years ago Christian leaders thought it was a good idea to burn people alive.
ha, yup
it's right there in plain code, i guess (so Christians cannot understand it)--Esau have i hated
so i guess get your fill of "red stew," Christians; eat all of that you can stand

Reactions: jaybird

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, yup
it's right there in plain code, i guess (so Christians cannot understand it)--Esau have i hated
so i guess get your fill of "red stew," Christians; eat all of that you can stand
Are people ever mis-labeled? What is on the inside? What is showing on the outside?

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are people ever mis-labeled? What is on the inside? What is showing on the outside?
Jesus said this:

"Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them" Matt 7:20

But what of the blind who cannot see and the deaf who cannot hear?

"Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." Matt 13:13-15

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said this:

"Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them" Matt 7:20

But what of the blind who cannot see and the deaf who cannot hear?

"Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." Matt 13:13-15
Contend for the true faith till the last breath goes out those lungs . JESUS ALONE IS THE ONLY HOPE ONE HAS . And when i say ONLY
i mean ONLY as in NO OTHER .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you know already , most folks who lip JESUS dont follow JESUS . But i must remind us all , Before GOD and nation and nations
that no hindu , buddist or atheist or other religoin will enter into the KINGDOM of GOD and of HEAVEN .
But yeah , SO too most who lip JESUS name wont either . Cause they dont truly FOLLOW HIM either .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Visualize a fan the size of america . Visualize a pile of dung the size of the european continent .
Now visualize that pile getting dumped right on that fan . Things are about to go straight to the gutter .
Let us cling to JESUS . All else is vain , vainity and vanity of vanities . And if it aint the biblical JESUS
well , stand in front of that fan , cause you gonna be buried in dung . I have loved you all my friends .
But i am not GOD . Never was , never will be . BUT i can POINT TO HE WHO IS GOD and THE ONLY WAY TO GOD , WHICH IS JESUS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime