Modestly

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the Bible say about modesty?

I will preface this thread by pointing out Israel is called wife of God. God adorned her beautiful clothing and jewelry, including such as nose rings.

So a lot of the warnings you read are time since.

Such as certain hairdos and red lipstick were warn by prostitutes to advertise.

If a woman dresses sexually enticing obviously that is not modest.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
What does the Bible say about modesty?

I will preface this thread by pointing out Israel is called wife of God. God adorned her beautiful clothing and jewelry, including such as nose rings.

So a lot of the warnings you read are time since.

Such as certain hairdos and red lipstick were warn by prostitutes to advertise.

If a woman dresses sexually enticing obviously that is not modest.
I strongly think basic modesty is important and Scriptural.

However, if it's lipstick you somehow have a problem with, we need just to remember that over 100 years ago it was associated with woman suffrage, and the activities of Elizabeth Arden, for example. "In 1912, Arden alongside 15,000 other suffragettes marched past her Red Door Salon in New York, all wearing red lipstick." smiiink dot com / internationalwomensday-red-lipsticks/ https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...arching_through_the_street_of_Washington.jpeg

For a very long time now, there have been many preachers' wives who would probably quietly say that they don't feel quite dressed unless they go to church making sure they have applied their lipstick.

I don't quite know what exactly the point being made is but presumably it is hard to deny objectively that some moderate amount of cosmetics are consistent with general principles of modesty among Christian women.

Reactions: Pearl