Moratorium

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally I like hearing what others have to say...
Particularly the Two "Supposedly" Ones to Avoid!
Their Spiritual Beliefs;
Their Political Beliefs;

And their Whys and Sources.
It reveals a lot about a person, their character...be they someone to be "yoked" with (in what context) or not.

The "speaking" for others, then disagreeing...
Has to be the Most Obvious, Ridiculous, worn out Tactic...immature, and immaturity is expected IMO.
(Adult behavior Used to be easily observed in Teens ... now-a-days ... yipes, you could watch YouTube Videos 24-7 of 30, 40, 50+ year olds ... or live in Walmart- mall- beach- bar... immature and weird.

As far as the Name-Calling...a politically correct "no no". Eh I'm not a politician. I know the truth that applies to me, and SEE as well Name-Calling that does not Apply To others.

The IGNORE feature on this Forum is great.
"Hate speech" is political over-rated jargon.
Hate- is not the opposite of Love.
Hate- is a strong Dis-Like.
Personally, I still endorse Free Speech.

Glory to God,
Taken

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally I like hearing what others have to say...
Particularly the Two "Supposedly" Ones to Avoid!
Their Spiritual Beliefs;
Their Political Beliefs;

And their Whys and Sources.
It reveals a lot about a person, their character...be they someone to be "yoked" with (in what context) or not.

The "speaking" for others, then disagreeing...
Has to be the Most Obvious, Ridiculous, worn out Tactic...immature, and immaturity is expected IMO.
(Adult behavior Used to be easily observed in Teens ... now-a-days ... yipes, you could watch YouTube Videos 24-7 of 30, 40, 50+ year olds ... or live in Walmart- mall- beach- bar... immature and weird.

As far as the Name-Calling...a politically correct "no no". Eh I'm not a politician. I know the truth that applies to me, and SEE as well Name-Calling that does not Apply To others.

The IGNORE feature on this Forum is great.
"Hate speech" is political over-rated jargon.
Hate- is not the opposite of Love.
Hate- is a strong Dis-Like.
Personally, I still endorse Free Speech.

Glory to God,
Taken
I appreciate your open-minded attitude! Yes this is where a mixture of beliefs come and discuss their beliefs....some with a humble spirit and others with a haughty spirit.
It is up to each member to know when to speak up and when to be silent.

Reactions: Jay Ross and Taken

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to try to stem the tide of election posts tomorrow, so the moratorium is lifted. Lets keep it civil.
I imagine that it will be similar as to what we did during the debates...

Reactions: lforrest

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to try to stem the tide of election posts tomorrow, so the moratorium is lifted. Lets keep it civil.
There are still some that are locked...is that intentional?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So today I can say that both Trump and Biden blow raspberries?

(They are politicians after all)

Reactions: Josho

rjs330

Aug 3, 2020
Belgrade
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree. Really this whole forum is nothing but division. You can't even start a fellowship thread without argument and hate, which this whole place is full of.

Well debate of ideas is part of the human experience. Not everyone thinks alike. I take no issue with debate. I even have no problem with passion.

I think we should be careful of tossing around the word hatred. As Christians we see that all the time. We are accused of hatred of gays, because we believe it is sinful or we don't support gay marriage. We are accused of hatred of women because we may believe that men and women have different roles in the family. We are accused of hating transgender people because we may believe that men should use men's locker rooms and women should use women's locker rooms. Evangelicals are accused of hating black people because they supported Trump.

But I don't subscribe to that. Just cause you disagree with passion my stance on evolution or the rapture, it doesn't mean you hate or I hate. It just means we don't agree.

What I don't like though is people calling others names, or saying you are not a real Christian if you don't believe exactly the same way I believe.

Debate me, argue with me with passion. I'm okay with that. I try and follow the scripture that tells us not to be easily offended. But don't tell me I'm not a Christian and don't tell me I'm a hater and don't call me names.

rjs330

Aug 3, 2020
Belgrade
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel better about the moderation now than I did during the first few days after I joined the site. But I wish there were stricter rules like what I've read in Christian Forums' TOS. I thought the offensive name-calling and the derogatory remarks I've seen in some threads was a terrible Christian witness and a disgrace to the overall reputation of this site. I kept thinking that it's no wonder why there are so many scathing news articles and commentaries like what I've shared before in my posts. I agree with Hillary Clinton when she said Christianity is too judgmental and alienating. I know she's right because I've experienced it firsthand and have witnessed it on this Christian board since I joined a little over a month ago.

We don't want stricter rules. CF is too strict in my opinion. I challenged someone not to continue a false narrative after they were shown the truth and got violated for it.

I don't support name calling though and don't support anyone saying someone is not a true believer just cause they might support a certain candidate or believe a particular way about a scripture. I do believe rules should not allow that.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well debate of ideas is part of the human experience. Not everyone thinks alike. I take no issue with debate. I even have no problem with passion.

