Modestly

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 John 5:19 "And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness."

Ephesians 2:2 "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"

I think they are being groomed.

Much love, but in heaviness!
Mark
We were in our local shopping mall yesterday and commented on the highly suggestive pop video showing a semi naked singer gyrating suggestively on the gigantic screen. This is the stuff that young girls (and lads) are subjected to today; these women are their idols. They want to look like them and dress like them and even the little ones know the words to these suggestive songs. It is appalling what passes for normal and acceptable today.

Reactions: farouk

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Modern claims men and women are equal in all things is simply bogus."
I have a book describing how male and female brains are 'wired' differently. It's very interesting.
I've seen scientific presentations on that issue.

Men and women are wired very differently mentally and physically.

After all how can you separate the mental and physical realities?

God created us with those differences. Female is a helpmate to the male. They are our wise advisors. The backbone of our homes.

With 47 years of marriage I have a little personal experience in those areas.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've sings scientific presentations on that issue.

Men and women are wired very differently mentally and physically.

After all how can you separate the mental and physical realities?

God created us with those differences. Female is a helpmate to the male. They are our wise advisors. The backbone of our homes.

With 47 years of marriage I have a little personal experience in those areas.
Ha, me too.

Reactions: CoreIssue

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We were in our local shopping mall yesterday and commented on the highly suggestive pop video showing a semi naked singer gyrating suggestively on the gigantic screen. This is the stuff that young girls (and lads) are subjected to today; these women are their idols. They want to look like them and dress like them and even the little ones know the words to these suggestive songs. It is appalling what passes for normal and acceptable today.
I wholeheartedly agree. In fact, I in some ways don't like watching TV.

There's the other side also; I don't agree either with people of a legalistic mindset trying to micromanage other people who are already dressed reasonably and modestly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS: Often TV distorts contexts. Sometimes the contexts are somewhat blurred unnecessarily.

My wife and I attended a wedding - lovely to be there, wishing the Lord's richest blessing on the couple. It did strike me that some of the wedding party might have been more attuned to the context of a beach. Having said that, if they had indeed been at a beach, they way there were would probably have seemed perfectly normal. Context has a lot to do with it; but I guess that a lot of young people today are not quite as attuned to the difference in contexts. (Up here, a judge has even legalized toplessness in public, so I guess one ought to keep quiet about other people's weddings.)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
PS: Often TV distorts contexts. Sometimes the contexts are somewhat blurred unnecessarily.

My wife and I attended a wedding - lovely to be there, wishing the Lord's richest blessing on the couple. It did strike me that some of the wedding party might have been more attuned to the context of a beach. Having said that, if they had indeed been at a beach, they way there were would probably have seemed perfectly normal. Context has a lot to do with it; but I guess that a lot of young people today are not quite as attuned to the difference in contexts. (Up here, a judge has even legalized toplessness in public, so I guess one ought to keep quiet about other people's weddings.)
I think for those who are not Christians they are free to make their own choices but for those that are everything about their lives should reflect that.

Reactions: marks

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think for those who are not Christians they are free to make their own choices but for those that are everything about their lives should reflect that.
I agree; it seems that some Christian young people don't really have the awareness about skin exposure on formal occasions as opposed to on the beach.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
1 John 5:19 "And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness."

Ephesians 2:2 "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"
Good verses there!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I like what she says about shame verses guilt - where people lay things at your door and just leave it there, making you feel worthless
I would make a distinction between what is shameful — there is indeed much that is shameful — and (going beyond the shameful) what is guilt-manipulative. Some fine teachers of the Word will say a lot of good things, but sometimes slip into what amounts to mere preference and opinion expressed in guilt-manipulation; we do need to be careful about what we say is, Thus saith the Lord.