I think we should be careful of tossing around the word hatred. As Christians we see that all the time. We are accused of hatred of gays, because we believe it is sinful or we don't support gay marriage. We are accused of hatred of women because we may believe that men and women have different roles in the family. We are accused of hating transgender people because we may believe that men should use men's locker rooms and women should use women's locker rooms. Evangelicals are accused of hating black people because they supported Trump.

But I don't subscribe to that. Just cause you disagree with passion my stance on evolution or the rapture, it doesn't mean you hate or I hate. It just means we don't agree.

What I don't like though is people calling others names, or saying you are not a real Christian if you don't believe exactly the same way I believe.

Debate me, argue with me with passion. I'm okay with that. I try and follow the scripture that tells us not to be easily offended. But don't tell me I'm not a Christian and don't tell me I'm a hater and don't call me names.
Amen!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must have been in the wrong threads because I never saw things get heated with others on here. This website is mostly conservative and the general consensus is that people think Biden is an idiot and Trump is going to win.

Reactions: JohnDB

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree. Really this whole forum is nothing but division. You can't even start a fellowship thread without argument and hate, which this whole place is full of.
There is no truth in what you have stated here....
1. "The WHOLE Forum is NOTHING but division."
2. "Can't start a fellowship thread without argument or hate, which the WHOLE PLACE is full of."
I can empathize with you on attacks you have sustained from those who disagree with you.....but let's be honest....you have been just as guilty.
But where I just cannot even come close to being understanding and compassionate is when statements like this is made falsely insinuating the whole forum is nothing but division.
This is a complete and total exaggeration of the truth and reality. This is a nice way of saying it's lying propaganda put forth by a person who cannot see past their own hurt feelings and forgive and move on. Everyone gets offended by someone or something in life....but letting it turn your heart angry and bitter is going to destroy your witness and your walk.
I will pray that He will heal you and deliver you from that spirit of offense and restore peace back in your heart.
It's okay to vent now and then and seek counsel or encouragement when you go through persecution from others but it is not okay to make the forum as a whole the enemy.
If you really need to vent openly then seek a moderator in private and let them counsel with you.
God Bless

Reactions: JohnDB

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no truth in what you have stated here....
1. "The WHOLE Forum is NOTHING but division."
2. "Can't start a fellowship thread without argument or hate, which the WHOLE PLACE is full of."
I can empathize with you on attacks you have sustained from those who disagree with you.....but let's be honest....you have been just as guilty.
But where I just cannot even come close to being understanding and compassionate is when statements like this is made falsely insinuating the whole forum is nothing but division.
This is a complete and total exaggeration of the truth and reality. This is a nice way of saying it's lying propaganda put forth by a person who cannot see past their own hurt feelings and forgive and move on. Everyone gets offended by someone or something in life....but letting it turn your heart angry and bitter is going to destroy your witness and your walk.
I will pray that He will heal you and deliver you from that spirit of offense and restore peace back in your heart.
It's okay to vent now and then and seek counsel or encouragement when you go through persecution from others but it is not okay to make the forum as a whole the enemy.
If you really need to vent openly then seek a moderator in private and let them counsel with you.
God Bless

Then I have another mod against me. It's not just me it's others that know this forum is full of hatred for those not evangelicals, as @Michie said this place is full of vitriol. I started a fellowship thread and people came in and fought in it, so don't tell me I'm lying. For Christians who are not evangelicals this is one of the worst forums. Heck even @Josho had to start a PM with many of us because he started a thread wanting to discuss the Virgin Mary and got attacked! Your right I did respond in kind and still do because I am sick of being walked on by people here. So don't lecture me like I'm a bad guy and don't cal me a liar or imply it when this place is very poisonous if one is not a certain type of Christian.

Reactions: Michie

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I have another mod against me. It's not just me it's others that know this forum is full of hatred for those not evangelicals, as @Michie said this place is full of vitriol. I started a fellowship thread and people came in and fought in it, so don't tell me I'm lying. For Christians who are not evangelicals this is one of the worst forums. Heck even @Josho had to start a PM with many of us because he started a thread wanting to discuss the Virgin Mary and got attacked! Your right I did respond in kind and still do because I am sick of being walked on by people here. So don't lecture me like I'm a bad guy and don't cal me a liar or imply it when this place is very poisonous if one is not a certain type of Christian.

Oh there's a few who love to preach at a person instead of talk.

But you know that you and I just talk about things...there's good people here who do enjoy just talking and exchanging ideas.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother I am not against you....I am against the things you say about the forum.
Do not make this a personal attack...it is a rebuke to your claim about the forum for which I am not ashamed to defend.
This forum has been the greatest blessing to me since I first joined. It continues to bless me through all the many nuggets of wisdom shared by others.